It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results from a Ghost Hunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Finally back from some college summer classes, and as I said I would from this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have here what I captured from my ghost hunt.

Here's where I went ghost Hunting. Frackville Elementary Building:
www.experienceproject.com...

Here's a short summery. There's an old elementary building in my town that's supposed to be haunted. I got the opportunity to go ghost hunting there. Now I'm not really a believer in ghosts, but this is how I think about it. Why not find out for yourself? So I did. Me and a few friends headed over to the school(now currently the towns building, only 2nd floor is being uses, rest is empty/left over stuff) around 12pm and started scoping the place out. Pretty much this wasn't meant to be anything professional, it was meant to be more fun. Well, it was fun, and scary. We also got some activity. It's weird because what we captured/heard is what the police officers/whoever works there describes what happens to them on a daily basis. Knocks on walls, fingers against vent sounds, giggling/laughing, stuff moving, whispering. Me and my friends experienced all of this. I have some of it captured as well.

The equipment we used was nothing special. I had a HD camera, and my friends were using there smartphones phones audio recorder. We also had a EMF detector, that we didn't really use to much, it was left over from previous paranormal investigation teams.

Now, I'm usually pretty busy so I didn't get to dissect all the audio/video. Along with the audio I found I will include all the original audio clips straight from the phone/camera for all who are interested in finding anything I missed (I'm sure it's a lot).
I used audacity to examine the audio, and backed up the original audio encase I somehow deleted/messed it up while examining them. All of my clips are in .wav (lossless format) format aside from the original audio.

Also, the original audio with the V in the name means I got activity in it. Example "Voice 24 V"
The first few original audio clips are mainly us checking out the area. It gets more serious later on. Again we did this for the fun of it, it was by no means supposed to be professional.

I'm only going to paste the audio clips for right now, as the video clips are like 400mb each. I extracted the audio from one of the video's where I left the camera on the 3rd floor, because I got some activity in this.

Note: when listening to the clips of Audio I have make sure you're using headphones and turn the sound up all the way as its a bit quite, also my clips are also amplified in some spots.

I feel like i'm pretty vague with the details and the audio clips. So if you have any questions about anything, just ask.

Here's the audio. it's in a .rar because of file size. I hope it doesn't affect the audio quality.

www.strictlyawesome.com/Audio.rar

Edit: Forgot to add, in one of the clips, I think its Voice 22 V, Near the end of the video me and my friend threw a wood flag pole we found laying around. We thought it'd be funny to mess with my 2 friends who were in the old girl scouts room. Figured I'd add this in so you're not thinking WTF. It's near the last 15 seconds of the clip.

edit on 1-7-2012 by Guard5002 because: Forgot something

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to put this together, The file is big, so will have to wait to hear from a work computer

Look forward to hearing the results

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Thanks, I didn't mention this but we actually went back a second time, we didn't get much activity until like 2am. I have the audio on my phone now which i can copy over and check over later, but I also have video back from my house from the first and second trip. The crazy part about the 2nd trip is I set a camera up in the Gymnasium and had it facing a basketball. Well you can hear the freezer turn on (Gym dubbed as a cafeteria) which isnt anything special, but like 10 seconds later you can hear this door SLAM open, random mumbling noises, and it slams shut within a 15 second time span. Now this was at I think 1 in the morning and the only one who had access to the gym was me and the police offers who said they didn't go in there at all. Kind of creepy. I'll try and get the videos up ASAP but i'm back to summer classes so I wont be back home till the 10th-13th

The other audio clips should hopefully be up in a few days

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
very cool. i'm looking forward to the video when you get back to upload it. sounds scary. i probably would have had a heart attack at some point LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I was checking out the clips again and something interesting. In the 3rd floor static audio clip, near 5:35 you hear a door lock twice, or door turn, then a HUGE gust of wind. It's not a draft because there were no drafts in the hall way, if anything a small draft, but in audacity it goes from small tiny spikes(which is the static/background noise) and it suddenly jumps.

So I updated Audio.rar the file is called doorlockandwindgust.wav

it's pretty creepy

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Updated the audio again, I finally have more free time to start combing through the audio from the first trip. Going to start checking out the audio from the 2nd trip later today. I'll have the video's uploaded later this week probably Friday. The videos are about 400-700MB in size because there .avi straight from my camera.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this! I can't imagine the adrenaline rushes you must get while doing this sort of thing. While I am not sold on the idea that people die and come back as ghosts, I do believe there are things that exist in this universe that are just ever so slightly out of our grasp.

join