It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare amounts to slavery...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I came upon an interesting thought while discussing Obamacare in another forum I frequent where people were trying to claim that healthcare is a right...

I don't understand how ANYONE can claim that a service provided by another is a right... That would infer that you have the right to force someone to work for you. That is THE definition of slavery.

Anyone who advocates that healthcare is a right, advocates for slavery.

The hypocratic oath does not infer forced servitude. It is a man's personal honor to keep their word. The Doctor still must have the choice whether to do so or not. Non action on the part of the doctor does NOT amount to murder.

Jaden
edit on 1-7-2012 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
In order for all of us to afford Healthcare we need to solved the present Financial collapse

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Hokum. Sounds like somebody has been listening to Rand Paul too much.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

I have NEVER listened to Rand Paul. It is not hokum. I would love to see you try to analyze what I stated logically and then try to prove even one of the premises false...

Jaden

+48 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Topics like this make people here in the UK laugh. There's nothing wrong with helping people America!

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If one can quit a job without repercussions other than loss of wages, then it isn't slavery. If one can choose an occupation voluntarily without threats if they do not choose such occupation, it isn't slavery.

Now if doctors were dragged out of their homes, forced to attend medical school and forced to treat people with the threat of violence and even death if they refuse, then it is slavery.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraph Sephiroth
Topics like this make people here in the UK laugh. There's nothing wrong with helping people America!

You're absolutely right, there is nothing wrong with helping people, when it is a CHOICE...

When you are forced to at the point of a gun, it is no longer helping people... it is forced servitude.

And it IS at the point of a gun. Anything that a government forces you to do is at the point of a gun.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
If one can quit a job without repercussions other than loss of wages, then it isn't slavery. If one can choose an occupation voluntarily without threats if they do not choose such occupation, it isn't slavery.

Now if doctors were dragged out of their homes, forced to attend medical school and forced to treat people with the threat of violence and even death if they refuse, then it is slavery.

Really??? Are you going to grandfather all existing doctors out of it and only force the doctors that choose the occupation with full awareness of the forced servitude to do so??? Or are you going to reimburse all of the doctors for the medical school they paid for out of pocket if they choose to change careers????

You cannot have a right to someone else's services without it being forced servitude. It IS NOT a RIGHT...

Jaden...

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Seraph Sephiroth

Charity at the point of a gun is not true charity. Theft is theft, regardless of what nomenclature people try to hide it under.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This bill has absolutely nothing to do with any citizens' rights at all...it has to do with the ins co's rights to bilke even more poor slobs out of their incomes or the poor working slobs will end up paying a government fine either way it will end up in pharmecuetical co's pockets and politicians hands...in that way, yes it is slavery, and it also makes me have to pay for the ghetto trash on welfare to get their health bennies...enforced slavery all the way around and a travesty, but not for the reason you think.
edit on 1-7-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 1-7-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarification

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Slavery is forced servitude, nobody is forced to be a doctor or nurse, EMT or paramedic nor are they forced to remain one and can retire or change careers at any time. Nobody is coerced into rendering healthcare, they are all doing it of their own free will, thus they are not slaves.

Your logic is highly, HIGHLY flawed.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I don't understand how ANYONE can claim that a service provided by another is a right... That would infer that you have the right to force someone to work for you. That is THE definition of slavery.

The hypocratic oath does not infer forced servitude. It is a man's personal honor to keep their word. The Doctor still must have the choice whether to do so or not. Non action on the part of the doctor does NOT amount to murder.

What the hell are you on about? What is wrong with you?

The whole point of healthcare should be that it is not a commodity dished out to those who can afford it. Anyone going in to healthcares primary aim should be a duty of care, any financial incentives should be secondary to this.

It the US instituted some kind of universal healthcare there would still exist a private healthcare industry where many could continue to work. Those who chose the public sphere would still be rewarded financially.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So taxation is theft?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Slavery is forced servitude, nobody is forced to be a doctor or nurse, EMT or paramedic nor are they forced to remain one and can retire or change careers at any time. Nobody is coerced into rendering healthcare, they are all doing it of their own free will, thus they are not slaves.

Your logic is highly, HIGHLY flawed.

No it is not... Break it down into premises and try to prove any of the premises false.. You can't.. It is perfectly valid...

They absolutely ARE coerced into rendering health care. Any doctor who renders medicare or medicaid is coerced into providing a service for a forced at the point of a gun price.

The point is not whether they actually are or not. The point is that if the argument is made that healthcare is a RIGHT, then it is forced servitude. Because you are arguing that someone has the right to force another to provide them a service.

Healthcare CANNOT be a RIGHT without forced servitude.

So the question is does OBamacare infer that Healthcare is a right? If it does, then it amounts to slavery. If it doesn't then why are people advocating for the population to be forced into providing it as though it is???

Jaden

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So taxation is theft?

Forced taxation IS theft...

to believe otherwise is falling for the lies...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think the OP could have worded this more in line to a form of soft slavery or free range slavery. It's not chains and whips that most people have been programmed to visualize slavery as. This is much more subtle and it starts at an early age with programming from govt schools and media projections. We are told america is so great and free yet is the most corrupt and broken system of govt out there. If the education is not enough, spike the kool aid with fluoride and get people on pharmaceuticals. Try not paying your taxes and then tell me you are not living under a form of slavery.
edit on 1-7-2012 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What amounts to forced taxation?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

What the hell are you on about? What is wrong with you?

The whole point of healthcare should be that it is not a commodity dished out to those who can afford it. Anyone going in to healthcares primary aim should be a duty of care, any financial incentives should be secondary to this.

It the US instituted some kind of universal healthcare there would still exist a private healthcare industry where many could continue to work. Those who chose the public sphere would still be rewarded financially.

What is wrong with ME???? WHat is wrong with YOU??? I'm not the one that thinks I am justified to force other people to SAVE ME!!!!

No, you do NOT have a right to healthcare...

You have the right to die...

You have the right to attempt to survive. You do NOT have the right to FORCE someone else to take care of you.

If they are willing to do so fine...If not, then either find a way to take care of yourself or don't that id your choice.

You do NOT have a right to force others to take care of you though, so healthcare is NOT a right.

Jaden
edit on 1-7-2012 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

As a descendant of Indigenous American peoples, American Slave MASTERS and American Slaves , I find your casual use of that term highly offensive.

And flawed.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I heard of this woman that died of lung cancer but did not smoke cigarettes.

I assume breathing in automobile exhaust and other pollutants of the air is the culprit.

Her treatment wiped out her savings and she still died, leaving her children nothing.

That being said...if exhaust from all of the planes, trains and automobiles are shown to be the cause of cancer, is it not fair to say that everyone who owns and/or benefits from these devices owe the people that die from their use?

Either way...my point is that our collective actions contribute both negatively and positively to the quality of life of everyone else, picking up the tab for healthcare for all seems to be a preferable option.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join