It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We give too much credit to "God"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hello all, I have recently been delving into the world of metaphysics, astral projection, universal mind, etc. and have learned some pretty interesting things through my research. Another note before I begin is that I feel "special" or connected, I have always believed in Indigo Children/Star Children and firmly believe that I may infact be one of these.

Anyways, onto my post:
The reason for the title is that I feel major religions around the world have us severely misled as to what our mind can actually do. They want to make us believe that we in ourselves are powerless, they want us to depend on a "god". Now, the reasoning behind them wanting this is debatable, whether it be to have us conditioned to depend on someone else for our problems, or to keep us in the dark as to what we are capable of, mentally, or maybe something much less sinister, I really dont know.

I feel that much of the religious terms and methods can be explained by human consciousness, and the power of the universal mind. The reason that prayer works is because of our own minds, not a God. If you have enough people thinking about an event, I strongly feel that there is a higher chance of that event happening. The rain dances that Native Americans and other tribal cultures perform is another good example of this I think.

I have also had strange occurences recently where I will be thinking about someone or something, and I will get a text from the person, or a phone call, or the thing I was thinking about suddenly materialized, or something related. It really is odd at the frequency of said events, and it happening on a greater and greater frequency every day. I know this is referred to as synchrocity, but I really feel that there is something much greater at work here, something that can be manipulated.

We give too much credit to a god, or a diety, we have the entire universe in our consciousness, we can do amazing things with the power of the mind, and even greater things with the collective consciousness.

I will need more time to think more over this whole topic, but I just wanted to get your guys's thoughts on this, just wanted to get something out there. Thanks for reading!
edit on 1-7-2012 by Roundtree because: hit enter too quickly

edit on 1-7-2012 by Roundtree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Roundtree

at least He is smart enough to only hit enter once

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I agree mostly with what you have said.... we are all still learning though. There are many possibilities of what is really at work behind the scenes of the unknown. Whatever God may be I believe we all have a piece of it inside of us and if we are able to harness that power I truly believe we would be capable of moving mountains.

One thing I have taken from my readings of the Bible is that Jesus was a great person because he could heal and perform great miracles. BUT the important aspect of Jesus for me was that he held love in his heart for all mankind.
Having said that, the one time in my life when i felt Invincible was when I first met my wife and i was in love with her. I felt love inside of me. They call it butterfly's in your stomach. I mean it is a REAL feeling that I could feel inside of my body like feeling the air go in and out of my lungs. It was a great feeling too it was amazing I am sure you reading this have felt it also. I have had this feeling a handful of times in my life but not many. I imagine if you could hold that feeling inside of you all the time for all mankind regardless of what they do to you, I believe you could eventually walk on water and turn water to wine

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You are obviously screwed in your search. You are too young and too fast to make any serious judgment, slow down and absorb things slowly. You will meet him later, enjoy it while it last.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

How condescending of you to say such things. Youth doesn't equal ignorant. The OP is quite smart to be researching this stuff. When you say "you will meet him later" do you mean your god? I'm curious. It sounds like anyone who searches is not right, and anyone who finds "God" is right. Is that what you mean?
edit on 1-7-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I agree with what you have written. I don't have much to add actually. I do feel that we have power in us to effect things. I believe that the only reason it's not more widespread in occurrences is due to the influence of people's beliefs that only god or gods can have the power.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Religions teach that God is an external force that we cannot control. This is wrong. God is and has always been an internal force created by the minds of humankind. This is also wrong. Is it possible that God is every single thing from the Higgs Boson to the mighty ships that orbit our planet. The search for God is futile. Just look in the mirror and you will see God.
We are all Gods and Goddesses and each of us has the power to impact upon and change reality. And to create reality too.

Laws and regulations are part of this creation. Once a law is passed it becomes part of reality. You could say that the Patriot Act is an act of God because as I have stated we are all Gods etc. God is in here (points to the skull), it is the TEMPLE and ALTER. Understand and know this and enlightenment will be achieved.

God is a statistic, a number we cannot count too.

That's what sirE tells me anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I used to think something similar. But I've come to realize the lack of logic in these (for a lack of a better phrase) "new age" ideologies.

First off, what if two minds with the power you are suggesting come head to head with each other? in other words, what if one person lives in NY and wants California to drown and the other guy lives in CA and wants NY to explode? Who wins? The more powerful mind? And who is right, or wrong?

This is the problem with the post-modern process of thought. There is no more relevance. Truth has become whatever one defines it. Well if that IS true, then no one is right and no one is wrong and truth really does not exist.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

We give too much credit to a god, or a diety, we have the entire universe in our consciousness, we can do amazing things with the power of the mind, and even greater things with the collective consciousness.

Out of curiosity, can you name one of these amazing things we can do with the mind? Something perhaps verifiable?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I think perhaps you are giving too much credit to your conception of "God".

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
God is not what you could ever think it is. You can say that GOD is the perfect infinite mathematical program that is running in everything seen and unseen.

" The Pantheistic theory makes of God a material being, who, though endowed with a supreme intelligence, would only be on a larger scale what we are on a smaller one. But, as matter is incessantly undergoing transformation, God, if this theory were true, would have no stability. He would be subject to all the vicissitudes, and even to all the needs, of humanity He would lack one of the essential attributes of the Divinity, namely, unchangeableness. The properties of matter cannot be attributed to God without degrading our idea of the Divinity and all the subtleties of sophistry fail to solve the problem of His essential nature.

We do not know what God is; but we know that it is impossible that He should not be and the theory just stated is in contradiction with His most essential attributes. It confounds the Creator with the creation, precisely as though we should consider an ingenious machine to be an integral portion of the mechanician who invented it.

The intelligence of God is revealed in His works, as is that of a painter in his picture; but the works of God are no more God Himself than the picture is the artist who conceived and painted it." - Allan Kardec.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
We all know that every concept of god is most likely highly inadequate.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Out of curiosity, can you name one of these amazing things we can do with the mind? Something perhaps verifiable?

If you dont understand what he said that i am afraid to inform you that you may have to spend much time in researching many aspects and many topics for you to even begin to understand the answer to your question if one were given.

Just know what he said is right.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We all know that every concept of god is most likely highly inadequate.

Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?

"When his mind shall no longer be obscured by matter, and when, by his perfection, he shall have brought himself nearer to God, be will see and comprehend Him."

The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.
12. If we cannot comprehend the essential nature of God, can we have an idea of some of His perfections?

"Yes, of some of them. Man comprehends them better in proportion as he raises himself above matter; he obtains glimpses of them through the exercise of his intelligence."

13. When we say that God is eternal, infinite, unchangeable, immaterial, unique, all-powerful, sovereignty just and good, have we not a complete idea of His attributes?

"Yes, judging from your point of view, because you think that you sum up everything in those terms; but you must understand that there are things which transcend the intelligence of the most intelligent man, and for which your language, limited to your ideas and sensations, has no expressions. Your reason tells you that God must possess those perfections in the supreme degree; for, if one of them were lacking, or were not possessed by Him in an infinite degree, He would riot be superior to all, and consequently would not be God. In order to be above all things, God must undergo no vicissitudes, He must have none of the imperfections of which the imagination can conceive." _ The Spirits Book by Allan Kardec

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

And Christians don't?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

"We give too much credit to a god,
or a diety,
we have the entire universe in our consciousness,"

1. Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:6-8 (in Context) Genesis 2 (Whole Chapter)

"and man became a living soul.",,our consciousness,,
in my opinion.

So your statement,,We give too much credit to a god,
or a diety, why shouldn't we.?

Humanity i mean.

i thought everyone knew that.
,maybe just the older gen.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

12. If we cannot comprehend the essential nature of God, can we have an idea of some of His perfections?

No, because there is no such things as perfection.

13. When we say that God is eternal, infinite, unchangeable, immaterial, unique, all-powerful, sovereignty just and good, have we not a complete idea of His attributes?

No, because that is merely giving names to concepts. Concepts are merely concepts, nothing more. God is a concept.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Just know what he said is right.

I hope you realize the fallaciousness of this statement. It is impossible to "just know." That is called faith and wishfulness.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Good luck in your quest.

Stay on the path.

Fundamentally I must argue your title point.

"God"; being the creator deserve all the credit. Credit is a man-made concept, similar to your truth about religion.

Will the almighty, there would be nothing. ExNihilo = from nothing.

You are part of the all, so give yourself some credit.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

No, because there is no such things as perfection.
well gee,, thats original,,,,sin,,what are u Catholic,,
whack,,yes Sister,,,

ahh the old Beaver Tail Strap! lol

edit on 1-7-2012 by BobAthome because: luv it,,
did sting though,, lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join