It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Story Of Christ Is A Metaphor For Actualizing Perfect Reality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

This is brilliant and I applaud you. You have seen the metaphor and applied it well, in a way that people can understand (perhaps). There are many more metaphors scattered throughout the various 'religions' of the world. If you put them all together, you get the same result.

edit: just read the other posts and someone has already said this, in a more articulate way :p I still stand by it
edit on 3-7-2012 by Tasmanaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Which is part of becoming God again, balancing the two. Yin and Yang, Darkness and Light. Which is what many freemasonry teachings tell you. However, I don't think 'God' is any definitive person, it is everything.
edit on 3-7-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

reply to post by Korg Trinity

Please tell me what 'the greater good' is.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Actions or inactions that bennefit others even at your own personal sacrifice...

Simple sentance yet hard to put in practice wouldn't you say??

Korg.

All others or just the ones your particular culture support??

The greater good includes everyone of course!!

I know I know a concept so out there isn't it??

Peace.

Korg.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

One doesn't need Freemasonry to come to that conclusion. Studying comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism will get you there all on your own.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Did you hear about the monkey who pulled the fish out of the water to save it from drowning?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

LOL Not knocking ya, I'm just wondering what good is religion if everyone follows their own idea on what the bible and Jesus is telling you.
edit on 7/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

LOL Not knocking ya, I'm just wondering what good is religion if everyone follows their own idea on what the bible and Jesus is telling you.
edit on 7/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Who has the correct idea on what the bible and Jesus is telling us, and how do you determine that?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Did you hear about the monkey who pulled the fish out of the water to save it from drowning?

This is not a question of perspective or fore knowledge it is more about going out of your way to help others... putting other before yourself....

Peace,

Korg,

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not one person in this thread has 'Christ conscience'....i.e. not Christ consciousness. What the hell is Christ consciousness if not a narcissistic personality disorder? It's strikingly obvious that none of the people in this thread have shown the slightest interest in the issues that I believe Jesus would have been interested in. All you lot care about is refining your own internal sensations.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFogHorn
Not one person in this thread has 'Christ conscience'....i.e. not Christ consciousness. What the hell is Christ consciousness if not a narcissistic personality disorder? It's strikingly obvious that none of the people in this thread have shown the slightest interest in the issues that I believe Jesus would have been interested in. All you lot care about is refining your own internal sensations.

Im wondering how exactly you would know that none here have this "christ consciousness"?

And how exactly the idea behind said state can be associated with narcissism?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Im wondering how exactly you would know that none here have this "christ consciousness"?

Re-read my comment. I said none has 'Christ conscience'....a play on words and sounds.

The quest for Christ consciousness, I believe, attracts more narcissistic types due to it being focused on the self, to do with gaining omniscience (knowledge is power) and is a rather vain and self indulgent practice. In its extremes, people become so internalised they become totally unaffected by their surroundings, hence the lack of participation of posters on here in threads regarding human suffering. It becomes a bit like sitting calmly while looking at yourself in the mirror, totally oblivious of the world around you. Now that's great if the world around you doesn't need a few people to get up and do something to help make things better.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Re-read my comment. I said none has 'Christ conscience'....a play on words and sounds.

The quest for Christ consciousness, I believe, attracts more narcissistic types due to it being focused on the self, to do with gaining omniscience (knowledge is power) and is a rather vain and self indulgent practice. In its extremes, people become so internalised they become totally unaffected by their surroundings, hence the lack of participation of posters on here in threads regarding human suffering. It becomes a bit like sitting calmly while looking at yourself in the mirror, totally oblivious of the world around you. Now that's great if the world around you doesn't need a few people to get up and do something to help make things better.

Well... like christianity there are people that claim to understand Christ and actually do not. Im sure theres plenty of people Masqurading under the guise of "christ conscienceness" but those people are usually easy enough to route out.

Though its true, knowledge is power... but the power i speak of is power over the self... and its not for selfish intentions. I don't think one can make a blanket generalization about such a subject...

Anyone who claims "christ consciousness" and shows selfish intentions is only fooling themselves... perhaps a few others that do not understand the concept either i suppose.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

Jesus overcame the world by realizing that there is no world. The world is not important in the grand scheme of things. He said you will find the kingdom through 'me'. You have to turn toward the 'me' to find the father (the source).
The world is no more than an idea in your head. All you will ever know is presence and that is what Jesus was pointing to- the presence of the lord. The lord, the kingdom, is right here and right now. All you need to do is realize 'this' and you will be free of the human condition of suffering.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join