It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Robinson calls out British banking system. Must Watch. "Not Even Human"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+106 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Aired 30/7/2012. Actor and broadcaster, Tony Robinson has said that he no longer has any respect for British bankers and the British banking system.

Speaking after Barclays was fined £290m for manipulating banking interest rates, Robinson catalogued how the banks had let down the country for their own interests.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Please share this people I believe it to be a very good speech

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yes brilliantly said....shame people don't listen!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
Yes brilliantly said....shame people don't listen!!!

I know it was good the crowd clapped but I didnt like the smerks some had on their face like it is funny that he is getting angry over a very serious matter.. Poor people.. They have no idea what they are doing

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We need more stars and flags for this man haha

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
S & F for bringing this to ATS.

Tony telling it like it is.
His words definitely ring true in my ears.
I'm hoping too, this gets a lot of coverage in the mainstream & here.

Igniting people into action that we can do something about these leeches once & for all.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 303inMyBrain

S & F for bringing this to ATS.

Tony telling it like it is.
His words definitely ring true in my ears.
I'm hoping too, this gets a lot of coverage in the mainstream & here.

Igniting people into action that we can do something about these leeches once & for all.

Agreed it does seem like more and more people are speaking up.. Perhaps something is brewing,,

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

I'm in the U.S. and I enjoyed watching that clip! We need more people like him to speak out against illegal banking practices around the world. These bankers have been taking advantage of hard working people for too long.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Question Time last Thursday was Brilliant!!

I thought Tony Robinson was spot on in what he said and plenty of the audience chimed in and whooped the politicians too.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
To be glad I am just happy that the mainstream is now saying and accepting in general the things we have been saying since 2008. OK it's taken 4 years, but the majority are now waking up to the fiat system in all it's corrupt glory. if it spreads awareness great. one up for Baldrick I say. Good on him!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
For some reason i can imagine him getting a call to goto the bank of England where rowan atkinson is waiting for him saying "here is my fist baldrick not run onto it" and him replying "yes mi'lord"

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I'm in the U.S. and I enjoyed watching that clip! We need more people like him to speak out against illegal banking practices around the world. These bankers have been taking advantage of hard working people for too long.

Glad to hear. I agree it was very good!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I wish more people of his respect & stature would come out & say what he said,for to long we've sat back & been fiddled by these banks.
you need somebody even bigger to come out & say something similar to get people to wake up to whats been happening to them for years & years.

A public inquiry should happen,but like the inquiry on the war in iraq & the inquiry about phone hacking the big players in the whole thing get away with it whilst good honest workers lose there jobs.

S + F

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Watched it on Thursday - thought Tony Robinson was very good - and I couldn't help but notice the smirk on Paddy Ashdown's face when he Robinson was talking - wonder what Clegg's reaction to that was?

If anything Robinson didn't go quite far enough in criticising the incestuous relationship between bankers / industry / politicians / MSM etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Don't mean to be picky but was it not aired on 28/6/2012 ?

I watched it and agreed with everything Tony said .... but then as others said we on ATS have been saying this stuff for years.

Today I spotted THIS on twitter.

France are going to create a public bank. When the likes of RBS failed and the UK government spent hundreds of millions bailing them out I didn't see the point. The banks have still not done what everybody wants them to do which is stimulate the economy by lending to small business.

So would it not have been much better to have put the same money into a nationalised bank which would have as its main function to help the people of the country, instead of giving money to a private company who's main purpose is to make profit for its shareholders and big bonuses for its directors.

RBS to all intents is owned by the UK tax payer and yet we seem unable to make it do what we want. Actually the government's main concern regarding RBS is not whethr it helps the business of UK but whether it will at some time get its money back. All it wants to see is the RBS share price go up.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Of course it makes sense - but you said that word that has been demonised and forever blackened - Nationalised.

Starting with Saatchi & Saatchi back in the early 80's there has been a constant campaign by MSM and TPTB etc to blame nationalisation and other 'left-wing' policies for most of this country's woes when the opposite could be at least as easily argued.

This biggest problems with nationalisation in the UK in the past were incompetent management, cronyism and lack of government support.

In these days of re-branding etc perhaps there's a more 'acceptable' term to use for Nationalisation - I'm sure someone here on ATS came up with something a while back but I can't for the life of me remember what.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Brilliant!!!

total repsect for Tony... A British icon if there ever was one... Seems to stand up and speak for everyone globaly really.

Adding alink to this thread which has been covering the banks/bankers since they were fined...
Barclays fined for attempts to manipulate key bank rates
Latest updat on there was about the people sacked from RBS and Marcus Agius to resign
Something has to be done ...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Trouble with people in this country is all we do is blog and moan and that is the limit of our outrage.. We have become a nation of letter writers to the editor which tptb look at and file it under "who gives a crap?"...

They have no fear of us with good reason

Because we are nation of weak, apathetic arseholes who have had the backbone removed..

To quote Australian Chopper Reid; "Harden the fk up England"

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It must be about ten years ago, when a banking friend of mine actually told me that many of the banks, not just his, were on a mission to do away with the smaller accounts, along with the 'rationalization' that was going on in bank staffing, and with the bank manager becoming nothing more than a figurehead. The whole thing was geared to the coming 'Globalisation' and they all wanted to be the big players, except that they weren't. That was reserved for the really big players, the cabal, who were waiting in turn to take the high street banks money.

Tony Robinson is 100% correct, and 2008 was the big steal. It should never be allowed to happen again, and for me, I am actively seeking for a safe but perhaps boring building society/s, or perhaps a credit union to invest what money I have. The banks are buggered, we don't need the London and New York hi-rise citadels to work for our money, any more than we need the magnificent cathedrals and mosques or temples to practice our faiths, they are but symbols of a power that has nothing to do with the man in the street.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I love Tony, but I still think he didn't go far enough.

It's incredible that the government and banksters still don't seem to get it. Through every internet media you can see the rage in this country. Wherever you go, there are people really seething with rage.

I cannot stress this enough, people are on the verge of revolt.

If you can think back to the Poll Tax, that's the level we're at now. That's the kind of outrage and anger people here are experiencing.

I'm not joking when I say that the majority of people are literally on the edge of going to London and dragging people from those banks themselves. These are criminals, in the highest echelons of society, and their crimes are being ignored by government and police.

Think of it this way, if you lived in a village in 1800 and the land owner was raping, pillaging and robbing the locals from his mansion, with law enforcement and government silently looking on, you'd expect the villagers to arrive with pitchforks and torches in the middle of the night to deal justice themselves, wouldn't you?

Now imagine that on a national scale and you have what is happening right now in the UK.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join