It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Taking a picture of a slightly curved convex disc world,would produce an image of a curved horizon, would'nt it? and how high up was that balloon?

edit on 3-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Originally posted by blocula

]Didnt princess diana say something about the royal family of england that really pissed them off/ like when she said "their a bunch of reptiles" and then she was murdered shortly afterwards,imo...

Not that i am aware of

edit on 3-7-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
To anyone that tries to claim that Bloc's threads do not serve a purpose, I argue this is not true. They serve as excellent examples to argue the case for eugenics...

On a serious note, how frightening that they allow computers with internet access to be used by the patients at the institute..
edit on 3-7-2012 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Wow,what an amazing hologram and as fantastic as it is,theres nowhere near billions of stars within that image,seeing billions of stars simultaneously is impossible,because the light from that immensely vast amount of stars would merge into an overall glow that would fill the entire night sky like day...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

No offence, but have you ever considered getting an education? I really can't emphasise enough how much everything you're saying is complete and utter crap. It's actually irritating to see such an extreme level of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

A psychiatrist from the 1800's would declare the vast majority of everyone on earth right now as being insane,because of tptb's greed driven rat race that we are forced to live within,faster and faster,losing our souls a little more every step of the way,pretty cool,huh?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Three 17 year olds launched a balloon to 14 miles, and showed a clearly curved horizon. An Iphone 4 was launched to 19 miles, and shows a clearly curved horizon. An aerospace engineering student launched a balloon to almost 100,000 feet and shows a clearly curved horizon. That doesn't take into account the people that have flown in aircraft high enough to see a curved edge to the horizon.

The curve in the pictures is more than a "slightly convex edge". It's clearly the edge of a round object.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

So theres billions of stars whos light never reaches us? whos light is able to turn away from earth and shine off in another direction,so we cant see them?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I wouldn't dispute that, what I do have a problem with is the fact that your 'theories' about the shape of the planet and it's position within the universe as so delusional you are clearly either a troll or seriously need to acquire psychiatric help. If you have any sort of scientific understanding and took a step outside of the prison you've made in your mind, you would see that what you are saying is not even possible.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

For the third time. Take a flashlight and shine it against a wall. Up close, it blots out everything because it's so bright. Take the same flashlight and shine it across a field. The more it has to light, and the farther it has to travel, the dimmer it becomes. It's a very simple experiment to show why the sky isn't lit up like day when the sun goes down.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

So theres billions of stars whos light never reaches us? whos light is able to turn away from earth and shine off in another direction,so we cant see them?

A brilliant example of how your mind (doesn't) work. Their light reaches us, however our eyes are not sensitive enough to see them unaided. No one has said or implied anything about the light being 'turned away'.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

denver22 is attempting to explain to young blocular about earth that even a five year old
could understand. Here goes one last time for the sweet souvenier.

To see for yourself the way that shadows helped prove the Earth’s shape, try out these two experiments!—All you need is a round ball or globe, a flashlight, some pins, and a grown-up to help you!

1. Mock Lunar Eclipse: Have someone hold out the round ball and stand a couple feet away from a blank wall. Pretend like the blank wall is the moon. (You can even cut out a circle and tape it to the wall to represent the moon.) Position yourself so the person holding the ball is between you and the wall, and then turn off all the lights. Pretend like you’re the sun and shine the beam of your flashlight directly at the ball! What is the shape of the ball’s shadow wall??

2. Have a grown-up help you put two push-pins into different parts of your ball or globe. (Use other objects with tape if push-pins will pop your ball!) Put one of the pins into the “center” of the ball, like where the equator would be. Put the other one an inch or two above the first. Have your grown-up helper act like the sun and shine the flashlight directly at the ball. Position yourself close to the ball or globe and observe the shadows made by each pin, and the way they’re cast at different angles! To see how it would be different on a flat surface, ask the grown-up to help you place both pins on a flat table-top and then shine the flashlight down on them from above: They make shadows now at the same angle!

Get your noodle round it bloc you can do it ! ..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Read this carefully digest it slowly breathe and....... go.. prove me wrong

-Given you have a powerful enough magnifying object, stand on top of the Sears' Tower and tell me if you can see the Eiffel Tower, Taipei 101, Petronas Towers, or anything beyond the Northern Hemisphere. You can't, can you?

-If the Earth was flat, there would be no horizon, and don't say the horizon is a conspiracy because if you do, you never passed the second grade.

-Take a boat from wherever and sail all the way around the earth. You'll get right back where you started.

-Toilets and whirlpools on the Southern Hemisphere flush and swirl in the opposite direction of those on the Northern Hemisphere. This dictates that the Earth is a sphere, because if it was a prism, it would flush/swirl the same direction as all other toilets/whirlpools.

-If the Earth was a rectangular shape, there would be no room for any layer other than half of the crust, which I'd bet you theorize is yet another conspiracy (about the layers of the earth).

-If you stand on the North and South poles, a compass will go berserk, because of the strong magnetic force. Again, this would not happen if the Earth was flat.

-The Earth is no different from any other planet other than the fact we have all the necessary materials for life. That does not put, nor should it put, us in a superiority complex.

-If you get a powerful enough telescope, you CAN see satellites in space orbiting around Earth.

-A non-spherical object could not have a gravitational pull, and if the earth was flat, it would fall endlessly through space and time, and eventually be out of the heating radius of the Sun to be able to sustain life.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Wow,what an amazing hologram and as fantastic as it is,theres nowhere near billions of stars within that image,seeing billions of stars simultaneously is impossible,because the light from that immensely vast amount of stars would merge into an overall glow that would fill the entire night sky like day...

Well, i do think holograms are more advanced than we know this is way too massive a scale and the benefits seem nonexistent.

I don't know how many stars are in the image. A lot of stars though.

The reason the light does not look merged is due to the lens of the imager getting closer and with a less capable device seeing form further away then you would see the light merge. This again supports the notions of the distances.

"that immensely vast amount of stars would merge into an overall glow that would fill the entire night sky like day"

How or why would it fill the entire sky? Light will only travel so far. Just look at a flashlight.

Finally, consider that imagers interpret images slightly differently than we would see with the naked eye. Which makes sense, considering they are based off of how we see. One issue is when they see something differently than we do. Which can actually not be there, in other words it is an error.

I mean small errors like chromatic aberration, so you are still getting a much MUCH better view than with eyes alone, obviously. Even a lens flare can look like something else. Lens flares are mainly, as far as i know, lens flaws or dust on the lens.

edit on 3-7-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I and others have explained this 100s of times...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

But... but... weather pasterns can be tracked around the world.
Tidal waves can travel through the ocean.
Trash thrown in the ocean in Europe can make it to Hawaii.
Planes fly around the world.

Missiles and projectiles follow a path defined by the force of gravity that fits the math of a massive planet.

I've seen the math, I've done the math.

Unless every pilot is brainwashed into thinking they fly around a disk.
Unless there is a giant machine under the disk providing gravity.
Unless there is a freaking magic border that makes the tides from from point to point as if they were floating around the world all of your comments are not possible.

Are you telling me that as a Physics student I'm part of the conspiracy and I've been taught how to alter my equations to account for the impossible things you are talking about?

The shear scale of the conspiracy you talk about would be impossible to keep secret.
One drunk idiot trying to impress his crush would blow the hole thing open.
Last I checked there are lots of drunk idiots out there with crushes.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

When a boat is invented that can sail through land masses then someone will circumnavigate the world on the equator. The proof your asking for is impossible to get, do not forget that south America, and Africa lie directly on the equator thus impossible to be sailed through.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

There are many reasons for light not reaching us.

Light diffuses the very nature of the EM spectrum means it expands infinitely.

Let me reverse that, if you take a sphere big enough and make a cut straight down, and the move a small distance away and make the same type of cut eventually the lines will intersect.
That's why mineral rights actually taper in some countries at a certain angle to form a conical inward cut.
Otherwise two adjacent properties would have over lapping property rights.

Now reverse that a sphere of light emits light that eventually is infinitely spread out and so diffuse that it is no longer visible to the human eye.
The light gets so spread out that there is not enough concentration to register on our photo receptors.
Add interstellar objects of all types and we have light blocked.

Take into account that the human eye can only process so many distinct points of information at a time and you would not be able to see all the stars in the sky at once.

Add to that, that there are some stars so far away that their first emissions haven't reached us yet.

Honestly I don't know why I bother, it just irks me when someone beats up on science so much.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well atmospheric pressure and the gravitational fields of the other planets help. The sun is an extremely big ball of thermal energy going through exothermic hydrogen fission reactions.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned it already, but to answer the OP's question about why he/she can't see stars at night, it's because of light pollution. If you want to see what the sky really looks like you have to go to the middle of nowhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join