It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I dont like about the Bible (NKJIV)....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangedays
It seems like to me, every otther verse is talking about a sinner and Gods wrath to collect payment for that sin. Its constantly repeating threats from God that are repeated over and over throughout the entire story, all books. Then when you actually get out in the real world none of that stuff happens. People just rip people off and hurt them their entire lives and in their desperateness they cling to the Bible because its the only thing they have. I guess it makes them feel better like "its ok because Gods got my back against the sinners" but then they go out and the Bible cant protect them (ive witnessed it personally) they just keep saying "one day I tell you! one day!" then they just keep waiting for justice and they die lol. What a joke anyone elose feel this way?

Also if an afterlife that we all share truly existed, I wouldnt want to spend it with half these heathens im made to associate with. I mean to the point that if it meant being cast out of heaven id be ok with it. None of todays slime deserves a place in heaven. All thats left is the garbage anyway

Im thinking from reading your OP You titled this thread the way you have because you havnt actually read the Book.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It seems like to me, every otther verse is talking about a sinner and Gods wrath to collect payment for that sin. Its constantly repeating threats from God that are repeated over and over...

Scripture doesn't speak about "collecting payment for sin". It does speak to those who seek Him. The Bible is summed up beautifully in the following:

Adam - Man
Seth - Appointed
Enosh – Mortal
Kenan – Sorrow
Mahalalel – The blessed God
Jared – Shall come down
Enoch – Teaching
Methuselah – His death shall bring
Lamech – Despairing
Noah – Comfort and rest

Put those name meanings into a complete sentence and you get: Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow, (but) the blessed God shall come down teaching. His death shall bring (the) despairing comfort and rest

Only when sin is highlighted to an individual, can it bring sorrowful and heartfelt repentance. This is what God does, the gift of grace that teaches those individuals how to overcome the age in which we live. God stepped into this world to lead us out of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Scripture doesn't speak about "collecting payment for sin".

Matthew 5:26 - I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.
More than half the Christians believe this translation discusses payment for sin.
Either in this life or the next .... meaning purgatory before heaven.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
What I don't like about the Bible (DAICLAT)

This, as always, will remain the most glaring problem with the Bible.

We see it everywhere, and it progressively gets worse and worse, and no matter how many times this is brought to the attention of the Reader, they fail to understand they haven't got a clue what they are even discussing, let alone comprehending.

At the Worst, King James was a Masonic Cracker. Labeling him as a Flaming Homosexual, or Drunken Idiot is a mute point.

And for those whom believe he Transliterated the Bible itself, we see the DAICLAT are the forefront again.

Comments as the following flurish, yet they are ignored.

......... many of today's historians look to the writings of.............. Sir Anthony Weldon and Francis Osborne as accurate descriptions of this great king.

............ Many historians today quote Weldon as if he were a reliable historical source............................, "A Perfect Description of the People and Country of Scotland" where he says that the Scots are a "stinking people" who hold "fornication...but a pastime". He also said,

"...their flesh naturally abhors cleanness. Their breath commonly stinks of pottage...to be chained in marriage with one of them, were to be tied to a dead carcass, and cast into a stinking ditch....I do wonder that...King James should be born in so stinking a town as Edinburgh in lousy Scotland."

I can't imagine truths like this being ignored by anyone. And then there is this following, which seemingly gets everyone's "panties in a bunch".

.................historians continue to consult the writings of Anthony Weldon................King James had inordinate affections towards other men.

Disregarding these facts and their implications are simply frightening.

Enough said. The DAICLAT and those that follow them are a waste of breath and I take offense that they share the Air I breathe.

We even see them and their remarks here, from time to time, within ATS, of all places. Spewing flaming
rhetoric and abashing others in some self grandiose attempt to elevate their weak and feeble minds above that of others here. Denying Ignorance eh........? COME ON. The DAICLAT can't even comprehend they are the Ignorant in Denial.

Lets do everything we can to eliminate the DAICTAL and their belief structure. Illuminate those who seeming crawled out from under a rock, and have blind commitment to exalt "their own agendas" ahead of truth. Doing the work of their father, in a world he seeks to control.

For those with Eye's to See.................

Ciao

Shane

edit on 2-7-2012 by Shane because: speling

edit on 2-7-2012 by Shane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I hope that I did offend anyone in specific with the previous response.

Review and reflection on the Post offered made it clear I had omitted many details that likely should have been included my comments.

But regardless, the Problem will always be the same. Nothing will change in respects to the Bible until we see that tolerance will be denied to those who blindly follow the tirades of the......DAICLAT .

SO, I felt the omitted text SHOULD be applied, incase others suggested I was twisting details to suit goals and agendas I harbor.

Firstly, Sir Anthony Weldon and Francis Osborne, and comments offered made by them. I did omit a bit of information, but THEIR OWN BELIEFS where accurately presented previously. Just in fairness, and in the effort to ensure illumination is complete, the full text should be reflected upon

THE KING HAD MANY ENEMIES.

As a Scotsman ruling over the English, the King endured much racism and slander--especially from the once powerful English Lords and Ladies who he replaced with his Scottish countrymen. Unfortunately, many of today's historians look to the writings of hostile sources such as Sir Anthony Weldon and Francis Osborne as accurate descriptions of this great king.

One of the king's detractors, Sir Anthony Weldon, was knighted by King James but was subsequently dismissed after King James found racist writings by Weldon about the King's native Scotland. Many historians today quote Weldon as if he were a reliable historical source. Examples of Weldon's racism are found in his treatise entitled, "A Perfect Description of the People and Country of Scotland" where he says that the Scots are a "stinking people" who hold "fornication...but a pastime". He also said,

"...their flesh naturally abhors cleanness. Their breath commonly stinks of pottage...to be chained in marriage with one of them, were to be tied to a dead carcass, and cast into a stinking ditch....I do wonder that...King James should be born in so stinking a town as Edinburgh in lousy Scotland."

Despite this obvious bias, historians continue to consult the writings of Anthony Weldon who intimated that King James had inordinate affections towards other men--but he did not do this until 25 years after King James was dead and could not defend himself. Today's sodomite/homosexual community is touting the King as one of their own, which he was not. These misinformed sources, virtually without exception, fail to mention that King James and his Queen had nine children together. You can read about the rumors in this article or check out an excellently researched book on the subject by Stephen Coston, Sr. entitled, King James: Unjustly Accused?.

Almost prophetically, the king wrote of his enemies:

"They quarrel me (not for any evil or vice in me) but because I was a king, which they thought the highest evil, and because they were ashamed to profess this quarrel they were busy to look narrowly in all my actions, and I warrant you a moat in my eye, yes a false report was matter enough for them to work upon."

--James I, Basilicon Doron

Whew, I feel better ensuring the complete text is presented.

Second, lets all stand united in getting the problem with the Bible removed from everywhere we see it. When it raises it's head, lets shear it off. When shows it face in the lite, lets put it back under it's rock. When it spews lies and twists truths to glorify it's own master, lets clearly pronounce for all to understand, the name of that master. Lets get rid of the.........

Dumb
Ass
Idiots
Claiming
Lies
As
Truths

....and ensure they are no longer the problem with the Bible.

Ciao

Shane

King James I, biography, Stuart, James Charles, James VI & I
edit on 2-7-2012 by Shane because: Sounds like an Evolution problem, but I only just noticed the Missing Link Hahahaha

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

It seems like to me, every otther verse is talking about a sinner and Gods wrath to collect payment for that sin. Its constantly repeating threats from God that are repeated over and over throughout the entire story, all books. Then when you actually get out in the real world none of that stuff happens. People just rip people off and hurt them their entire lives and in their desperateness they cling to the Bible because its the only thing they have. I guess it makes them feel better like "its ok because Gods got my back against the sinners" but then they go out and the Bible cant protect them (ive witnessed it personally) they just keep saying "one day I tell you! one day!" then they just keep waiting for justice and they die lol. What a joke anyone elose feel this way?

We are the problem but we think God is the problem - that's what sin is.

God has provided a solution but we can't 'see' it - that is sin.

Also if an afterlife that we all share truly existed, I wouldnt want to spend it with half these heathens im made to associate with. I mean to the point that if it meant being cast out of heaven id be ok with it. None of todays slime deserves a place in heaven. All thats left is the garbage anyway

Our destination is a new earth, heaven is only temporary.

No-one who makes it will be the same as they are now...
...but you are right God saves the ungodly and we all fit that description - that is sin and the solution.
edit on 2/7/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join