It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these Fans were magnetised, would it spin by itself???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hello all,

I started a thread titled Nitinol Energy Generator design by 3 ATS Members

Where 3 of us are building a source of energy from sunlight to a generator.

However during the process I came across some designs that may work, and would like the advice of the ATS community to see if the below diagram would work.

Imagine that the insides of the blades were magnetised to Positive, the outside to negative. So in effect, its being forced to push against each other as it rotates.... would it actually rotate is the million dollar question??

Your advice would be greatly appreciated

edit on 12/7/1 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Imagine that the insides of the blades were magnetised to Positive, the outside to negative. So in effect, its being forced to push against each other as it rotates.... would it actually rotate is the million dollar question??

No.

There are a million billion gazillion designs of "magnetic motors" that falsely treat magnetism as if it was some kind of "wind" or "pushing force" in a directional sense.

None of them work.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Care to explain why it won't work????

Need more than a 'no' basically, Im not an expert on magnetism, just logically I think this is a sound device... cheers
edit on 12/7/1 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I think in order to do this...that being having a Blade with an interior charge that is opposite to the Blades external Charge...if this is even possible given anything that is charged tends to polarize itself as per structure...you would still probably need more energy to maintain this charge than the blades would produce.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Was thinking of just a magnet in this shape - no charging needed... you know, like a fridge magnet

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Personally I don't think just magnetizing the fans would create a powerful enough magnetic field to work. You would have to bring them very close together to get the effect. It would take electromagnets, but that defeats the purpose.

edit on 7/1/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Care to explain why it won't work????

Consider one rotation of the blades.
They end up at the same point they started.

This is exactly like driving your car up a hill, and then back down to the starting spot.
You expend energy at one moment, and gain at another moment, but the total change in gravitational energy is exactly zero.

In that multi bladed, multi magnet device, the same analogy works for the movement from one blade to the next.

Edit - incidentally, that is also why gravitational free energy machines are a plently... but none of them work.

edit on 1-7-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Yep i hear you, awesome, thanks for the replies

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Hrmmmm I thought since the otherside was magnetised with 'negative', it would shift from positive/positive to negative/negative.... Oh wait..... the point of 0 right??

what if I had them in an array?? like 2 or even 4 sets... at different blade configurations, wouldn't it prevent the point of 0?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Im no expert but isn't magnetism an omni-directional force? This is what would prevent the blades from rotating in one direction, right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You also have to consider the energy spend on magnetizing the blades.
As those magnets can and will worn out over time, I don´t see how it would give you any excess energy.

Edit: And don´t forget about the torque. Even if you get it spinning for ever, you have to consider that you want to use this motion to produce energy. You then will need torque to move a rod to produce electricity with a generator.

edit on 1-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There's this dude in China that is building one. There was another in Australia I believe, he started then he either got bought out or killed so I'd be careful. Check this link peswiki.com...:Wang_Shum_Ho_Generator and what you're looking for are permanent magnets. Hope this helps

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
rationalwiki.org...

Such a device has never been built since the concept violates the laws of thermodynamics. Essentially, even in an ideal machine, with 100% efficiency, it is only possible to get enough power out of it to power the machine itself and no more. In the real world there will always be some inefficiency to deal with, such as friction and the load of the machine itself.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
There's this dude in China that is building one. There was another in Australia I believe ...

Here is a whole website devoted to people building them.
overunity

I visit from time to time to see how they're getting on.
As always, for years now, they're "nearly there".

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
We at overunity at least try it and do not sit behind a monitor and make jokes about other ones affords, just to say.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
We at overunity at least try it and do not sit behind a monitor and make jokes about other ones affords, just to say.

I found that the design would actually Oscilate backwards and forth... so rotating clockwise/anticlockwise as the blades reached a certain point... If thats the case, then the use of a double drive screwdriver to a generator COULD work.....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by Im a Marty

Personally I don't think just magnetizing the fans would create a powerful enough magnetic field to work. You would have to bring them very close together to get the effect. It would take electromagnets, but that defeats the purpose.

edit on 7/1/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

EXACTLY...You would need this to be Electrified to generate a strong enough field to have them turn. Plus this design...especially the blades...how do you propose limit the Natural Occurrence of the Blades developing Magnetic Poles?

This is much different than a Fridge Magnet and design, material, shape and even length, width, height as well as curvature. Simple Rule of Thermodynamics...the amount of Energy required to place these Blades in Rotative Motion is going to be greater than placing them in motion plus having them turn a gear.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
But I doubt that the double screw drivers friction is optimized to the best, so everything you would gain would be lost in friction.

This is why I put my affords into electronic only components.
Rotating magnetic fields and such.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hey Marty, no more dancing?

I'm far from an engineer/scientist so if im completely wrong here, don't bite my head off.

What if you had 1 fixed magnet, and 1 rotating one.
Use 2 different strengths/sizes and have them repel eachother.
mount the rotating (and weakest) magnet off-centre (to prevent equilibrium between the magnets and rotation stopping)

Don't know if this has any merit to it, but i do think you need to work with magnetic fields that vary to keep the motion going. If you use magnets of the same size/strength they will eventually even out and stop.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Nope, it won't work for the simple reason that the effort required to push the permanent magnet into the next field will completely exhaust any kinetic energy gained from the previous magnet.

If your looking for a cheap and abundant power source.....then the only answer is nuclear.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join