It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before you Impeach Obama......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So, the individual mandate in Obamacare (passed by congress) is probably unconstitutional. Fine, but before you start impeachement proceedings against Obama there's one thing you must do first...

Prosecute Bush and Cheney for violating the first, second, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th and 12th ammendments of the constitution.

Plus his supreme court picks for constantly violating the constitution (including the mandate you're pissed about), and the dozens of laws the Bush admin blatantly violated.

Then there's treason for covering up Saudi Arabia's role (even if indirect) in financing and possibly executing 9-11.

After you finish with all that, then you can start attacking Obama. That is if you actually care about the constitution, which is highly unlikely since most of you applauded Bush for destroying it...

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

So, the individual mandate in Obamacare (passed by congress) is probably unconstitutional. Fine, but before you start impeachement proceedings against Obama there's one thing you must do first...

Prosecute Bush and Cheney for violating the first, second, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th and 12th ammendments of the constitution

So basically you’re saying, “Yes Obama violated the constitution but Bush did it first so it’s OK”.

That sums up Obama’s entire re-election strategy in a nutshell (Blame Bush)!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Nope...don't have to do any of that crap. That was then, this is now. They should have taken care of retribution back then.

Obama doesn't get a free pass because of the past. So is the way of politics....

Des

edit on 1-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How can you impeach Bush?

He's already out...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So this is just another liberal bashing conservatives thread.

Nothing to see here.

move along citizen, move along.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Yes !!

While were at it, lets blame William Henry Harrison ,President of the United States,who died 1 month into his term ! If he would have served his full 4 years, we wouldn't be in this mess !

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Both the 110th and 111th Congresses had enough Democrat control of all committees to impeach.

Why didn't impeachment of Bush come up in 2007 or 2008 ??

They must have been "Donkey-Konged"

Nancy Pelosi hated Bush and said so several times as Speaker of the House.

What happened ?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"It's already messed up by those other guys...so stop trying to tell the guy in charge."

EPIC FAIL

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

“Yes Obama violated the constitution but Bush did it first so it’s OK”

The point is that everyone attacking Obama for 3 years because they supposedly love the constitution so much are lying pieces of garbage.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The legal system is based on precedents to help guide the decision making process. So with the 9/11 cover up accepted as a rule of law, the government can do what ever the dame hell it wants. For those that own the printing presses control the distribution of wealth, and this literally means war, war over seas, war on the middle class, war on the legal system,... While those writing these unaccountable, unconstitutional and immoral laws may not have any public support, that does not matter as they have the force and ability to implement them.

The general US population has shown that it does not care that its own government will kill them, slash social infrastructure and bankrupt the nation for the ones in power own self interest. The precedent has been set, this is the law.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

“Yes Obama violated the constitution but Bush did it first so it’s OK”

The point is that everyone attacking Obama for 3 years because they supposedly love the constitution so much are lying pieces of garbage.

I wanted Clinton impeached, for what he did . Slick Willy lied . I didn't like his polices involving Communist China. He started the ball rolling with outsourcing American Jobs . Did we give ANY Communist Nation,in the middle of the Cold War, Most favored Nation Status ? I was angry at Bush also. Patriot Act was one of the biggest ! We need to send a Message to Congress and the President, ENOUGH ! Vote all of them out !

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

So because you claim I’m a hypocrite now I cannot complain about what Obama is doing?

How do you know my stand on what Bush did? Bush’s Patriot Act (which Obama signed too) was a misguided piece of excrement IMO.

They’re both guilty but I refuse to buy into your logic that the country must be quiet while Obama further rapes the American people and trashes the constitution just because the dems didn’t impeach Bush.

Your lack of logic is stunning!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

We need to send a Message to Congress and the President, ENOUGH ! Vote all of them out !

This is not a realistic option, there is no vote 'no one' on the ballot box. As long a just one person votes, which will happen someone will take that seat.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by sonnny1

We need to send a Message to Congress and the President, ENOUGH ! Vote all of them out !

This is not a realistic option, there is no vote 'no one' on the ballot box. As long a just one person votes, which will happen someone will take that seat.

Sure it can. Vote Independent .

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The congressional vote is most important in this case.

Congress holds the purse strings; they can defund it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

With the two party system and media consolation, independents are at a big disadvantage. A few might be able to get through, but without a big budget and high profile their impact is rather limited. It would inject more wisdom into congress having more independent review, but there are big hurdles in achieving it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The congressional vote is most important in this case. Congress holds the purse strings; they can defund it.

Congress does decide in how some of the government funds are spent, but the Federal Reserve holds the purse string. This is where the real power is.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Impeach Obama?

Ummmmm sureeeeee....

He has done nothing wrong, outside of the big governments view.

However i know what your intent was with this thread.

Allow me to make a prediction.....

AFTER Obama ALL problems addressed by the incomeing POTUS will be blamedon OBAMA. To include the ones made up. You know what, the next 4 POTUS's will blame all issues on the OBAMA administration.

Funny? Not so much. I have yet to hear anyone say one single problem in america being experianced rightnow under Obama came as a result of Bush's doing. Yet not everybody liked Bush, that much is known.

Ehhhhhh..... Whats going on here?

Obama will get a second term. Like it or hate it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I have yet to hear anyone say one single problem in america being experianced rightnow under Obama came as a result of Bush's doing

How about the bad economy and rampant corporate criminality are largely Bush's fault?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

I have yet to hear anyone say one single problem in america being experianced rightnow under Obama came as a result of Bush's doing

How about the bad economy and rampant corporate criminality are largely Bush's fault?

Nope.

The economy didnt get bad until Obama came into office.

And everybody knows corporations didnt become corrupt until Obama came into office.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join