It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first attempt at stop-motion animation..if you like that sort of thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I must warn you, this is probably only going to make sense to video-gamers and people familiar with early 90's pop culture references..otherwise, enjoy for what it's worth. It's only a minute long so I doubt I'll be wasting anybody's time who clicked. Satisfaction NOT guaranteed!

For those requiring more synopsis..It is a stop animation with Sonic The Hedgehog.

www.youtube.com...

It is surprisingly time-consuming and difficult to do! I spent about 3 hours total on the entire project. God bless the people who made Gumby cartoons.

Sorry, I don't know how to embed or anything fancy.

edit on 1-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
That was great loved the sound effects too I loled at the ladybird stuck on with sellotape heehehehee.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Not bad for your first attempt.

I enjoyed that, thanks for posting

edit on 1-7-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah, it was a pretty spur-of-the-moment idea. I've never done anything like this before, so I didn't really plan on how to do some of those shots and effects. Just had to improvise and have fun!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah stop motion is very time consuming, just imagine how long it took to make movies like Wallace and Gromit.

Also, you should check out these videos, it's amazing stop-motion work:

1500 hours of moving legobricks and take photos of them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Better than what I could do, but try and use more pictures so it's a bit smoother, its a bit rough.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Awesome for a first attempt!

These are pretty good also:

edit on 1-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Amazing videos! thanks for adding to my thread. I've seen some really impressive stop-motion animes on youtube before, but not these ones specifically.

I really don't have the time..or the patience..to make anything that grandiose. The people who put that much work and love into their art truly amazes me.

Just goes to show that you should answer to your muse sometimes!

I doubt I'll be doing any more stop-motions. One whole evening was enough for me haha

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I've wanted to do something similar for ages. But I need two cameras. Stereographic stop motion. I did buy two cheap webcams from china a while back, both the same type but being as they are they have absolutely different quality results

Haha I too loved the sticky tape use. Why not, I think it added to it actually, I always wonder with things like robot chicken, how they get things to jump or climb without some sort of sneakery..

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I did mine with webcam, fishing line, and some scotch tape haha. It was just a bit of fun and I don't even remember what inspired me to do it. I would recommend you try your project even if you don't have all the equipment you would like.

The end product rarely looks like what we imagined it to be anyway..doesn't mean it's any less complete.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

If you're like me, you will... one night, late and when your mind is racing, you'll think of some crazy thing and just have to put it into effect... you might not do it at first, but that thought will niggle at you... and the next time you find yourself with a racing mind,it will come to life..

eventually, you'll do it.. and you'll know from this time what works and how to do it better.. and you'll get addicted to it.

But then I'm also crap at things so I never really do anything with it.. you've put one out there, I rekon you'll do more

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I like to try a lot of different mediums for my ideas. I am artistic in some ways, but by no means an artist. I am more of a racing-mind type like you described. I just have ideas and want to realize those ideas in some form.

I even had some of my own music I was thinking of using. But, I decided to go with music and sound effects that are actually used in the video game of which I made my tribute to. Something the fans would understand. My own music is not something people tend to understand

On that same note, I will not be posting any of my music or poetry in the member art forum. Just youtube videos that people can have fun with.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think that was awesome

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Please refer to this thread for a working link. I deleted this video because I re-did my animation with much more attention to detail. View the video here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join