It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very basic free energy concept: have not seen this tried

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hello all,

As I'm sure you all know, we get hundreds of free energy posts on here (one on the front page now). This is an idea that has rattled around in my mind for a while now, but time constraints have kept me from testing it so I'm throwing it out to all of you. Now, my concept is extremely basic, however through all the searching I've done it does not look like its been tried. Below is a rough pic of the concept:

Magnets are arranged in a clockface style. An additional magnet with a polarity resistant to the outer magnets is attached to an arm running to the center. At the center, the arm is attached to an alternator. Additional arms may be used to increase the push from the outter magnets. The image uses round magnets, but additional thinking made me believe rectangles at slight angles may be better for the outter perimiter. They must be angled just right for the arm to still clear, but still provide push as it goes past.

In theory, the push from the outer magnets will continue to move the arm in a constant direction once started, generating electricity at the alternator.

The positives are no outside energy source is needed.

The negatives are I have yet been able to test this to see if the push from the magnets is strong enough to move the arm and turn the alternator. Hence the suggestion that additional arms may be needed.

Input or thoughts?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You will always find the force needed to push the magnet to the point where it will be repelled is equal to the force gained. Hence, no free energy.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

I have seen a lot of theorys, this one really sounds like it could work! I would most likely try using neodymium magnets my friend! Don't give up on your theory or thoughts until you try them out!
You just might be onto something!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

How so? If the push from the outer magnets is stronger, and spaced close enough that there's a constant push on the arm where would the energy loss be? I'm thinking in terms of circle magnetic excellerator without the extra ball bearings. You could very well be right, but I'm just not seeing it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Thanks for the support! Costs would be minimal, its the time I don't have at the moment.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Imagine the central magnet approaching one of the outer magnets. As it approaches there is a force repelling it. You have to push it past that point before it will be pushed by the magnet in the direction you require, but then you arrive at the next magnet and you've got to force it past again.

Many have tried this, including myself, it doesnt work.

Personaly I belive it can be done with magnets but a secrect ingredient is needed, I know what it is, I just dont know how to implement it.

By the way, your diagram is identical to a dc motor, if your theory were to work then a dc motor would run without power, but we know it doesnt.
edit on 1-7-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
Hello all,

As I'm sure you all know, we get hundreds of free energy posts on here (one on the front page now). This is an idea that has rattled around in my mind for a while now, but time constraints have kept me from testing it so I'm throwing it out to all of you. Now, my concept is extremely basic, however through all the searching I've done it does not look like its been tried. Below is a rough pic of the concept:

Magnets are arranged in a clockface style. An additional magnet with a polarity resistant to the outer magnets is attached to an arm running to the center. At the center, the arm is attached to an alternator. Additional arms may be used to increase the push from the outter magnets. The image uses round magnets, but additional thinking made me believe rectangles at slight angles may be better for the outter perimiter. They must be angled just right for the arm to still clear, but still provide push as it goes past.

In theory, the push from the outer magnets will continue to move the arm in a constant direction once started, generating electricity at the alternator.

The negatives are I have yet been able to test this to see if the push from the magnets is strong enough to move the arm and turn the alternator. Hence the suggestion that additional arms may be needed.

Input or thoughts?

Sorry to tell you, but the magnets will eventually lose their strength, and ultimately would need to be re-magnetized, which, requires energy.

Sorry, no free energy ....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Why dont small dc motors lose their magnetism?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by phantomjack

Why dont small dc motors lose their magnetism?

Because they are being magnetized by the direct current of electricity....the electricity being used to magnetize the motor is not free....

Its a catch 22.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

read through this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and there is a design there that is more efficient...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I do see that happening with the round magnets on the outside, but if you use a rectangular magnet for the outter ring at a slight angle it should continue I would think. The top and bottom edges would push the arm, and the left and right edge would attract the arm. In counter clockwise motion, the arm would approach the left edge and be attracted just until it passes the bottom corner, then the bottom pushes the arm away. The reason I say they need to be at a slight angle is so the right end of the outer rectangular magnets is far enough away from the arm to let it clear without pulling it back. So the engergy would be pushing/pulling in a constant clockwise motion.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Hello all,

Input or thoughts?

Sorry to tell you, but the magnets will eventually lose their strength, and ultimately would need to be re-magnetized, which, requires energy.

Sorry, no free energy ....

Yes, but in the years it takes for them to do so the amount of energy you gain would be far more.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's good to see people working on stuff.... I just wish they'd pick more feasible projects. Permanent magnet motors have been tried literally tens of thousands of times in quite possibly millions of configurations. So far we've not seen any that reliably generate power and are reproducible. (To my mind if it can't be replicated it's basically useless)

There are literally thousands of areas where our current technological society hemorrhages energy that could be improved upon. Hell if we just built our houses in different shapes we could save 10 to 30% on our heating and cooling bills. Your car spits out better than half of the energy in the burning fuel from it's tailpipe. There are literally tens of thousands of areas where we could harvest energy to make our current technologies more efficient if we put our minds to it.

I think this is where we should be focusing the lion's share of our energy. While I love the premise behind a permanent magnet motor, I'm just not sure we'll see a working one anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hi, I used to think about this sort of idea when I was at school, many years ago, and coulkd never see why not.
But I think that, unless you can switch those magnets on and off, the arm connected to the alternator, will stop between the each pair of outer magnets, as the forces balance out. Sort of like cogging in an electric motor, and would need a push to be attracted/repelled by the next magnet.
A flywheel might help to overcome this, in theory.
Give it a whirl and see what happens, all discoveries have to start somewhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hmmm.. sounds interesting! I'm fascinated by this stuff but alas, don't have an engineer's mind. Your idea made me think of this Edward Leedskalnin's magnetic wheel.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I do see that happening with the round magnets on the outside, but if you use a rectangular magnet for the outter ring at a slight angle it should continue I would think. The top and bottom edges would push the arm, and the left and right edge would attract the arm. In counter clockwise motion, the arm would approach the left edge and be attracted just until it passes the bottom corner, then the bottom pushes the arm away. The reason I say they need to be at a slight angle is so the right end of the outer rectangular magnets is far enough away from the arm to let it clear without pulling it back. So the engergy would be pushing/pulling in a constant clockwise motion.

Yep, same thoughts as I used to have. Hold a magnet in each hand, try moving them past each other, first you'll notice it pushing back, then as it passes the central position tou'll feel the effect your after. Now do as you suggest and turn one of the magnets slightly to the side. You'll dicover that the effect is the same as before but slightly weaker in both directions.

Have you actualy built anything? If so message me and I'll give you a hint as to how to achieve what your after.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

As far as I am aware, the most easily accessed free energy source is using lightweight metal to create a structure that utilizes magnetics to achieve perpetual motion, turning a drive shaft and generating power. An electromagnet would work wonderfully.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

As far as I am aware, the most easily accessed free energy source is using lightweight metal to create a structure that utilizes magnetics to achieve perpetual motion, turning a drive shaft and generating power. An electromagnet would work wonderfully.

An ELECTROMAGNET requires electricity.

Do you not understand the concept of "Free Energy?"

In order to create free energy, the method by which the energy is created is derived from a source that DOES NOT require energy of any type to function.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's not likely to work. If you imagine a magnet "bubble" around each magnet on the plate, you will see there is a trough between them where the fields meet. These troughs are where the magnet on the arm will tend to settle.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
not exactly the same, but nothing ever is is it........

Free Energy Wheels

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join