It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How i deal with employment scams ..read if you feel how i feel :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Mods i am not sure really to put this thread , so i stuck it here , cause i am indeed deconstructing disinformation posted by phony scummy scammy people who are feeding off the innocent honest people like my self who are looking for employment .

with that said , i have recently been looking for employment and its been a very hard struggle , but from 9 to 5 i am constantly searching . and one of the outlets i use is craigslist . I KNOW I KNOW , not a good place to look , but i know their are real jobs people post , a good friend of mind landed a 50k a year job through the list , also it seems more company's seems to use it cause it's free and their is not any kind of charge .

I am a hard working man i have always worked hard , been on my own since i was 17 , i am a single father of two , and today i just got fed up with all the scams that seem to be getting more and more elaborate ! but with a little bit of research you can call them out on it most of the time like i did in this e-mail

also you can report them if you feel its a scam , their is a link in the e-mail

pardon my spelling and all that

humbly

Lightningstrikeshere

edit on 1-7-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
sorry i hit post before i was done

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If I had no job there are a few things that have worked for me in the past. These are simple ideas that allow you to make a lot of money if you are in the right place.

1. Start a lawn care business. You need to be in a location that (a) gets lots of rain and (b) is not economically depressed. You might also seek out a location with lots of retirees. They have money and are getting tired of working. This worked for me but your mileage may vary.

2. Go to work as a pizza delivery man. People make fun of this, but if you seek out a very busy store in a very amped up economy it can be a goldmine. Hustle like hell and work you way up. There are many millionaires in the pizza biz who started as drivers or some other lowly position in that business.

I made a lot of money in both of these businesses. It is up to you. I have been out of it for a long time.

It is also a good idea to be very very lucky.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

I hear you brother! I went through the same thing for a year and a half. I finally gave up and went back to college. I was getting so sick of wasting my time filling out applications and then finding out it was BS. It was kind of funny how so many HR managers are out there looking for employees and they have a Hotmail or Gmail account. I would say "If you are legit, please send me an email using your company email address". I would never hear from them again!

Good Luck on the job search. Try "Indeed". They have about 4 or 5 job lists they combine.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

ya, i have thought about this , but in my area for this type of work their is serious competition

thanks you for the reply my good man

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjbaggins
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

I hear you brother! I went through the same thing for a year and a half. I finally gave up and went back to college. I was getting so sick of wasting my time filling out applications and then finding out it was BS. It was kind of funny how so many HR managers are out there looking for employees and they have a Hotmail or Gmail account. I would say "If you are legit, please send me an email using your company email address". I would never hear from them again!

Good Luck on the job search. Try "Indeed". They have about 4 or 5 job lists they combine.

ya , i have done the same , but its getting to the point where i need to work , if i was more stable i would be able to finish school ,

i have tried indeed, that is a good site , i guess it comes down to just pressing forward and not giving up

thank you for the reply kind sir

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There are a lot of scams out there, Nigerian money, online dating even had someone try and scam me when renting out a room. The job market is also fought with danger and even more so as people will continue to become more desperate as the economy continues to slide. When looking for work it is important to research your employer like they research you.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

yes , you are correct here , but you know at least i can see through the B.S now

thanks for your reply

humbly

LSH

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
so , i have not gotten a reply back from the sender , i am going to go ahead and report them , so i was correct
watch out for the scams people

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have given up on Craigslist. First there was the guy who was supposed to be a writer that looking for a college student to help with some transcription, editing and cooking and cleaning part time sounded interesting. Guy wanted me to not bring anyone with me to the interview at his house (not me buddy) and started asking questions like my age and weight. Second was a company looking for a receptionist specifically a female one and they wanted me to send them a full length pic of myself. ???? PERVS!

Or you get a job that sounds great and it turns out to be a temp service that doesn't have any work at the time but they hire for jobs like that all the time so please come in and fill out and application. If you didn't have a job why post one and make me waste my time and gas for a job that may or may not exist at some point in the future.

Or there are the unsolicited replies to your resume that have nothing to do with your skill set or experience but gee you would be great for a sales position or a management/franchise opportunity we have, NO THANKS!

Or all the admin, support, customer service jobs posted that turn out to be telemarketing or stripping.

I have very bad thoughts about the many bad thing I would like to do to these people. It keeps me awake at night.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Lady , i have also seen the same ads , it is indeed frustrating , it would be nice if their was some way the list could implement something that would not allow people to get scammed like this .... believe you me ! i understand how mad you are !

thanks for the reply

LSH

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
My husband and I were both unemployed and found work at temp services. BOTH jobs ended within a week of each other and we haven't been able to find anything since. The rent is a month behind (we had been three behind when we started) the power is getting shut off tomorrow or the day after the phone well I can't believe it's till on. we have sold both our cars, turned off the cable, sold stuff like my collection of comics and action figures at this point I don't know what we are going to do. I guess look for a cart with four good wheels. I keep thinking it can't get any worse.

I wish you luck in finding work. Have you thought of going back to school? I went back to college thinking this would be over by the time I finished, Well now I find I am less employable (out work force two years and too educated/skilled for the 7-11 to hire me) and I am in debt for the first time in my life. Anyway keep your chin up. Don't let it beat you! Best wishes OP

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
One thing you could consider to bring a little income is cleaning gutters. I see signs for this with phone numbers. They usually go for $50 a job.

In this area there is a company called 2 Guys and a Truck. Not saying you have a truck, but maybe it will trigger a thought of something you could do.

new topics

top topics

join