It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Team: Obamacare Still Not A Tax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Apparently it hasn't sunk in yet with the Obama team.

Some of them are still not convinced "it's a tax"

Now we have another Obama "spokesman" insisting.

And he is Jack Lew, the White House Chief of Staff of all people.

Did he not hear read the Supreme Court ruling ?

from Breitbart -- by Ben Shapiro 1 Jul 2012

The only legal peg on which Chief Justice Roberts was able to hang his hat in ruling Obamacare constitutional was a broad reading of the Taxing Clause. In order to do so, he had to deliberately misread the Obamacare law; had he not done so, the law would have been struck down as a violation of the Commerce Clause.

Nonetheless, the Obama administration insists that Obamacare isn’t a tax.

The latest Obama spokesperson to deny Roberts’ logic and essentially admit that Obamacare is unconstitutional is Jack Lew, the White House Chief of Staff. This morning, he appeared on CNN to explain:

First of all, the law is clear, it’s called a penalty. Second of all, what the Supreme Court ruled is that the law is constitutional. Actually, they didn’t call it a tax. They said it was using the power under the constitution that permits it. It was not labeled.

It's Still Not A Tax

Was he stomping his foot and pounding his fists as he said this ?

Why didn't CNN "correct" Mr Lew ?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A Damn Liar !

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I just wish one, just one lib would defend this. I've posted it countless times and have been ignored.

Did SCOTUS pass ACA as constitutional?
Yes.

But ONLY, if it is regarded as a tax.

Forget all the other valid reasons as to why the ACA is wrong.

Someone, anyone, defend the above statement!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If it is not a tax Lew ,Obama care is unconstitutional since it was not constitutional under the commerce clause but only "legal" as a tax.

Fine let's have it team OBama's way Obama care is not a tax thus unconstitutional.
edit on 1-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

well yeah. If we don't comply we have to pay a penalty.
The only way the law would fall under the Constitution would be for it to be considered a tax.
This isn't new though.
I don't understand what you're getting at. You just want to hear Obama say "yes, America. The penalty for not abiding by the mandate is a tax." ?
That's not going to happen. What kind of politician would do that in an election year?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by beezzer

Why is it, that when ever anyone says this, I feel like we're dealing with the borg?

The only way the law would fall under the Constitution would be for it to be considered a tax.
This isn't new though.

True.

I don't understand what you're getting at. You just want to hear Obama say "yes, America. The penalty for not abiding by the mandate is a tax." ?

I'd like him to fess up to his lies. Yes.

That's not going to happen. What kind of politician would do that in an election year?

An honest one.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
A tax, penalty, servitude, tribute, shakedown, extortion, cohesion, fee or call it whatever you want, the actions and result are still the same. This legalise is more designed to confuse you and find some comfort in a convoluted argument than actually do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It is time for a nationwide tax strike. Everybody should stop paying income taxes altogether. If you find yourself unable to do that, raise your withholding to 10 or more. We are no longer represented in congress. Only the corporations and the very rich are represented. No taxation without representation.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Actually what they said was that the Government could not force us to buy a product, so they could not "Fine" us for not have insurance. But that they could tax us for not having insurance since that's a tax (a really crappy loophole that shouldn't stand because it's the same thing)

So technically by still saying it's a fine, the Obama administration is admitting to violating a law and performing an unconstitutional act. There is only one thing they may legally call it: A tax.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Let's just call a "spade a shade"...this is a TAX...and "penalities" will be leved against people that can't or don't pay it...plain and simple. I am sick to death of these ridiculous "symantics" being used to thwart the Constitution.

For those that may say that is "helping" people, remember this, under Obama-care decisions about your healthcare will no longer be made by only you and your doctor, but infact a panel of 8 people will decide wether you or your loved ones are "worth" the cost of tests and surgeries, and if your ederly or chronically ill you are in TROUBLE !

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

This isn't new though.

An honest one?????? One more reason for term limits IMO!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OMG! A politician lying through his teeth in an election year! The Supreme Court ruling in favor of big business, even as they twist the original bill to fit through some insane loophole in order to make it fly!

Who'da thunk it??

I don't expect the POTUS, the SCOTUS, or their idiotic, jibbering mouthpieces to actually give us the straight story and tell us the fricking truth for once.

Now I know why Justice Roberts is on his way to the Island of Malta to hide until the end of October. He is bought-and-paid-for puppet who found a way to make this "constitutional", now he can run away so as not to face the wrath of the majority of Americans who are stunned by this insanity.

I don't expect the truth, or actual logic, from anybody in that festering, fetid cesspool known as Washington D.C. Only a brain-dead zombie accepts these lies and celebrates them as "good for all Americans".

Excuse me while I go throw up.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
It is time for a nationwide tax strike. Everybody should stop paying income taxes altogether. If you find yourself unable to do that, raise your withholding to 10 or more. We are no longer represented in congress. Only the corporations and the very rich are represented. No taxation without representation.

Are you willing to face the IRS? The Problem is the 90+ percent that are willing to pay up so long as they can keep drinking the wine. I have not paid my taxes in 4 years and counting. I have not done anything... I risk a lot to do this and I know it wont do any good unless we all did. They do not call the ones who dont pay there taxes Patriots. I say only a true patriot would deny the runaway government there dues.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There are no honest politicians though. It's not limited to Obama.
I'm sure in some twisted way the penalty really isn;t a tax in his mind because it doesn't apply to most Americans the way income taxes do.

If you're really angry that he won't refer to it as a tax, then how do you stomach any politicians or any politics?

Obama being reluctant to admit "tax" is rather puny when compared to some of the other outright lies we've been told over the last 30 years.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Again. Who? Who's the honest politician that is going to help fix our problems from within?

He doesn't exist, and if he does he sure isn't going to get anywhere near the White House. Least not later this year.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

DM, I could not agree more, I changed my exemptions to 10 the day after Obamacare was passed.

Everyone should read up on taxes, write-offs & credits, I have been getting all of my Federal back for years. With some studying & calls to a good accountant everyone should be able to find some write offs. Check and see what you can write off for your job, start a side business just for write-offs/credits.

I'm waiting to see how this new tax will be implemented so I can see how to get a credit on that also. Trust me, their will be a way around this for all the politicians buddies/businesses, we just have to do some digging!

Beat them at their own game!
edit on 7/1/2012 by Sostratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

What I found bizarre, is the Obama admin argued it's legal under the commerce clause, yet the Supreme Court said no....so they called it a tax....to implement it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

What I found bizarre, is the Obama admin argued it's legal under the commerce clause, yet the Supreme Court said no....so they called it a tax....to implement it.

Strange isn't it ?

Many theories are "explaining" this miracle as something that was too far along to simply stop in its tracks.

You can imagine the absolute turmoil it would have caused.

What Roberts is telling us "in between the lines" is to go back to Congress and amend the whole thing.

The end goal here might be to default everything to Medicare with no age restrictions.
(I wonder how much more that would add to existing payroll tax deductions?)

The industrial/medical complex (insurance / administration / provision) will keep the profits as contractors.

Medicare is under contractor control already with no yelling from the industry.

google "medicare contractors" and you will see details.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Instead of lying about this, if Obama had any brains at all he would embrace the tax aspect of it, ignore his previous lies, or flat out admit he lied about it and then began waxing eloquently about the patriotic duty to pay taxes. His popularity is with those who adore the wealth redistribution program we call "income tax" so he may as well own that proudly and preach the virtues of paying "income tax" and paying any penalties that come with being a "citizen".

Not the "citizens" alone are "taxpayers", but hey, who even knows that or cares? All people really care about are pretty speeches and empty promises of hope.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

This ceases to seem bizarre the second you realize that Obama, Romney, Boehner, Cantor, Pelosi and the SC are all paid for. They don't represent our interests first. They represent what is best for the big players.
Anyone who honestly believes that a republican is going to swoop in and save the day by repealling the ACA is not only deluding themselves, but they're wasting time arguing about it.
If the republicans manage to get the White House and Obama is long gone.........why on Earth would they repeal a mandate that they have been clamoring for for almost 20 years? That doesn't make sense. They'll use the ploy of getting rid of Obamacare to get elected, but when the time comes they will have something bigger to conveniently subdue our attention away. Like another war. That'll help the deficit too.

edit on 2-7-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join