It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 2nd attempt at stop-motion animation in 24 hours...this time, success!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If you saw my previous member art post with a link to my stop-motion animation..forget everything you saw! I kept getting the reply "pretty good for your first try." When I hear that, I take it as an opportunity to "do it better." So I did!

It's twice as long and twice as good. In fact, I had to delete my original youtube link because I was becoming embarrassed of it.

(on that note, mods, please do not delete this thread..if anything, give the axe to my "first attempt" thread because this one is the real deal and the link to my first thread doesn't work anymore)

Synopsis: This is a tribute to early 90's pop-culture video gaming icon Sonic The Hedgehog (wow, what a title for a cartoon character to have haha).

www.youtube.com...

Thanks for watching! Hope you enjoy.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's a little rough,
but overall it was alright.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I'm glad you didn't see the first one! Yes, it is rough and flawlessness was not my goal. It was a spur-of-the-moment idea and I wanted to see the completed product.

I'm happy with it though and now I can put my toys back in their boxes

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well done. your dedication to the project is commendable. You should study the link for the next time that you want to go at this.

12 principals of animation

Although the list could use a thirteenth: "Have a good time while you work."

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Thanks for the tips on animation. Actually now that I recall, my first "dream" job was to be a comic book artist. I never really learned to draw though
I just enjoyed the writing portion the most and fell into creative writing instead of visual arts.

Thanks for the link but I've been at this project a solid 10+ hours without rest or a snack. I think I deserve one or the other right now haha.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That was awesome.

Good job.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

You should shorten the run time of each pic, so each "movement" is quicker. That makes it look more like it's actually moving, and less like a slideshow. Just a tip.

Other than that, amazing work. I'm a fan of making miniature movies myself (Paint and Movie Maker, ahem) so I can appreciate the level of hard work and dedication that goes into these things. Keep it up!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yeah, I considered quicker cuts between photos. But I'm not dedicated enough to take that many photos just for fluid motion. I found that cutting about every 1/3 second worked for me.

Bear in mind this was a one-day project. Only about 10 minutes of planning and forethought went into this!

I was also getting tired and lazy toward the end. Thanks for the input..it is much appreciated!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Hahaha that was great.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks for embedding. I've been meaning to learn how to do that, but I rarely post videos on my threads. Glad you liked it. Thanks for watching!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I used to love genesis lol. Fun times.

To embed:
/watch?v=J0HI9TpWPHM&featured
J0HI9TpWPHM goes into the box. Drop off everything before and up to the = then drop everything after and including the & Does that make sense?

edit on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 22:42:23 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That simple huh? Thanks for watching and teaching me a new trick even if I never use it. Much appreciated
Second line?

new topics

top topics

join