It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MyATS Favorite Forums Order and Subscribed Threads list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I keep track of about a dozen forums in my favorites list. I accidentally deleted on the other day and had to add it back. I don't have the highest speed internet and it seemed to take forever to get the re-added thread back up to the higher position it was in.

Is there a was to design that aspect of the site that ranking can be done from a single page by placing an order order of precedent instead of having to move each board up a single position and one-by-one?

Also, I think that the nature of the My Subscribed Threads list would better be suited to a tab along side the others on the Recent Posts page, give three tabs: Conspiracy Discussions, Off-Topic Discussions and Subscribed Threads.

Do these seem better to anyone else?
edit on 1-7-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Try deleting the first forum in your favorite list. I did once (by accident) and it ate away all but a few of my favorites, much to my horror. I had 19 at the time.

Of course, the simple solution was to just add them back in in the "proper" order. I never had a problem other than my own carelessness.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I think that same think happened to me a few years back. That was the first time I realized I didn't like the re-ordering process for the favorite forums. At some point after that I wanted to follow some forums more than others and wanted to re-prioritize, and was once again reminded of the problem. After this latest occurrence I decided to make a post. about it.

I can't say I expect anything to come of it, but it helps to vent about it

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The forums you add to your favorites have arrows that allow you to adjust their positions in your list. The green arrow will move that forum up in your list and the blue arrow will move that forum down on your list.

Individual threads that you have subscribed to adjust themselves automatically according to the most recent comment. After a certain amount of time, if no one comments in it, a thread will automatically remove itself from your subscribed list.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I know about the arrows. That is what I am complaining about. I currently favorited 23 forums. If I want to move the bottom two up to the top two positions, I have to click and load the page 45 times. With a slower connection, that takes ages. And that is not anything else, just two. It can take an hour or more if I wanted to do the whole list.

new topics

top topics

join