TSA, KCI airport, OMG

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
hi all

First attempt at a thread here so bare with me

I had to fly to dallas last week and drive a car back to kc for my father in law..

i hate to fly lol so i was allready tense and with all the bad stuff i keep seeing about the tsa
i wasnt really looking forward to it all

and man let me tell you i was really surprised at what i saw

the tsa agents were as professional and curtious and nice as they could have possibly been

they were fast, they didnt molest any children, they didnt beat up any handicapped people
no women were groped

these guys have a tough job. Can you imagin how they would feel if something slipped past them and a plane went down? I for one am glad there making sure the wrong s-- dont get on any plane
that im on... flying is allready scary enough




posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
they didnt molest any children

How many adults did they molest?


Originally posted by goou111
they didnt beat up any handicapped people

How many able-bodied people did they beat up?

You prob. lost count! :-P
edit on 7/1/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Maybe they were informed by the U.S. Gouberment that there
were no terrorists scheduled to pass through that day.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ok this will be short.

1) Most people are good therefor most TSA are probably good.
2) The TSA as an organisation is corrupt and should be shut down.
3) Since when is someone actually doing their job considered news on ATS?



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by coven83
 


anytime there doing there job and somone feels like there rights are being violated
its news

these guys get a bad rap and have a tough job

just felt like saying hey i appreciate you

glad i landed safely
edit on 1-7-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
Ok this will be short.

1) Most people are good therefor most TSA are probably good.
2) The TSA as an organisation is corrupt and should be shut down.
3) Since when is someone actually doing their job considered news on ATS?


TSA doing their job?


Must be a conspiracy, hence it ended up on ATS



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Most of the TSA screeners are not bad folks.

But the TSA itself is incredibly inept.

I work with explosives. I recently flew from Colorado to California then to Pennsylvania and back to California with a multi-tool in my carry-on that was literally caked in explosives(commercial and improvised).

I wasn't even aware it was in my bag until a SECOND trip to Pennsylvania when the X-ray machine dinged on it. The TSA employee swabbed the outside of my bag for explosives and came up negative, then she rifled around in my bag till she found my obviously explosives encrusted multi-tool and did not bother to swab it. Which saved me a big headache and a lot of time.
She then escorted me out of the security area so I could mail it back to myself. During our walk out of the security area I realized how many trips I had made with it in my bag.
On my way back through security(explosives free at this point) I took the opportunity to inform her how incompetent they all were, and surprisingly she agreed with me that the TSA was largely ineffectual.




posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Most of the TSA screeners are not bad folks.

But the TSA itself is incredibly inept.

I work with explosives. I recently flew from Colorado to California then to Pennsylvania and back to California with a multi-tool in my carry-on that was literally caked in explosives(commercial and improvised).

I wasn't even aware it was in my bag until a SECOND trip to Pennsylvania when the X-ray machine dinged on it. The TSA employee swabbed the outside of my bag for explosives and came up negative, then she rifled around in my bag till she found my obviously explosives encrusted multi-tool and did not bother to swab it. Which saved me a big headache and a lot of time.
She then escorted me out of the security area so I could mail it back to myself. During our walk out of the security area I realized how many trips I had made with it in my bag.
On my way back through security(explosives free at this point) I took the opportunity to inform her how incompetent they all were, and surprisingly she agreed with me that the TSA was largely ineffectual.






lol

thats a little scary



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 


So in essence, you support the TSA...Correct?

Keep flying and one day...Well let's just say that when you think you're safe from these goons, you'll be raped in public. And it WILL happen. No need to say more as it has been proven over and over and over...from babies to the elderly.

Then please return and post another thread on the reality of the TSA.

Peace



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Speaking for myself--although I imagine a lot of people here might agree with me: It's not the TSA employees per se; it's how the current world situation was contrived to make such an organization necessary. And, once it was necessary, the way it was implemented. I (we) feel betrayed, manipulated, frustrated, angry and, worst of all, impotent to do anything about it.

Personally, I think we project our hatred of our circumstances and the people responsible onto TSA workers. Unfortunately they don't do much to demonstrate that they don't deserve it....



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
anytime there doing there job and somone feels like there rights are being violated
its news

these guys get a bad rap and have a tough job

just felt like saying hey i appreciate you


In doing their jobs peoples rights are being violated. They restrict travel and people are presumed guilty of potential terrorism. It isn't even uniform enforcement. You own a plane, or want to charter a plane, no TSA there. I guess terrorist cannot get a plane on their own or charter one. So its just us poor people who have to fly in a big group of strangers who each has to prove before being authorized that we are not planning on blowing up a plane with a big mac or a cherry coke.

They get a bad rap because the nature of their job is artificially effective, intrusive and simply shouldn't exist.

I don't appreciate a darn one. Scum of the earth.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 


Congrats,you don't buy into the hype that is ATS and sites like it. If you were to believe some here,the TSA is full of child molesters and wanna be cops on an ego trip.When in reality thousands fly every day with no problems and no children are molested.


Now,that's not to say there isn't issues with them.There certainly are.But you best believe it's over hyped,especially on sites like this.
edit on 1-7-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111
 

YEA! I'm so happy to see this! KCI if by far my most favorite airport of any I have ever been to. And that's a lot. There is always a nice, calm and friendly feeling there. I have always been treated with the utmost respect and friendliness. The one time I have been searched was there and the TSA agents were as nice as could be and explained thoroughly why I was singled out, even neatly folding and wrapping back up things in my bag they had to investigate.
Glad you had a pleasant experience as well!



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well it is kind of funny listening to the horror stories of TSA. My brother and dad have been waiting years to get molested by TSA and for some reason the TSA always seems to turn them down.Guess their not as hot as they used to be.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
1

log in

join