It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Robinson calls out British banking system. Must Watch. "Not Even Human"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I think apathy is still more widespread than you give it credit but all the same there are a lot of angry people at the moment. If the banking problems carry on the way they do I wouldn't be surprised to see bankers hanging from every lamp post in London, along with the politicians that enabled them. I don't think I many would shed a tear over their misfortune.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Anyone noticing how we are seeing more and more of this. People coming out speaking the truth is great. Russell brand slipped in a good one at the MTV awards. How long till top police end up agreeing? They are all people after all.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hear some peole say we must save the banks because they bring so much money in.

I don't buy that argument. If they are running a criminal business they should be shut down and sent to jail.

Otherwise we might as well bailout drug dealers and pimps, they could probably generate a fair whack as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Sorry to be THAT guy, but tony didn't go far enough!

Now don't get me wrong, what he said was okay! But the thing is the whole system is a god damn joke anyway! Without the interest manipulation!

They loan money out of thin air for god sake! They loan money they do not have! They can simply pop zeros into your account without actually having any REAL money. Why didn't tony mention that? Maybe he doesn't know? I doubt it though...

And what about that last statement about them getting us into it they should get us out of it? Well that isn't really true now is it! The government bailed the #ers out! They didn't steal our money, the government gave it to them! Shouldn't they be sharing some blame here tony?

Why on earth is the government loaning money of these scumbags then giving it back to them with interest? Then giving them even more in bailouts? Like WTF! It makes no sense! For a start why don't the government just print it's own money interest free? Because they are all a bunch of crooks! The whole system is a giant ponzi scheme scam!

Sorry but that speech wasn't enough by a long shot! Still, better than nothing I suppose.
edit on 1-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I hear some peole say we must save the banks because they bring so much money in.

I don't buy that argument. If they are running a criminal business they should be shut down and sent to jail.

Otherwise we might as well bailout drug dealers and pimps, they could probably generate a fair whack as well.

I'm actually watching the rest of the episode and someone has raised that point.

We've been told repeatedly that these criminals need to be sheltered because they are the "best" in the business. But clearly they're not. They've ran their businesses into the sewer, they've gambled beyond all reason, they've destroyed credibility and trust in their brands...

For the money these people are paid (and the insane perks and bonuses) there could be ten other younger, more dynamic and (certainly) more moral people who would savor the opportunity.

The idea that we need to bend over and take it from these banksters otherwise our banking industry would collapse is a complete fiction.

We had the same threat when tax increases were suggested, with banks threatening to "leave the UK". So a bank is really suggesting that they would abandon such a massive market where the world of banking meets, because of a higher tax rate? Nonsense!

None of the arguments stack up. The only reason I believe no action - or so little action - is taken against the banks, the tax loopholes and the illegal activity recently exposed is because government is controlled by big business, from the wealthy politicians and their private investments to the funding parties receive from those corrupt businesses.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Your kidding of course, governments have been 'bailing out' drug dealers and pimps for some time now, only it's not called bailing out, it's called investments. Governments only react when they are called to order themselves like the MP's expenses scandal, only a few heads rolled, the rest of 'em still 'bite the alter' and pocket the cash.
edit on 1-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
S+F
Tony Robinson is a great tv personality
and that was a great speach by him.

will they listen lol no bankers dont care
if we want to stop them we have to take out the top bankers
by force sadly its the only way,

we need to rise up.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I shared the Video thankyou for bringing it to my attention... Have you actually done a few sums and the Interest Rates Rigging... I did a little Hypothetical sum earlier for my facebook page so that people would understand the sums involved:
£80.000 Mortgage at the rigged interest rate of.... lets say 10%
Monthly payments £700 over a 25 year period
Now the actual IR is more to the tune of 5% so thats £350
This Practice has been ongoing for the past 20 years... So say your on the last 5 years of your mortgage, you best have a seat....
Thats £350x12x20.... £4200.00 per year, £84.000 over 20 years Now the interest rates do vary but you get the idea.
I can't understand how these bankers aren't behind bars.

S+F btw

edit on 1-7-2012 by DreamerOracle because: oops Math

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Tony Robinson is doing the same as the rest of the worlds media, Blaming it on the banks.

Why?

Because the banking system as we know it is on its way out, so who better to blame than a system which is already doomed.

Tony Robinson just proved to me that he's joined the other side.

Something we should all remember.
IF ITS ON THE BBC YOU WERE MEANT TO SEE IT.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Well actually yes and no.. You see that statement he made about "they got us into it they should get us out of it" came across to me like... Yes they are evil and criminal but we NEED them, they should save us now... He wasn't saying that the whole system should be brought down... It seemed to me as though he wants to give them a good slap on the wrist and to tell them to be good from now on!

This isn't good enough for me... It just seems as though he's being the devils advocate kind of, like making the people pissed off think he's giving the banks a roasting and you can see from the comments on here it is working like a charm, but in reality he is saying they should be punished but allowed to continue...

Sorry I'm a bit tired and can't seem to find the right words for what I mean. Hope you get where I'm coming from?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

And what about that last statement about them getting us into it they should get us out of it? Well that isn't really true now is it! The government bailed the #ers out! They didn't steal our money, the government gave it to them! Shouldn't they be sharing some blame here tony?

They own the gov and the gov is held hostage by the global corporate greed of a few. Unfortunately the gov is them.

I think Tony nailed it and I'm sure if he had more time he wouldn't have stopped there. I find it interesting that in the past, social issues and problems seemed to be more isolated and contained within the countries themselves. Not so true in todays world. When many different countries start sharing such a large common ground of all the same wrongs of the system, you get a sense of how large and global the problem really is. Tony could've been in many a different country and still been spot on. We need more people like this to spread awareness of the problems we now face. Sadly, most are too busy watching the Kardashian's and updating their Facebook profile to notice whats going on around them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
2 pages in and not one utterance of a cunning plan? Don't tell me the bankers have stolen our sense of humour too?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

This isn't good enough for me... It just seems as though he's being the devils advocate kind of, like making the people pissed off think he's giving the banks a roasting and you can see from the comments on here it is working like a charm, but in reality he is saying they should be punished but allowed to continue...

My point exactly, and you did make sense

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Perhaps, i know he was limited by time but my point was he was sparked to speak out because of the interest rate fixing that has recently been revealed right? But my point is the system is criminal even without that. Ans yes I know it is a worldwide issue and that there is money floating round and round the same few.

The government is not held hostage by the banks. The government can print it's own money if it wanted to with no problems at all. Hell it could even do away with the pound if it wanted to. Just look at the euro, how many countries did it? Of course I'm not saying the euro is/was a good idea. That system is just like the one we have, and there are many more corruptions going on inside and around it... But hopefully you see my point.

The government could quite easily of let the banks fail, it might of hurt some people short term but it would of helped the system as a whole and made the banks that survived all the more responsible ( even though they should all be done away with in my opinion ).

We need a radical rethink into how business is done.

Tony said the banks should get us out of it. So he is still clinging to the idea of banks right? He wasn't calling for an end to them. Really what he pointed at was the tiniest of problems concerning the current system, kind of like complaining that a serial killer was getting blood all over the streets, and then saying that the killer should start to clean it all up so the place doesn't look a mess. While totally ignoring the fact that he is killing tons of people! lol

Hope you can see my points here...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Phew, okay good good, glad someone else saw what I saw...

He's definitely a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing here.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I like the wording you use as they do in fact marry their cousins

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by mtnshredder

Perhaps, i know he was limited by time but my point was he was sparked to speak out because of the interest rate fixing that has recently been revealed right? But my point is the system is criminal even without that. Ans yes I know it is a worldwide issue and that there is money floating round and round the same few.

The government is not held hostage by the banks. The government can print it's own money if it wanted to with no problems at all. Hell it could even do away with the pound if it wanted to. Just look at the euro, how many countries did it? Of course I'm not saying the euro is/was a good idea. That system is just like the one we have, and there are many more corruptions going on inside and around it... But hopefully you see my point.

The government could quite easily of let the banks fail, it might of hurt some people short term but it would of helped the system as a whole and made the banks that survived all the more responsible ( even though they should all be done away with in my opinion ).

We need a radical rethink into how business is done.

Tony said the banks should get us out of it. So he is still clinging to the idea of banks right? He wasn't calling for an end to them. Really what he pointed at was the tiniest of problems concerning the current system, kind of like complaining that a serial killer was getting blood all over the streets, and then saying that the killer should start to clean it all up so the place doesn't look a mess. While totally ignoring the fact that he is killing tons of people! lol

Hope you can see my points here...

De La Rue print the money, way back it was Rothschild. Does it matter who prints it now when an outside influence dictates its value?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

Tony robinson, one of my absolute favorite dudes. His character "Baldrick" in "Blackadder" is one of the feats of british comedy. Then for years he brought real archaeology to the public on "Time Team" an educational show on british t.v, long before it was trendy. Thats just the stuff in the mainstream he's done, and now he is speaking publically against the bankers.
Here he is doing a version 4 anti war "Baldrick" from "blackadder goes forth" Blackadder series 4 to you americans.
Oh yeah hes from Hackney East london where i lived for many years, a hot bed of anarchism and leftfield thinking from year dot lol.
edit on 1-7-2012 by discolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Yes it matters a whole lot to be honest. It's not about who physically prints it, it is the fact that it is loaned out and then has to be paid back with interest. So you get the problem that there is not enough money in circulation to pay back the debt because you have to borrow more money to pay the interest...

That aside from the fact that if the government issued the money to itself it wouldn't have to pay the money back and it wouldn't have to pay interest...

Of course that would be a much better scenario even if someone else controlled it's worth. But of course that should be done away with too. Obviously the more the government printed or gave to itself it would devalue all the other currency on the table so they themselves would be controlling it's worth. All they would have to do to raise the moneys value would be to stop printing it for a time, no?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I watched the first 8 seconds, it was good, I know what the rest will be, I support this guy to a point, he is a prominent socialst, a REAL labour member, unlike Tony Blair, the knight of malta.

Tony is a Tory bastard who took over after John Smith died of a heart attack after his doctor changed his dosage to a dangerous level 2 weeks before and gave him a clean bill. Tony was SIS in my opinion, he covered up astra holdings, there is a thread on here about that, Margaret Thatcher famously said her greatest achievement was New Labour.

Tony is now middle east envoy, his # wife drowned 101 dalmation puppies to make a coat lol ok that last bit was just a lie but the rest is true. How the # can she be a human rights lawyer? AAAARGH

I wish Robinson would dig up some more truth lol Time team referenence there for the UK peeps. Im just spamming facebook, joan baez we shall overcome - bob dylan - let me die in my footsteps.

When government fails prepare for war.
edit on 1-7-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join