It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Metaphysical Execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
(Disclaimer: No ideas were harmed in this parody.)

We, the majority, hereby condemn LesMisanthrope to death by metaphysical hanging.

Before you do me in, allow me a few words so that I may feel at peace.

I, LesMisanthrope, am but an avatar; a projection of someone’s thoughts and keystrokes. I am an ever growing and constantly fluctuating idea manifested from the context of someone’s boredom. I exist simply because he refuses to get any work done. I persist as a result of his procrastination. To you I am but words on a screen. I am an abstract spirit, and it seems I am about to be put to death.

I’ve been too critical of the spirit world and this whole realm of ideas. I kind of like it here existing as some formless entity on the internet, but I feel out of place. Maybe I yearn to have a body, to be able to taste, to feel and love. As a spirit, I don’t get to experience such luxuries. I sometimes hear poor souls yearning for the existence of a spirit—maybe in some afterlife or stream of consciousness—but why? If the spirits there are anything like the spirits here, I would be hard-pressed to find a good enough reason to want to hurry. What are we capable of creating without a body but mere opinions? Must we look forward to trolls and mediocrity in the spirit world? Here, where we let our spirits run amok, we drown out any spark of brilliance with a flood of repetitiveness. I will come across a thousand Justin Beibers before I come across one Jacques Derrida. If the hive mind of the internet and the apparent immoral and mediocre wasteland it produces is showing us one thing, this place—like the afterworld, the ascension, or wherever we can leave the body and live as spirits—seems unliveable and more dangerous than real life.

Like ideologies, institutions and religion, I am an idea. Just as easily as an idea can plant its parasitic roots in the mind, it can be destroyed. New trees can grow where a forest once stood. We hold the ability to destroy an idea with a thought and the creativity to rebuild in its place. And as you destroy me now, know that I am not real and I will feel no pain; know that in my place will be no void but a blank canvas.

Lastly—and I appreciate your patience—I want to depart some of my most important wisdom: when that time comes, and you feel truth is near—

*snap*

RIP LesMisanthrope

October 12, 2011 — June 30th, 2012

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Very well , comprised with elegant composure and dignity of the out most

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Ill incorprate eveything of you i find valuable and like frankenstiens monster i will bring you to life in the labratory of my mind for conversations you can do nothing to stop.

I will force life upon you.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Will you reincarnate?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I hereby extend to you a Metaphysical Pardon on behalf of the ATS membership. While it may be too late, at least your spirit can rest knowing that LesMisanthrope was righteous and died an innocent death.
edit on 1/7/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

We, the majority, hereby condemn LesMisanthrope to death by metaphysical hanging.

*snap*

RIP LesMisanthrope

October 12, 2011 — June 30th, 2012

Who would have thought.....

LesMisanthrope succumbs in under a year to the vicious pack-mind of those lost and misguided New Agers.

edit on 1/7/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
He will resurrect in exactly 3 days. Or he is coming out a vaginal canal somewhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'll see you on the other side. That's where the real work awaits us.

As for the loud, crass and stridently ignorant of this realm, god help 'em. Whatever it is that they embrace as a god anyway. They're beyond lost to their own wonderful illusions. and I'm okay with that. I just appreciate the fact that they'll always be available here and on so many other public debate platforms to help me work out on when I feel the need to get some exercise.

Have fun.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
He will resurrect in exactly 3 days. Or he is coming out a vaginal canal somewhere.

I read a book called "The physics of the afterlife", they used maths and peoples reincarnation experiences to postulate that we re-appear around 53 years after we die.
Just another useless factoid for you.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join