It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for the US to grant the Japanese people shelter

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Japan has given us quite a lot in the past and as a people, their nation is very kind and has one of the lowest amount of crimes in the world (and they consider drugs a very serious crime). en.wikipedia.org... (yes it's wiki but there are sources) I'm not saying that because of this they earned their way into the US, no, they tend to be very strong (will-full) and well behaved in disaster scenarios and their rules of politeness show no bound.

I could understand the logic of not wanting them to emigrate anywhere in the world if they were all part of the Yakuza, but we all know that's not the case. There exists the natural law of the weak can die, and the strong can survive, and in many ways that's how a civilization can survive. However, a lot of these citizens are strong, eager to work or create their own work, factories could be moved, and so on... It would be crowded in the US for certain, Japan's population is a third of ours, but that doesn't mean we can't find a way to cope. Those responsible for the destruction of their country (assuming it was destroyed) should be left there in my opinion, but the innocent that try to do their best every day could end up dead because of stubborn allies. It's not their fault that their leaders lied to them, deceived them, and conned them into their own demise (again assuming it were to happen).

How would you feel if Obama, or whoever runs your country completely destroys it and you had to evacuate to another country but everyone said no? It would be terrible, and all you would be able to do is wait for death. I'm not agreeing in allowing for example mexicans amnesty because their country is riddled in crimes, no... If there's absolutely no way to survive, such as an apocalyptic scenario, I believe that as brothers and sisters, we should work together to protecting fellow people, even if reasonable sacrifices are needed.

We were given the gift of reason, we should use it to better ourselves instead of using as a tool for death and superiority. But again, that's just my opinion.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
It would be a very noble deed to offer the Japanese shelter. It would put the US in a much better light.
as well, like noted in the OP i can imagine a lot of benefits for the US, since america desperately needs economical growth. This can only be achieved through bigger population, or more war. So a bigger population would be the better solution. The japanese would come with knowledge and manpower.

And the need for a lot of new infrastructure would boost the economy.

On the other hand i doubt that Japan would take the offer.

As i know the Japanese culture (unfortunately only from far away, never been there) one of the most important thing is not to loose face. Abandoning the whole country would be humiliating. Having to be the guest of the former enemy - even more so.

If you loose face the only way to restore the honour for your country, company or family is the 'seppuku'.
The ritual suicide.

In Japan there are 3 systems you HAVE to abide to:
1. The country
2. The company
3. The family

After the Tsunami Russia and other countries offered to help with equipment, manpower and the knowledge gained in tchernobyl. The japanese gov turned the offer down.
(after the Kobe earthquake years ago, the allowed foreign search troops with dogs in, but the dogs had to stay 3days in quarantine, since it s the rule. People die or not, if there is a rule in Japan it HAS to be obeyed..)

From the hagakure (the book of the samurais):
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

edit on 16-7-2012 by svetlana84 because: Typ oh's

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

After the Tsunami Russia and other countries offered to help with equipment, manpower and the knowledge gained in tchernobyl. The japanese gov turned the offer down.

That's because the company in charge (TEPCO) is corrupt and didn't want to be caught out.

You should be aware of more than just biased ideology when you think about giving away a chunk of America to people you clearly don't understand.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join