It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've had enough.....(for now).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hi.

Is this the “rant forum”? It is. Good because I am going to rant like a mother #er!

To begin with why in the hell would you visit and then decide to join a conspiracy website if you don’t believe any of the stories? I’m not going to name names because that’s against the rules and I wouldn’t want to break the rules but there are members who do nothing but try to debunk everything. I guess that’s fine but it’s just so negative all the time.

Some of you people are such tight asses I bet if you stuck a piece of coal up there you could poop out a diamond in 24 hours. Honestly somebody responded to one of my posts today just to say what I said was inappropriate. Really dude I don’t give a damn what you think. Again I’m not naming names but you know who you are and I hope you read this.

There’s more but I’m going to save that for next time.

I’m taking a vacation but I’ll be back.

Don’t miss me too much.

I'm out.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning, hence my infrequent visits (except for the last couple of weeks).
It just isn't worth trying to debate everything, unless you have an arsenal of "evidence". But there isn't much evidence when it comes to conspiracies in general.........just a whole lot of out there thinking, and personal experience.

Have an awesome break mate

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

To begin with why in the hell would you visit and then decide to join a conspiracy website if you don’t believe any of the stories? I’m not going to name names because that’s against the rules and I wouldn’t want to break the rules but there are members who do nothing but try to debunk everything.

The sites motto of Deny Ignorance, ring any bells?

So you are leaving angry because everybody doesn't believe everything posted here? I for one prefer that not everyone agree on every thread here, that would be boring and would hardly be denying ignorance...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I joined this website to discuss the possibilities of UFO's and extra terrestrial life, and things of the supernatural but then I see there are so many nut jobs that think lizards are among us, people are reptiles, every god damned spot in space is a ufo, the sun is a light bulb, the stars are holograms, the earth is hollow, the CIA is actually in control of the middle east, and all sorts of complete bollocks.

Yeah I get you OP. So many idiots out there, not naming names..

lol

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I am one of the least tolerant people here, or so I believe, and yet I have found a way to try to weed out the ignorance. Based on my threads and posts you would think that I was the most understanding. This is because I treat this place as a learning environment, and a sharing one.

If I was to take everything personal then I would not learn a thing.

Take a deep breath, and realize that this being a "conspiracy site" leaves all types of possibilities, and you overcoming the challenges is part of your growth

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This site would turn into a Youtube comment section or, dare i say, a copy of GLP overnight without the debunkers.

I love to hate them, they keep my thoughts balanced and it's not like they will ever change my own firm beliefs.

They can be annoying yes, and their numbers seem to be increasing, but there's simply nothing you can do about that. (apart from ranting ofcourse
)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

This is definitely by far THE best site for all types of conspiracy......and I agree with other posters about denying ignorance, but even I see that some people (no names!) come on here purely to debunk without a shred of proof. It's like they don't believe ANYTHING at all. As I stated before, there are things I've experienced first hand with a witness or two, but wouldn't dare make threads on these subjects as I have no proof and don't want to be lumped in with the "reptiles are everywhere" and "the sun just blew out Uranus" crew.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Believing anything you see here a horrible idea, just like believing everything the MSM says. The point of websites like these are to hear stories and to discuss ideas you normally wouldn't hear about.

I've been browsing this site for awhile and i've seen some great threads, then i've seen come pretty crazy threads.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Guard5002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I'll name a name for you: that inveterate debunker, Astyanax.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, at least not the idiotic ones that are bandied about on Above Top Secret. I don't believe the Illuminati, the New World Order or any other elite group is running the world. I don't believe human beings were created by aliens, or that they are being abducted by aliens, or that aliens are in cahoots with human governments and authorities. I don't believe the Moon landings were faked, or that NASA is engaged some mysterious cover-up. I don't believe in quantum consciousness, 9/11 conspiracies, chemtrails, or any of the other rabble-rousing rubbish that the internet has turned into contemporary myth.

On Above Top Secret, I do my best to make a case for truth, objectivity and sanity. I believe this is important in a world that is up to its nostrils in nonsense, hysteria and lies. Although I mainly come here for entertainment, I am also strongly committed to debunking the various flavours of nonsense that flourish on ATS. There are many like me, and we shall prevail in the end, because we are truth, and all the rest is lies.

edit on 1/7/12 by Astyanax because: of lies.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I like the debunkers, they are like a filter to confirm what I can and can't talk about in the real world.

If there's a story on here that that hasn't been debunked then I have a green light to talk about it to friends!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I don't believe the Illuminati, the New World Order or any other elite group is running the world.

Oh really?

What was this guy on about then?

And this guy?

And this guy?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

i can see why you feel the way you do.
it's people like you that help keep a level of reason these threads need.

i am open to all the theories posted at ATS. as long as the supporters of those theories approach the topic with a level head.

i don't like the people who when asked a question, respond with a expletive filled post.

here is a recent example from a post i made. i merely asked for clarification from the original poster. i got this response.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*scratches head and sighs*

-subfab

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I don't care about people not agreeing, what I hate is when people just say you're wrong but offer no reason for their claim. So you provide more evidence that you're actually not wrong and they just ignore it.

Too many people think they know stuff that they are actually clueless about. Specifically economic and political systems. Most peoples opinions are just based on biased propaganda not reality.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

very true.

the power of propaganda sometimes is more powerful (and violent) than truth. i've seen people get very angry when confronted with facts that contradict their political stances.

-subfab

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
I joined this website to discuss the possibilities of UFO's and extra terrestrial life, and things of the supernatural but then I see there are so many nut jobs that think lizards are among us, people are reptiles, every god damned spot in space is a ufo, the sun is a light bulb, the stars are holograms, the earth is hollow, the CIA is actually in control of the middle east, and all sorts of complete bollocks.

Yeah I get you OP. So many idiots out there, not naming names..

lol

Are you saying none of those are true? Dash all of my beliefs, why don't you.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Everyone has their version of the truth OP. It's what makes us individuals, and it's what makes a site like this work.

The members I have the most respect for here are not believers, unbelievers, or debunkers. I appreciate the true skeptics on this site. Those who aren't above questioning anything and everything to get to a semblance of truth. They are not zealots, and they aren't above re-examining their own beliefs, as well as encouraging you to re-examine yours. They try to be as objective as possible, no matter the topic. These folks are our gems. And it's too bad the rest of us don't follow their example.

Debunkers are not skeptics! They are no more than subjective zealots who are convinced you should be reasonable, and see it their way.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm a non-conformist, and I believe in finding things out for myself. I'm tired of control freaks telling me I can't read this, I can't do that, so it's really only on sites like this that I can get any kind of alternate information. The authoritarian control freaks that run this country always suppress information that disagrees with or threatens their agenda.

I'm also a fan of alternate histories and things like that. I find them interesting and entertaining.

And for me to believe, all I really want is hard evidence, and not just claims and argumentation.

After all, extraordinary claims do require extraordinary evidence.

What I can't stand is that some of these things are treated like they're another religion, because the die hard true believers are not open minded to the other side, such as the birthers who no matter what evidence to show that they're wrong, they will never believe anything other than obama is a Kenyan.

I believe in basing my conclusions on what the evidence says, not on what I want to or don't want to believe.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Everyone has their version of the truth OP.

There are no versions of the truth, only truth. You mean everyone has an opinion, some based on reality and some not.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Klassified

Everyone has their version of the truth OP.

There are no versions of the truth, only truth. You mean everyone has an opinion, some based on reality and some not.

Agreed. But for some people, their opinion IS the truth. Their perception of reality IS reality. Just ask them. And this is why I stated it the way I did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join