It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Society in Birmingham, Alabama (USA)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Does anyone have any info. on the Five Points area in Birmingham, Alabama (USA)? Five Points is where five streets intersect. At this intersection there is a statue of a goat standing on its back legs holding an open book. If you climb to the top of the statue, you will see a pentagram engraved in the book. From the air (i.e., an airplane) at night, the lit street lights on these five roads form a large pentagram across the city.

It is rumored that Birmingham, Alabama is a hotbed for Wiccan and other occult-related activities. However, is it possible that this "attraction" has been prepared for the NWO by the Illuminati, etc.? Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
ive never noticed this statue.. ill ask my friend about it hehe =). from what i have noticed on my trips to bham, there is not any large amount of interest in the occult concentrated into that area. its mostly just, ghetto.. =X

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
ask Thomas as well, he is froma alabama

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   
CLICK

Do you mean this one? Notice the moron on the left. He is signing the infamous sign of the devil.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
i've been to 5 points many times. there's quite a few good bars in that area, i never noticed the statue though. if you get down there Bellbottoms is a happening place to hangout. i'll have to check out this statue next time i'm there.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
thats kind of neat hehe. ill have to get a better picture of that/go see if I can find it. I emailed my friend about it but havent heard back yet. Id like to know the origins,etc of this statue, because that is somewhat strange.

I too have been to bham quite a few times and have never heard anything of this statue/seen it.

Aegis Fang, are you from around there or something? I have quite a few friends in that area.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
my mother lived in b'ham for a couple years, now we just stay there when we go to the race in talladega. never miss the 5 points though, so many women, so many chances to get shot down. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
haha, there are definitely some chances to get shot down there. I used to goto this place called "the boiler room" around there to goto shows and such. It was this club that was like right in the middle of the ghetto parts. You would leave the place at 2am and see young kids walking the streets as if they were zombies or something. there was always some crackhead asking for money too heh.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
you know what's weird secret socities like the masons and the eastern stars are real big down there. I knew this girl that was and eastern star and she had the symbol on her car. People would pull up to here and ask her what her grandmother's last name was. Weird

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here is a Pic, of the half man half goat in Birmingham Alabama. There is also some additional info about it's origin.

www.bhamonline.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by diva
At this intersection there is a statue of a goat standing on its back legs holding an open book. If you climb to the top of the statue, you will see a pentagram engraved in the book

I'll be there sometime this summer. Give me the address of local industrial estate. I will find the biggest caterpillar type buldozer and run over that bastard with it.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the link about the statue, RealFlight! That's one coooooool statue!

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i asked my mom about this statue, and she said that she never really took notice of it. but since i asked she was kinda weirded out about it being a goat man, she said that alot of homeless people hang out around it and it's a favorite with drunken college students wandering around down there. and with the south being a little more religious than the rest of the country(they wont get the lottery in bama because it is a sin) i'm really wondering how this statue, that resembles what we consider a representation of satan, was allowed to be constructed. sounds like conspiracy to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I live in Jasper, which is near Birmingham, and I have never noticed this statue. Odd that many people dont seem to notice it.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I live here too and also have never noticed that statue. I'll look out for it next time I'm down that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
im in huntsville ala.....
Birmingham's Vulcan Statue
whats the deal with the Birmingham’s cast iron statue representing the Roman god of fire and blacksmithing?
isnt this a false idol? shame shame....

birminghams Vulcan Photo Gallery www.bplonline.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
whats the deal with the Birmingham’s cast iron statue representing the Roman god of fire and blacksmithing?

The answer to your question is on exactly the same website as the picture links you posted. I can't believe you couldn't find this.

isnt this a false idol? shame shame....

Now you're just being silly...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hi,,,the fountain at Five Points is just a bunch of Grim Fairy Tales characters. The goat is reading the story. I personally like the turtle very much. This fountain sits in the middle of the star the five streets form at the east quarter. Some of the churches there had a hissy fit at first, calling the poor goat Satan.haha.Then some mysterious people stepped in and they helped the city decide to keep it up.

The area is also over Ley lines and the iron depoists on Red Mountain also seem to have some impact on the stories of this place. A huge statue of the God of iron Vulcan overlooks the city of Bham. too. And I hate to leeave out the statue of Astarte' which graces one of the buildings just across the valley. I'm not sure but I think that would be the Daniel Building. Anyway,,in Bham. there are more churches that resturants,and this picticular area is party central at night. Great bars and resturant and coffee house and tat and head shops. The hippie type and goth type love this place. Its a beautiful mix of some very interesting people. I love the southside myself. I'm older now but it hold alot of memories for me.
And yes there is a huge occult underground. And in this bible belt its not alway a good idea to advertise any occult works or beliefs. But that is changing even in the deep deep south. Although I'm all for keeping secret,because I personally believe it to be better for me.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
CORRECTION: I meant that to read;
The fountian LOOKS just like characters from Grims Fairy Tales.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Huh. My first thoughts looking at it were of Pan or one of the popular images of a "Forest God". Most interpretations of Satan have him as more of a satyr figure. To me it just looks like a neat statue, I don't suppose anyone gone to see what symbol actually is in the boo, eh?
Kinda glad this one got bumped, it's a neat statute, I'll look for it next time I'm in Alabamie.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join