It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very basic free energy concept: have not seen this tried

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...=346s

Eh? Eh? I mean they're all pretty suspicious but still it's kinda cool too.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

This has been done and tried,it is the stonehenge principle.There is a working example on Youtube somewhere.Other's refer to it as Uriel's machine.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Your major enemy is friction, plain and simple.

The hub, or bearing, in the middle of the design will reduce the energy output and eventually cause the device to freeze due to bearing failure.

Any rotating "free energy" device suffers from this design flaw. Alas.

A few million revolutions, and it is down for rebuild. Simply not feasible. It's like building a car that only goes for 1000 miles, then needs fixed.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Please notice that cars, car engines have got bearings and friction surfaces too. Still they can go for 1000 miles easily.

The reason that this kind of "free energy" devices can not be used to do work is, that there seems to be no way to get more energy out than in. Call it friction, entropy or convergence towards equilibrium. Even such strange things as black holes and vacuum fluctuations seem to obey this constraint.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
reply to post by VoidHawk

How so? If the push from the outer magnets is stronger, and spaced close enough that there's a constant push on the arm where would the energy loss be? I'm thinking in terms of circle magnetic excellerator without the extra ball bearings. You could very well be right, but I'm just not seeing it.

In order to overcome the force of the magnet the arm approaches will require x energy. The amount of force generated by the push of the magnet on the arm is x energy. The two forces cancel out. If you could remove all friction the arm would spin continuously, but would be unable to do any "work". As it is friction will make the arm stop spinning altogether. No "work" can ever be achieved even in ideal circumstances which do not exist in nature.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

How so? If the push from the outer magnets is stronger, and spaced close enough that there's a constant push on the arm where would the energy loss be? I'm thinking in terms of circle magnetic excellerator without the extra ball bearings. You could very well be right, but I'm just not seeing it.

In order to overcome the force of the magnet the arm approaches will require x energy. The amount of force generated by the push of the magnet on the arm is x energy. The two forces cancel out. If you could remove all friction the arm would spin continuously, but would be unable to do any "work". As it is friction will make the arm stop spinning altogether. No "work" can ever be achieved even in ideal circumstances which do not exist in nature.

Thats what I was trying to say but you did a better job of it

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Thank you! I think that one concept is what people who buy into this magnet based free energy wheels lack. I actually have toyed with an idea that would overcome this, but I imagine the energy output required would be equal to or greater than the extra energy gained. Id say what I was thinking, but I dont want to start a new wave of this crap.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Thank you! I think that one concept is what people who buy into this magnet based free energy wheels lack. I actually have toyed with an idea that would overcome this, but I imagine the energy output required would be equal to or greater than the extra energy gained. Id say what I was thinking, but I dont want to start a new wave of this crap.

pssst! Shielding?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Using a system of powered magnets where the magnetic force would be turned off on magnets the arm was approaching and turned on to swing the arm away. I imagine it would take equal energy to power the magnet though as you would get from pushing the arm. Like I said it is a thought experiment, I imagine in reality the power gained would equal the power used.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join