It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these Fans were magnetised, would it spin by itself???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

You're talking about a DaVinci perpetual motion machine, except with magnetics instead of gravity. The way your machine would work would be with producing more torque on the longer lever arms of the fan blade, and less toward the center. The reason it won't work is because magnets loses attraction across distance. It seems to be a great concept. The more basic gravitational machines don't work, because no machine is 100% efficient, and the friction and air resistance slow it down. Your machine would have less of those problems, because the fan could be suspended and almost frictionless.

Perhaps a combination of the gravitational wheel, with a magnetically suspended fan, in a vacuum, could be at least be a perpetual motion device, but it would never generate any extra output.

edit on 1-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
rare earth magnets ...have you looked into that? en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Why ask if it will work?
Yu have a design it seems, fabricate it and see for yourself.
If it works great, if not just as good, as you will see why.
Git to work.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I know damn well our main powersource is nuclear.

But solar radiation kills aswell.

humans can't use it safely either.

so a "kneejerk greenie" solution is pretty much all that is left i guess?

Or did Japan shut down it's entire nuclear power grid down after Fukushima because they felt so safe?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If you could get the fans to oscillate.... and that's a big IF you'd have something worth pursuing .... the problem is I'm not sure how easy it would be to make a magnet in that shape.... now if I had the programmable magnetics guy's magnet programmer I think it might be doable... but he wants Beaucoup bucks for one of those.

I'm not saying it's not doable but you're talking masses of specialized equipment and serious engineering knowhow.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Order a few neodymium magnets and just build a ferris like wheel with the right configuration?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
There are a million billion gazillion designs of "magnetic motors" that falsely treat magnetism as if it was some kind of "wind" or "pushing force" in a directional sense.

The magnetic field is not static as they would like you to believe. It's just that the "magnets" as leedskalnin called them are moving so fast, it appears static.

None of them work.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It will find a state of equilibrium of not moving when the fields have interacted a bit. A spring will not push further than its potential, nor will a magnetic field. It is a field, not a power source

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko

It will find a state of equilibrium of not moving when the fields have interacted a bit. A spring will not push further than its potential, nor will a magnetic field. It is a field, not a power source

...and this is the key to the problem, isn't it?
It's always going to require an external power source in order to generate enough energy to break beyond equilibrium? So perhaps we need to move past the idea of a "perpetual motion" device, and introduce something else into the equation, like a solar panel, for example. I imagine you wouldn't need a HUGE amount of energy to power something that was utilising a magnetic field. I mean, magnetised fans aren't a new concept, and a lot of fans I've seen in the past have used magnetisation to help reduce friction etc.

Surely something like that could be done?

I mean, even the lowly calculator has both a battery to store charge and a solar panel to restore charge....

If you created a fan with a battery to store charge, magnetised blades, magnetised bearings to reduce friction... would the minimal charge offered by a solar panel be enough to coerce the blades into significant movement?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

None of them work.

(video of Muammer Yildiz demonstration)

If that video of a demonstration back in 2010 was mean to convince me that a free energy machine does work, it failed because...
- not even the users at overunity.com believe it to be real.
- it doesnt display constant power, but the RPM drops during the course of the demo, leading me to go with the general consensus that it is battery powered (only the top part was disassembled)
- many web pages assert that Yildiz has scammed people before, and one page says there is a German arrest warrant for him because of one such scam.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i've often had this thought that if you took some powerful magnets into space, encapsulated them into a water system of sorts and got them spinning off each other you could build a zero-gravity perpetual motion device but I don't know how it would work or why etc.. and the idea would be that you could harness the electricity off of a rotating generators like a hydroelectric dam.. I don't know.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Tesla invented this years ago.

It's called a motor.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

- not even the users at overunity.com believe it to be real.

If you want to debunk something, you need proof, not beliefs.

- it doesnt display constant power, but the RPM drops during the course of the demo, leading me to go with the general consensus that it is battery powered (only the top part was disassembled)

That could be caused by many factors.

- many web pages assert that Yildiz has scammed people before, and one page says there is a German arrest warrant for him because of one such scam.

Many webpages state Elvis is an alien, doesn't make it true.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Many webpages state Elvis is an alien, doesn't make it true.

Elvis isn't dead. He just went home.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty

Originally posted by verschickter
We at overunity at least try it and do not sit behind a monitor and make jokes about other ones affords, just to say.

I found that the design would actually Oscilate backwards and forth... so rotating clockwise/anticlockwise as the blades reached a certain point... If thats the case, then the use of a double drive screwdriver to a generator COULD work.....

Permanent magnets are fields but ultimately they are not generating any new energy (just slowly depleting the "captured"energy).

Perpetual motion requires that energy losses to things like friction would need to be overcome. This requires some sort of external source.

Magnetic hysteresis (like magnetic friction) is also an energy waster that needs to be overcome.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I reckon you'd be best wrapping copper wire round it, turning it into a generator then putting it outside on a windy day.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
once again, check my link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

no external power source is needed

funny, I thought I mentioned this on a few threads already? I must be wasting my time

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Nope, it won't work for the simple reason that the effort required to push the permanent magnet into the next field will completely exhaust any kinetic energy gained from the previous magnet.

If your looking for a cheap and abundant power source.....then the only answer is nuclear.

With some more research, who knows? we might be able to harvest energy from the earth's own rotation.

Until it slows to a halt and we fall into a black hole. Thanks Romekje!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am convinced that making a magnet wheel with stationary magnets around it will and does produce spin because I made one.

I used cheap magnets and styrafoam. The idea was just to see if it was possible and the device would turn by itself. Bah humbug all this about magnetic equilibrium. I'm telling you, if you space everything out just right it works. My device fell apart before I could try to add a makeshift generator to the spinning shaft. i have often wanted to re-create the experiment with better materials and stronger magnets and havent had the funds, time, tools etc. But i'm telling you, yes, this is possible.

Forget theory. It's all lies anyway. Just go build one.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

As i said, with some research,

and

who knows...

but yeah i thought of it afterwards myself, might not be the best idea

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join