It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa/UFO hacker Gary McKinnon extradition **UPDATE**

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
**UFO hacker extradition
treaty ‘lopsided’ says MP**

It seems our government is still trying to get this guy in our custody. I haven't heard anything new about this case in a while so here ya go...

www.whtimes.co.uk...

A TREATY between the US and UK, under which UFO hacker Gary McKinnon could be sent to the US, removes seven Britons for every one American sent here. That is the claim made by Tory MP Dominic Raab just weeks ahead of a decision on whether Mr McKinnon, whose mother Janis Sharp lives in Brookmans Park, will be extradited to face hacking charges. Mr Raab said: “When critics point to the lopsided nature of the relationship, they are right. “In the last six months, Britain extradited more of its nationals under the treaty than America has since 2004. “Overall, we surrender our nationals at a rate of seven for every one American extradited here.” Ms Sharp told the WHT: “That’s true. “The US has five times the population we do so they should have extradited five times as many people. But their constitution protects them but who protects us – no one.” She said it was impossible for the UK to extradite US nationals who had allegedly committed crimes in the US, but UK citizens, like Mr McKinnon, who stood accused of committing offences in the UK, were afforded no such protection.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

This guy did nothing wrong apart from make the US govt. butt hurt like crazy. He should be commended not punished for showing how stupidly arrogant the officials in the US are. Something which anon do all the time. If the UK do let him be extradited then they are complicit in a crime against humanity, if you ask me.

Just think if it had been anyone with ill intent - who could have done severe damage to the systems, compromised data, or even gained long term infiltration without notice. All he did was look.

Begs the question what is more important? Being the top super power, or simply being see to be the top super power.

The latter rings true in this case... their weak security allowed him access, not very secure at all.. but they're going after him like he's friggen saddam..

sad...

and the worst part is, they know this... sheer arrogance..

edit on 1-7-2012 by mainidh because: never change your mind and leave a homonym in place. golly gee willikers!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

This guy did nothing wrong apart from make the US govt. butt hurt like crazy. He should be commended not punished for showing how stupidly arrogant the officials in the US are. Something which anon do all the time. If the UK do let him be extradited then they are complicit in a crime against humanity, if you ask me.

Just think if it had been anyone with ill intent - who could have done severe damage to the systems, compromised data, or even gained long term infiltration without notice. All he did was look.

Begs the question what is more important? Being the top super power, or simply being see to be the top super power.

The latter rings true in this case... their weak security allowed him access, not very secure at all.. but they're going after him like he's friggen saddam..

sad...

and the worst part is, they know this... sheer arrogance..

edit on 1-7-2012 by mainidh because: never change your mind and leave a homonym in place. golly gee willikers!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Great stuff.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
So this Gary guy... any way to see what he found? What was the object creating so much pain in the US's arse?

Edit: nevermind -
Gary McKinnon on Wikipedia
Just wish he could have saved his exploits - and upload to a public site. Make that shi..p go viral.

edit on 1/7/12 by PadawanGandalf because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/7/12 by PadawanGandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I get the back-story here but i don't see what there really is to talk about. The guys says he hacked a couple of computers at NASA and saw some "geodesic spheres" or something. That is great, but he has absolutely no proof for what he did except for the fact he got caught hacking. I watched this guys story a while back and I must agree i was somewhat interested in his story, however if I listened to every guy who had Downs syndrome, smoked lots of pot and told stories..well i might have lots of stories. As far as extradition goes the only thing i can say as an american, is this is people need rise!!! What else can we do? Gary is not really on the top of the protest list, bad timing....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Down's Syndrome?

The US just has to accept that they are crap and either improve vastly or get over it. Prosecuting anyone and everyone when they get caught with their pants down isn't going to make things better. They need to learn lessons from the likes of McKinnon and Assange, not drag them through courts.

If you want to keep skeletons and dirty laundry in your closets, be sure the stench doesn't attract flies and make sure the damn things are locked up tight. Crying in your milk about it just demonstrates your failure even further.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
And still this Gary MCK got one big nothing, no UFOs, no aliens, picture or information. This claim that he saw smth was just to raise his popularity back in his hacker days.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
And still this Gary MCK got one big nothing, no UFOs, no aliens, picture or information. This claim that he saw smth was just to raise his popularity back in his hacker days.

Effectively that is true, we got nothing apart from an uncorroborated story although fantastic as his story may be, it kind of echos with sounds of truth to me.

He must've seen some stuff which was pretty sensitive or the U.S. wouldn't have been chasing him for this long. And for the umpteenth time, he wasn't a hacker, he used default passwords which hadn't been changed.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It wasn´t even a real hack, he just tried blank/obvious passwords for what I know and read some years ago

I don´t think he will be send to USA, but this is just my gut feeling and I could be proven wrong in two weeks.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I don't think he's beeing deported because of "what he found" but because of "what he did".
I suppose the US policiy regarding intrusion into classified documents is pretty rigid.

They have to take him to court in order to preserve the whole "don't # with us" concept.
I mean... that's how they managed to keep stuff out of our knowledge/control so far...

If I remember well, Garry declared he found some names of officers or commanders in the Nasa that were based "off Earth"... or something like this.
Don't we need those kind of myths in our hyperactive, hyper-real societies?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logiciel
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I don't think he's beeing deported because of "what he found" but because of "what he did".
I suppose the US policiy regarding intrusion into classified documents is pretty rigid.

They have to take him to court in order to preserve the whole "don't # with us" concept.
I mean... that's how they managed to keep stuff out of our knowledge/control so far...

If I remember well, Garry declared he found some names of officers or commanders in the Nasa that were based "off Earth"... or something like this.
Don't we need those kind of myths in our hyperactive, hyper-real societies?

But the guy did not leek photos of bases on the moon or anything. He really did no good for ufology or answering any questions so why are we supporting him at all. Just because he is related to ufology in some way we are going to fight the powers that be, and complain about the system persecuting the people. Julian is special case because he actually did something good and is getting the extradition call. All i am saying is lets not mix the 2 up just because you like UFO's.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hacking anything gets you sent to jail or whatever. He hacked NASA y should he be rewarded? They should send him in a personalized 5'x'5 Rocket ship and send his ass out to space with only enough fuel to get there, let him hack his way back to earth... Terrorists...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I assume you don´t know the difference between a hacker and a cracker.
I also assume you´re joking.
Correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

Since 11.09.2001, everyone is a terrorist to the USA that do not share the same interests.
edit on 1-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The point is that the treaty he's being extradited under is ridiculous and should be torn up immediately.

Until the US law is amended to allow extradition of US nationals to other nations then nobody should be extradited to the USA.

When that fundamental imbalance is addressed and the evidence is presented to a UK judge for evaluation (and found reasonable) then he can be extradited. Not before.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Hacking anything gets you sent to jail or whatever. He hacked NASA y should he be rewarded? They should send him in a personalized 5'x'5 Rocket ship and send his ass out to space with only enough fuel to get there, let him hack his way back to earth... Terrorists...

your government must love people like you. Last tine i checked,
your government, as with other governments, are the terrorists!

As for gary, to call him a terrorist, is going a bit OTT. Just be thankful is was not "real" terrorist, who do actually want to harm you. He was not even an expert. Thats how easy it was for him to get access. All with a pearl scrift, as far as i know.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by dayve

I assume you don´t know the difference between a hacker and a cracker.
I also assume you´re joking.
Correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

Since 11.09.2001, everyone is a terrorist to the USA that do not share the same interests.
edit on 1-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

No need to split hairs, terrorists come in many different forms shapes n sizes.... And he is a threat to NASA. Therefor, he is a terrrrrrrorists....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

My God! How conditioned and brainwashed are you?
How the hell does that make him a terrorist? He was
not looking to harm anyone, he was just looking for
free energy and ufo evidence! That does not make him
a terrorist!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yet this sick bastard gets to stay in the UK...

Shawn Sullivan

One of America's most-wanted paedophiles can walk the streets of Britain a free man after the High Court ruled that extraditing him to the US would breach his human rights.
Convicted paedophile Shawn Sullivan has been a wanted man since 1994 for allegedly molesting two 11-year-old girls and having unlawful sex with a girl of 14 in Minnesota.
If extradited to America and found guilty he could face 25 years jail on each count.
But two senior judges demanded assurances from the US Government that Sullivan - who lives in the affluent London suburb of Barnes with his Ministry of Justice worker wife - would not be put into a controversial sex offenders' treatment programme.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I think I want to puke.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Its a sick world we live in, and even sicker people running it

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by dayve

My God! How conditioned and brainwashed are you?
How the hell does that make him a terrorist? He was
not looking to harm anyone, he was just looking for
free energy and ufo evidence! That does not make him
a terrorist!

Star for you because you said what I was thinking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join