It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Seriously,anyone,just go outside and look at the sun,does it really appear to be something thats actually 93,000,000 mile away? as far as i'm concerned,no way,not at all,the sun seems to be about 5 or 10,000 miles away,something like that distance anyways...

Do you have a problem with perspective?.......yes you do!

You disagree that the sun is 835,000 miles in diameter and 93 million miles away......but you accept that it is a few hundred miles in diameter and only a few thousand miles away.......does your simple mind not see the fundamental flaw in that logic?

Take some time out to really think about what I have written above blocula....I know it won't come easily to you......but think about it......and eventually you will get it.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by golemina

Seriously,anyone,just go outside and look at the sun,does it really appear to be something thats actually 93,000,000 mile away? as far as i'm concerned,no way,not at all,the sun seems to be about 5 or 10,000 miles away,something like that distance anyways...

Actually, you would see the difference using a telescope:

Warning: do not try and view the sun directly through the telescope without a solar filter or blindness can occur.

Get a telescope (any kind will do) or find someone that has one that you can use.

On a night that you can see the moon, center and focus your telescope on it. When you've done that, note how much the telescope focuser is extended out from the telescope.

Next, during the day (and using a solar filter), using the same power eye piece, center and focus the sun so that it's sun spots are in focus.

Look at the focuser now and measure it.

You can do this with object here on Earth too. Use the telescope to focus on a mountain or very distant building. Then do the same thing for a tree, building or whatever just down the street.

Notice how for the close objects the focuser is extended a lot further out than for distant objects.

Anyone, anywhere can do this.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Our good buddy, DenyObfuscation, has been hammering the OP this ENTIRE thread...

For an answer to a simple question. An answer that if admitted, simply shatters blocworld.

Also I've tried to explain that the intensity of light diminishes over distance. I'm not a "science" guy but I don't run around shooting off my mouth that "everything is a lie" with absolutely no evidence or reason, you know, like you and bloc do.

Substantiate your statements or it's NOT been nice knowing you.

You're demanding answers!?

Use the force Luke...

Use your keyboard!

You're not going to let all of those years of educ... ah... Jedi training go to waste?

Are you?

For an answer to a simple question. An answer that if admitted, simply shatters blocworld.

That's what you are really after.

You have no real interest in any anomalies of the standard geographical representation...

You just want to be right! (And that (*@#$%!) Blocula wrong!)

edit on 3-7-2012 by golemina because: My dad let's me spell on Tuesdays.

edit on 3-7-2012 by golemina because: Typos.

You think you have evidence that Tierra Del Fuego to Sydney is about 18,000 - 20,000 miles rather than the "lie of TPTB" of 5892 miles? I'll look at that, sure. Can you bring it?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Seriously guy... Almost EVERYTHING that is promoted by 'Science' is a TOTAL fabrication. I really like your views on 'Science'... it's a wonderful children's bedtime story.

Almost everything ?....really?.....almost everything promoted by science is a TOTAL fabrication?

You are a little bit like that small kid that hangs around the big kid in the playground aren't you?.....chipping in every now and then, not really knowing that the big kid is being ripped a new one, and when he runs away with his tail between his legs, you will have to face the other kids and explain yourself....but you can't because the idiot that ran off, was just that, an idiot

So how about you take up the argument.....explain to the other kids in the playground how anything that blocula said makes any sort of sense?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

So you're deflecting...
It's not as if you haven't already started a side discussion on this thread.

All of a sudden you don't want to thread jack...

Yeah whatever.

So your answer is...

You apparently can't be bothered.

Not a problem for me.

You obviously have got SERIOUS 'Math' skills...

Go ahead and share with us the calcs for lining up a Moon shot...

Say leaving tomorrow AM at 8:00 from Cape Canaveral.

I'm feeling generous, so go ahead and...

Use any one of the pre-existing landing sites.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

You think you have evidence that Tierra Del Fuego to Sydney is about 18,000 - 20,000 miles rather than the "lie of TPTB" of 5892 miles? I'll look at that, sure. Can you bring it?

Doing BOTH sides of the 'conversation' now?

Got NO answer for that approach.

Carry on!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I asked you a question and you're the one who refused to answer it.
I am not starting another thread because I asked you the question.
I'm not going to open up an entire thread to deal with the disillusions of one person.
If you open a thread and tell me where it is I will be glad to participate.
Don't try and pawn this off on me however, you're the one who is refusing to answer the questions.
I simply am not playing into your ego by starting an entire thread to ask you questions I already asked you.

Deflect all you want, but this is on you.
Either answer the questions here, or start your own thread.
It's not on me to start an entire thread to answer questions I already posed to you.

I'm guessing the real reason why you won't answer here, or start your own thread is because your answers wouldn't stand up to scrutiny.
So instead you try to dump the burden onto me to ask you questions I already asked you.
Heck, I think even if I started the thread you would come up with some excuse like "you didn't ask the right questions" or "I don't want to thread jack your meaningful thread full of great questions; seek out the answers yourself".
So either put up or admit you simply can't form cogent answers.

As for doing the math, could I do the math for a moon launch yes.
I'm not going to spend hours possibly days to track down the required information to begin the calculations.
If I were in an aerospace lab I could probably pull up the information much easier, but I'm not.
The fact that you think I could find all of the requisite information do do a calculation on demand shows your lack of understanding of the complexities involved.
Off the top of my head I wouldn't even know if a moon launch tomorrow would even be possible, there is weather to take into consideration, position of the moon, heck they even have to account for know satellite orbit paths now a days.
I said the calculations could be done, I never said they could be done at the snap of a finger.

The fact that you think they can be done lickety split like some magic trick shows you have no grasp of what you are asking.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Maybe a guy with a wicked sense of humour sometimes pointing out some of the frailties of some of the 'explanations' being offered. So now you want to 'beat up' the little kid too? Am I reading that right?

No.

Usually the "little kid" has something to bring to the table, so that he may become one of the "big kids".....now perhaps as the "little kid" you could answer some of the questions being asked by the "big kids"?

I'll give you an easy one:

Point me to one theory in this thread of blocula's that you consider to have a reasonable chance of being true......and......in your own words why?

btw, you can leave your "wicked sense of humour" at the door.....we have spent 40 odd pages trying to get facts.....have you got any?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well Blocula I for one find your threads fascinating and thought provoking. if it wasn't for original thinkers such as yourself,we would all still be thinking the earth was flat.

keep up the good work and don't let the naysayers get you down.

A hundred years from now we might find that everything we now know is wrong isn't that the way it's always been?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Well Blocula I for one find your threads fascinating and thought provoking. if it wasn't for original thinkers such as yourself,we would all still be thinking the earth was flat.

blocula does think the Earth is flat! ........sweet baby jesus and the orphans .....I despair!
....have you read any of this nonsense?
edit on 3/7/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

But...but he is arguing that the earth is mostly flat.

Oh please tell me you were being ironic.

He is stating ideas that were either proved wrong already or aren't possible without a gigantic conspiracy that would be so huge it couldn't be kept.

How are half of his ideas original if they were already thought of and proven wrong?
The other half are so out there you would have to be in fantasy land for them to work.

I really hope you were being ironic.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Thanx,this thread has obviously struck a very responsive chord...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join