It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just joined, been reading these forums forever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hi everyone,
I am 42 years old and have been on a 20 plus year search for the truth and the answers to life's most puzzling questions. I was born in the UK and migrated to Australia with my family when I was 5 years old in 1974. When I was about 9 or 10 years old a great family friend of ours gave me a copy of Stan Deyo - The Cosmic Conspiracy for my birthday as I was always interested in UFO's and other mysteries. I was way too young at the time to even start to comprehend the book so I never really read it except for a glance or two. A couple of years later the same people gave me a copy of The Bermuda Triangle, can't remember who wrote it now. Anyway I did read the whole of that book at that time and found that it contained quite a few interesting theories. Just remembered it was Charles Berlitz who wrote it if any ones interested.

My early childhood and school years were really quite a mess for me. I had no Idea at the time that I had Aspergers Syndrome. I was one of those students capable of achieving top grades at anything I wanted to but never did because I found it all too boring and also somehow it was all wrong too. Instead I would stare out the schoolroom windows and draw pictures in all of my books. I have a very visual memory and I can see three dimensional images in colour and rotate them in 3D or picture working machinery through inner vision. Believe me on this or not, I will not care either way, I can conjure these visions any time of the day and certain unmentionable substances seem to enhance them even possibly giving me insight into future events. Like dreaming whilst awake I'd describe it.

Moving on, when I was 19 I moved out of home with my parents to live in a rented unit in the city for work reasons. I was working at Mitsubishi Motors as a spot welder / assembler when one night I decide to pick up The Cosmic Conspiracy and read it from cover to cover. That was the moment my search for ultimate truth started and changed my life forever.

Big questions will come now, "am I any closer to the whole truth than I was?" Answer "a little bit closer I think but I've opened up 100 times more questions as well"

A bit more now about books I have read and other reference material. I'll try and remember titles and authors for anyone interested in looking tham up. I've allready mentioned the first two books after those two came The Time Machine and a huge 500 - 600 page not well known novel called The Shape of Things to Come by H. G. Wells. 1984 by George Orwell, The Prophecies of Nostradamus by Erica Cheetham, Eternal Man by Louis Pauwels and Jacques Bergier and more recently Contact by Carl Sagan. Those are the main ones I can remember for now most of my books I passed on to other people.

Other references I use are whistle blower video interviews on another conspiracy website I wont name and any foreign news service that isn't full of $%&@. I have a decent pair of binoculars and a decent telescope for sky watching as well.

Oh well that covers my intro except to say that I hope to provide interesting discussion without trying to prove something without proof or abusing anyone else for their opinions.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that I also read the old and new Testament and a booklet called We are not These Bodies, which was supplied by the (forgive spelling) Hare Krysna, don't know who wrote it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Welcome.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Welcome R6A6W6

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thank you Wide-Eyes and thanks to Johnny as well for the welcomes and showing me around ATS. Thanks also for the flags

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Say it ain't true, you're a UFO info searcher too. This is great and I've watched Stan Deyo youtube videos too. Must re-watch them. You are 42, I am also in my forties. Interesting intro..

I figured out the avatar stuff. I read alot before becoming a member.

edit on 5-7-2012 by eternity4us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eternity4us

Hi there, the thing that is so compelling about The Cosmic Conspiracy is the reference material in the back of the book. All solid proof. Especially if you understand a bit about electro magnetics and the physics behind how UFO's work. Its all true as far as I'm concerned

I would like to add this image to my intro because I drew it myself and it represents a part of who I am, so here it is, inspired by The Cosmic Conspiracy.

The New Word Order 1990

edit on 5-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: I was going to add a photo

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

I haven't read "The Cosmic Conspiracy" I just googled it and it's by Stan Deyo. I must read this. Did you really draw that picture, wow, you're a good artist. I'm going to have to find a copy of this book and read it.

Found on Youtube:
Stan Deyo - The Cosmic Conspiracy 01 of 08

I have tried to watch this before, it's long, but I'll try again.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eternity4us

I'm going to have to find a copy of this book and read it.

I still have my copy, wont ever get rid of it. It was first published in 1978 by West Australian Texas Trading, last printed third edition in 1981 by the same publisher. I hope that helps in obtaining a copy.
Thanks for the comment on my picture, yes I did draw it

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
welcome

i am new here too

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by falconspeed

Hi there falconspeed, good to see you here

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm a lurker too, but in another sense. Welcome!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ToTheMoonAlice

Thankyou and welcome to you also. Hope you have a great trip Alice

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Sup b,

I have been creepin on these forums forever too but was hesitant to join, I am going to check out the books you mentioned and tell you what I think in a month or two. I'm a slow reader haha, talk soon, and welcome.

new topics

top topics

join