It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by macman
reply to post by ClintK
It grows both, but Govt grows to control the citizen, to force them to give money to the insurance company.
THEFT, any way 0bama wants to spin it.
Originally posted by Anonymous404
reply to post by Sparky63
It's weird you'd rather have elected officials rather than doctors talking about, y'know, healthcare.
I'd totally rather have healthcare professionals making healthcare rules. They went to school for it.
Originally posted by marg6043
Obama care can be summarized like this
After been sold as a attractive package for those that can not afford health care the realities of the monstrosity are very clear.
1- A costly new tax on the middle class (somebody have to pay for those that can not pay)
2- Government monopoly for Big Pharma (that is why they wrote the Obamacare bill and manipulated legislation behind close doors)
3- How Obamacare will lead to mandatory vaccinations for everyone (after the Supreme court just handle the rights for the government to tell citizens what is best for them or get penalized with more taxes)
Obamacare the monstrosity you can bet on, Yes we can.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff
Medicare doesn't work as it is let alone if you dump millions more on it all at once. A NEW system is needed. We are making strides toward that now.
Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
Here are the facts:
1. The government has mandated that it is unfair to charge an elderly person more than a young person so they have decided that premiums need to be averaged among all Americans. PROBLEM: This will reduce the cost of health care for the elderly but significantly raise it for everyone under 40.
2. You cannot be denied coverage for any reason but you are only taxed $695 per year if you don't buy health insurance. PROBLEM: It will be much cheaper to pay the $695 "tax" than to pay for health insurance and if you do get sick or need coverage quickly, you can't be denied so really what's the risk?
3. The Federal government is going to subsidize everyone's health insurance who is within 400% of the poverty level. PROBLEM: With them covering millions of people in this category, how is it going to be paid for?
4. The Federal government has already cut Medicare and Medicaid payments to doctors. Under Obamacare, they will slash payments further. PROBLEM: Thousands of doctors will retire and it's already a fact that a record low number of pre-med students are currently studying to be doctors.
5. Obamacare adds additional taxes on Capital Gains which means anyone who has capital gains will pay a "surcharge" for Obamacare. PROBLEM: This will stifle investment in our country, make it less desirable to invest in stocks, mutual funds and government bonds.
6. Obamacare takes away the incentive of corporations to cover their employees health insurance by creating state exchanges and encouraging people to go on these exchanges. PROBLEM: Corporations already pay 100's of billions a year toward their employees health insurance as a "benefit". This will slowly go away resulting in premiums for every American sky rocketing. Family coverage at my company is $1300 a month of which our company pays $700, that will be absorbed by the employee when our company stops providing this benefit.
There is no way the Federal government can make this program work. They have done nothing to address mal-practice insurance, tort reform, fraud or abuse in our system and it's a proven fact that the Federal government cannot run anything as efficiently as the private sector. POST OFFICE, AMTRACK, MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SOCIAL SECURITY, TSA and the list goes on.