It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fulfilled Prophecy: Evidence for the Reliability of the Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Science says, everything came from stardust. Lo and behold, man was made from dust! Truth and science are both there, just you and most people like you do not know what you are looking at.

Stardust and the dust of the Earth are not the same thing. And the Qur'an says that we were created from clay, not dirt or dust.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

My point exactly. We are told the Bible is the one exact truth. Yet there's more than one version of the same story? More than one set of instructions? Pfft!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Star dust? Maybe so, but how about the catch: we're supposed to worship God. No all-knowing, all-powerful being is going to demand that it be worshiped.

So here's a question: can God cultivate an ego so big that even He cannot tame it? Because he sure seems to have one!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Akragon

My point exactly. We are told the Bible is the one exact truth. Yet there's more than one version of the same story? More than one set of instructions? Pfft!

Not all of us listen to what we are told...

Religion will tell you one thing... but by reading it for yourself, you'll find the story is quite different then what we are told...

The OT are the ways of old... mans laws...

Jesus gave us the rules that have always been... so it really depends on what you read, who you listen to... and of course what one understands.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There's a small problem with that. Our understanding doesn't equate with correctness. Just because we think we get it, doesn't mean we do. That problem stems from the fact that we translated an obscure language written by people from a different culture. And we expected it to turn out completely accurate?

And better yet, we believe it reads just as perfectly now as it did then? There are things written now that don't make sense...what about back then?
edit on 2-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

While that might be true... certian truths are undeniable...

That is why his words hold true to this day... the same can not be said about most of the bible though

And better yet, we believe it reads just as perfectly now as it did then? There are things written now that don't make sense...what about back then?

Only certian christian sects believe the book is perfect... when in fact it is a VERY flawed book...

edit on 2-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And somehow, everyone of those sects managed to find this site.

How very fortuitous. -.-

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry much...

Many of those end up getting banned eventually...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Take for instance, standing in Mt. Sinai 3500 years ago YHWH told Moses the origins of man and that man was created from dust (animals as well). If you look at the elemental composition of the human body (and all creatures), you will find every single element on the earth. Science says, everything came from stardust. Lo and behold, man was made from dust!

Oh, yeah, Moses tried to tell us about DNA and chemical composition, but because the people lacked understanding he just called it dust. You don't have to be a genius to observe the decomposition of a corpse to see that all thing go back to dust, but life is a little more complicated than that, isn't it?

It would be one thing if Moses wrote about star dust, but the bible doesn't even refer to the stars and planets as being anything other that lights, let alone building blocks of life.

The Greek Caduceus, or Wand of Hermes, does more to explain life than the Bible ever could.
edit on 2-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Has anyone here heard of the Genesis Code? A very poorly made student film, trying to meld science and religion, but feeling more like a religious film with science overtones forcibly injected and crudely patched over. The basic premise, however, was an interesting one.

Essentially, it explained that in the days following the "Big Bang," the universe would have been expanding at such a phenomenal rate that growth and decay that we would see happen over the course of literally hundreds of thousands of years would have occurred within minutes. Therefore, the many millions of years that Earth took to form could conceivably have taken place within the space of a week...from God's perspective.

And therein lies the issue: God's perspective. Are we to believe that a spirit watching Earth forming from afar decided to relate the experience? Channeling is not new, but the difficulty I have is in believing that the spirit imparting this sight was a god, and the only existing one at that.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It's amazing the lengths and twisted logical turns some people will go to keep recreating their god, so that it appears that "he's" always been telling us these scientific facts, and they've been right all along.

Right, the Grand Canyon was created during a flash flood. When God told Noah to collect all the living beasts, Moses forgot to tell us about the part where God tells Noah, "except for the bazillions of species of dinosaurs". Oh yeah, there was no continental drift until after the flood, don't ya know?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

One of the links I gave actually WAS an Atheist who did not see hell NOR did he have a "biblical" near death experience. But you KNEW that right? Good luck with basing your entire life on one persons NDE.

No, I didn't know that. I admit that I didn't check the links, I just responded to what you said. Also, it is not just one person's NDE but many.

Originally posted by arpgme
...Or Buddhists that see The Buddha in Heaven?

What about the many Buddhists that see Hell? Oh WAIT, that does not FIT your lifestyle so we'll just skip that part:

Originally posted by arpgme
What about Muslims who see Muhammad in heaven?

What about the countless Muslims who see Jesus?

No, I'm not skipping over anything. You already said that there are cases of people seeing hell who weren't Christian, in fact, that was the whole point of me responding, to show that there are people who do not believe in The Bible nor Jesus and still see heaven.

There are cases of people who aren't Christian seeing hell, there are cases of people who are Christian seeing hell, there are people who are Muslim seeing heaven and Muhammad, and there are cases of Muslims seeing Hell and meeting Jesus.

That means that SOME people who do not believe in Jesus or believe in The Bible make it to heaven, and according to the NDE's even SOME Christians go to hell.

I am biased for one thing and one thing ONLY: the TRUTH. How about YOU?

If you were truly biased for the truth, you wouldn't have left out the fact that people from other religions see their gods and make it to heaven.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

When you say they see heaven, what exactly are they supposed to be seeing?

Just because they see something that can be described as heavenly, doesn't mean it's the Bible's heaven.

Additionally, all of this proves that you don't HAVE to be saved, don't HAVE to believe in Jesus, and don't HAVE to worship God in order to go to heaven. And that, in itself, invalidates half of the Bible...you know, because of all the fire and brimstone and damnation we read about. If the conditions were violated, that throws doubt on the rest of the game.
edit on 2-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
...why you think Jesus is the special one out of the thousands?

Excellent question.

1) Hebrew pictographs are important. Symbols are like ogres and onions; they have layers. According to Moses, God's name literally means "I Am That I Am". When read in text, you're essentially looking at Hebrew hieroglyphics. YHWH = "I Am That I Am" = "Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail". I'm still in the process of learning Hebrew myself so I'm not the most qualified person to explain this, but I believe this video covers it pretty well. The name points to Yeshua ("Yahweh Saves") thousands of years before his birth. Was the name "too holy" for the Jews to speak, or were they still rejecting Jesus as the Messiah? I suppose that is all up in the air for speculation.

2) Many Bible scholars believe that the story of Joshua in Genesis foretold, in symbol, of the coming of Jesus the Christ. They understand the story as a prophetic message concerning the rejection of the Messiah by the Jews. The basic jist of the story is that Joseph's envious brothers sell him into slavery and then later don't recognize him when he becomes the most powerful man in Egypt (after the Pharaoh). From a purely biblical perspective, Jesus's brothers (Jews) sold him into slavery and crucified him. They do not now recognize him as Messiah. Jesus now comes to the rest of the world (Egypt) offering salvation to the gentiles. Like the story of Joseph, he recognized his brothers before they recognized him.

3) And here's 68 more reasons. I won't post them here or spoon feed them to you since people will accuse me of plagiarism. Do the research yourself. Then - if you must criticize - criticize the message, not the messenger.
edit on 7/2/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Take some time and read the Qur'an and bear witness to God's final revelation for mankind. It corrects a lot of the errors in the Bible.

Sorry, but I just don't buy in to the idea that Jesus was "just" a prophet. If someone tells you they are the Son of God, they are either telling the truth, lying, or just plain crazy.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Did you ever consider, the hand and the nail are symbols of building, more than torture and murder? If this concocted Jesus hadn't been nailed to wood, would you still claim him as GOD because he was the son of a carpenter, hand and nail?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

1) Hebrew pictographs are important. Symbols are like ogres and onions; they have layers. According to Moses, God's name literally means "I Am That I Am". When read in text, you're essentially looking at Hebrew hieroglyphics. YHWH = "I Am That I Am" = "Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail". I'm still in the process of learning Hebrew myself so I'm not the most qualified person to explain this, but I believe this video covers it pretty well. The name points to Yeshua ("Yahweh Saves") thousands of years before his birth. Was the name "too holy" for the Jews to speak, or were they still rejecting Jesus as the Messiah? I suppose that is all up in the air for speculation.

Want to hear the irony? They call him haShem "the Ineffable Name", they deny Yeshua is the Christ and YHWH but the prophets told them that is exactly who he is. They believe in his prehuman incarnation as Hayah but they can't seem to swallow who he came here as the Savior, except the messianic jews.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Did you ever consider, the hand and the nail are symbols of building, more than torture and murder? If this concocted Jesus hadn't been nailed to wood, would you still claim him as GOD because he was the son of a carpenter, hand and nail?

However you view it, Jesus fits the bill for "Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail" perfectly. He was a carpenter on Earth, and then nailed our sin to a crucifix and became a carpenter of the soul. The fact that the name was given thousands of years before his birth, I believe, makes divine intervention more plausible.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Want to hear the irony? They call him haShem "the Ineffable Name", they deny Yeshua is the Christ and YHWH but the prophets told them that is exactly who he is. They believe in his prehuman incarnation as Hayah but they can't seem to swallow who he came here as the Savior, except the messianic jews.

Perhaps the Jews were expecting a political, worldly leader? All He had to do was accept Satan's offer in the desert and the Pharisees probably would have followed him. Instead he chose to bless the rest of the world through Israel, fulfilling the promise he gave to Abraham.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21

Originally posted by windword

However you view it, Jesus fits the bill for "Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail" perfectly. He was a carpenter on Earth, and then nailed our sin to a crucifix and became a carpenter of the soul. The fact that the name was given thousands of years before his birth, I believe, makes divine intervention more plausible.

It's a far stretch to attribute this name to Jesus simply because he was supposedly nailed to a tree. Hundreds if not thousand of dissidents were crucified. Jesus, according to scripture, was the son of Joseph by proxy, a carpenter. What did Jesus build? Is "carpenter" code for Mason/Freemanson?
Was Jesus a Freemason?

The hand and the nail are within the name of the Hebrew god, because he supposedly is the builder/architect of this world. YHVH, is the builder of houses. You know, "In my FATHER'S house are many mansions". God, not Jesus, is the builder.

EDIT: In my studies, the way I understand the YHVH, it is the principle of the spirit of "GOD" penetrating matter and occupying the feminine principle of matter, giving life, to the lifeless. Of course this is just a principle to facilitate an understanding. This character claiming to be god in the OT is not the creator, but a miserable impostor, claiming the unspeakable name of GOD, and is responsible for many woes.
edit on 4-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join