It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these Fans were magnetised, would it spin by itself???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
If your looking for a cheap and abundant power source.....then the only answer is nuclear.

A answer we regret already!
Deny ignorance and look behind what you´re given on official channels.

Three terms:
Unsafe, subsidized fuel production, not abundant

The only reason why uranium powered nuclear plants are present on this planet is the fact that thorium fuel would not produce weapon grade material.

edit on 1-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Nope, it won't work for the simple reason that the effort required to push the permanent magnet into the next field will completely exhaust any kinetic energy gained from the previous magnet.

If your looking for a cheap and abundant power source.....then the only answer is nuclear.

Thnx for explaining but i totally disagree on the Nuclear part.

harvesting wind, wave motion and solar power are only 3 of the ways to produce abundant and clean energy.

With some more research, who knows? we might be able to harvest energy from the earth's own rotation.

Or have a HUGE "solar panel" in space beaming down energy trough lasers.

Plenty of ways to think of but it all requires investment and the eventual end of the oil era, which we all know won't happen anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I was at friends house the other day and he had this device he'd been messing with. It was a battery, sitting on a magnet, with a copper wire bent into an M. The wire was balanced ontop of the battery using the centre of the M. When the wires ends where aligned with the magnet it bagan to turn. I'm not sure if the battery had anything to do with making it spin or if it was just a spacer, but the acceleration was pretty impressive.

Eta: if they are opposit poles on each fan, they should push away from each other and spin in opposit directions.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Assuming the design works initially, the problem is the magnetic field strength of the blades would wear off pretty quickly in that configuration. Magnetic domains tend to polarise in whatever direction external fields push them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Maybe if it does spin to start with, you could configure it with electromagnetism. Draw power from the spin to collect and send a pulse to keep it spinning.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Maybe, if you stored some of that charge in a capacitor and pulsed it back into the system. I reckon the idea's worth pursuing if you wanted to design a more efficient generator. I suppose you could use electricity to re-magnetise the blades, but that probably defeats the purpose of the OP's idea.
The central problem here is the design must be over 100% efficient to generate more energy than what's going in, and that doesn't seem very possible, given the laws of physics.

edit on 1-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Congratulations, he invented an electro motor.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

That's what I thought. If the battery was taken out and something else used as a spacer, it would not turn, no?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

I don't know to much about this. But if it was congfigured with electro magnets and spun, could you perhaps use harness/convert the power from the spin, collect it and lend some back to power the magnets. Along as you take more power from the spin then you lend back to power the magnets the excess power would be free. Once its had a jump start. So it would depend on how much power it would take to pulse the magnets, and how much you can draw from the spin, via alternators and power stored in batteries.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by XeroOne

I don't know to much about this. But if it was congfigured with electro magnets and spun, could you perhaps use harness/convert the power from the spin, collect it and lend some back to power the magnets. Along as you take more power from the spin then you lend back to power the magnets the excess power would be free. Once its had a jump start. So it would depend on how much power it would take to pulse the magnets, and how much you can draw from the spin, via alternators and power stored in batteries.

That's basically an electric motor, though. You still wouldn't get any more out than what's put in. At best you'd have a more efficient motor.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Ok.
I saw the two fans would spin opposit directions. if you had two battery's, one either side, and an alternator either side, would one alternator and battery power the magnets, and the other... Well whatever you wanted it to? That's kind of what I was getting at. It powers itself, and supply's power to extra battery. I'm just thinking 12v.

edit on 1-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Ain´t gonna work. There is something called a "jule thief", not exactly the same design you mentoined.
Come to overunity and read a bit. Most of your thoughts (here and in other threads) have already been tried and failed.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Dude!

That is the coolest signature I've ever seen!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

I have thought of the following as a concept:

You have a series of tube like structures (no, not the internet). Inside of them you have devices that levitate using the Casmir effect. The levitation of the items would create a "push" then a fall. Presuming that you could then use a generator switch (like using the barium titanate in nanogenerators, which is honestly the best idea I have ever seen in this field), the items that "vibrate" up and down using the Casmir effect would then create a current. The best use of this design would be simply to make them small, and have several working in resonance.

I have considered that magnets used instead of the Casmir effect would likely cancel out due to the EM field, thus negating any current. However, if you avoid employing an EM field altogether, there should be less decoherence and a greater harvesting of electrical current.

My initial thoughts are "this is not over unity, it is just converting one energy field that is largely unaccessible into another energy field that is our primary slave for energy consumption." I am unsure how the Casmir effect degrades over time, but would expect that we could find other quantum effects similar that we could exploit. Like i said, the vibrating nanogenerator that uses the barium titanate switch, layered into banks of by the billions and embedded into our building materials would likely provide all the energy any of us could need just by turning ambient noise/phonetic energy into electricity. Or even tuning them to multiple frequencies and capitalizing on noise, wind, Schumann resonance, etc, etc, etc all at once (diversify the frequencies we extract energy from).
edit on 1-7-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Romekje

Haha. It's always fun finding out who the green kneejerkers are.

Our entire planet is nuclear powered.

Solar is the name of our nuclear energy source.

Had you forgotten or were you educated in North America?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by Im a Marty

Personally I don't think just magnetizing the fans would create a powerful enough magnetic field to work. You would have to bring them very close together to get the effect. It would take electromagnets, but that defeats the purpose.

edit on 7/1/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

EXACTLY...You would need this to be Electrified to generate a strong enough field to have them turn. Plus this design...especially the blades...how do you propose limit the Natural Occurrence of the Blades developing Magnetic Poles?

This is much different than a Fridge Magnet and design, material, shape and even length, width, height as well as curvature. Simple Rule of Thermodynamics...the amount of Energy required to place these Blades in Rotative Motion is going to be greater than placing them in motion plus having them turn a gear.

Split Infinity

What you guys are describing are brush-less dc motors. I do the mechanical design of them at work, as well as the air moving systems they drive.

Another loss, besides the friction in the gears, is the work the fan blades themselves are doing. Plus, these seem to be moving air in opposite directions, which probably won't work so good aerodynamically. Counter-rotating is good, from an efficiency standpoint, but they still need to be working together, not against one another.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Haha. It's always fun finding out who the green kneejerkers are.

When you´re grown up, you will understand it.
I see it because you try to shove me into a drawer "green" because of my statement.

Those:

Our entire planet is nuclear powered.
Solar is the name of our nuclear energy source.

Is the most invalidest pro-nuclear argument I´ve ever heard

Had you forgotten or were you educated in North America?

I was educated in Germany.
Don´t know what your racist comment try´s to archive but I´m more then safe to say my education is far better then yours. It´s not funny to copy sentences you heard on the kitchen table. At least, you should know what you talk about.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I had a different design in mind...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Is the most invalidest pro-nuclear argument I´ve ever heard

Invalidest ?

I was educated in Germany.

No. If you were educated in Germany, then you would have been taught why all of this over-unity crap is....well crap.
Big fail for you.

Don´t know what your racist comment try´s to archive but I´m more then safe to say my education is far better then yours.

Achieve maybe?

Thanks for that....you really showed me!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This is a really cool little project that anyone can do.

Just to note...this effect is not an unknown phenomena, you can see its explanation in most university physics books(engineering level physics anyway)

edit on 1/7/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join