It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Humanity trying to figure out what this reality actually is,trying to understand whats really going on,trying to realize where we actually are,would be like moths trying to figure out what the stealth bombers really are that they see landing and taking off somewhere every day,knocking millions of their species out of the sky all the time,like ants trying to figure out what the cars really are that they see driving around them everywhere every day,inadvertently crushing millions of their species all the time,like beetles trying to figure out what they are seeing and hearing whenever they see and hear televisions,but i think this thread is getting close to the ultimate truth...
edit on 2-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
but i think this thread is getting very close to the ultimate truth...

What truth? The truth that you are completely off in your assumptions? The truth that you have not one source or even shred of a source to back yourself up? The truth that you ignore evidence and science that is placed in front of you and quote Thomas Jefferson in retort?

Seriously... forgetting for one moment that people have circled the Earth, that it's been photographed from space, and that it's for a long time been proven round, solid and alive.... your whole premise makes zero sense, and you still have danced around everyone's questions with more double speak and holograms this and tptb that...

Said it before i'll say it here, not everything is a conspiracy, when everything becomes one, it's time to check yourself in for psychiatric help.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula,just like the sun and moon also are and so take a look at the moon, does it really look round?

The fact that when the sun shines on it when it is waning or waxing and the light that is reflected is eliptical is proof. If it were flat it would be constantly full but vary in brightness. Bright when facing the sun and slightly dimmer each day until blackness (dark side of disk facing earth).

So elipse = round.

Go into a dark room with a flashlight, a ball and a plate (or other flat round disk) and try the experiment for yourself.

bloc stop taking the piss

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

No way,i'm not falling for tptb's currently enforced belief structures and i'll never be tricked into believing their currently embraced theories...

But you have no problem believing this?

You have estimated the diameter of this disc to be about 25,000 miles. A quick look shows that the distance between Tierra Del Fuego and Sydney would be about 18,000 - 20,000 miles? This LINK shows the distance to be 5892 miles. Do you agree or disagree? Do you even understand this? This is ONE very simple example of why your discworld "theory" can not be true. Aside from asking where in the hell is antarctica in this image, I can't think of a simpler way to show you this is pure bullspit. Now what do you have to say?

What do i have to say?

The distance across africa west to east,from senegal to somalia is about 4,000 miles and so the slightly curved convex disc world is about 20,000 miles across...

Take a look at the image,it speaks a thousand words and welcome to soul farm earth...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Or maybe..."the only objects that always produce round shadows are holographic illusions of round spheres" ?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

denver22 is attempting to explain to young blocular about earth that even a five year old
could understand. Here goes one last time for the sweet souvenier.

To see for yourself the way that shadows helped prove the Earth’s shape, try out these two experiments!—All you need is a round ball or globe, a flashlight, some pins, and a grown-up to help you!

1. Mock Lunar Eclipse: Have someone hold out the round ball and stand a couple feet away from a blank wall. Pretend like the blank wall is the moon. (You can even cut out a circle and tape it to the wall to represent the moon.) Position yourself so the person holding the ball is between you and the wall, and then turn off all the lights. Pretend like you’re the sun and shine the beam of your flashlight directly at the ball! What is the shape of the ball’s shadow wall??

2. Have a grown-up help you put two push-pins into different parts of your ball or globe. (Use other objects with tape if push-pins will pop your ball!) Put one of the pins into the “center” of the ball, like where the equator would be. Put the other one an inch or two above the first. Have your grown-up helper act like the sun and shine the flashlight directly at the ball. Position yourself close to the ball or globe and observe the shadows made by each pin, and the way they’re cast at different angles! To see how it would be different on a flat surface, ask the grown-up to help you place both pins on a flat table-top and then shine the flashlight down on them from above: They make shadows now at the same angle!

Get your noodle round it bloc you can do it ! ..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

No way,i'm not falling for tptb's currently enforced belief structures and i'll never be tricked into believing their currently embraced theories...

But you have no problem believing this?

You have estimated the diameter of this disc to be about 25,000 miles. A quick look shows that the distance between Tierra Del Fuego and Sydney would be about 18,000 - 20,000 miles? This LINK shows the distance to be 5892 miles. Do you agree or disagree? Do you even understand this? This is ONE very simple example of why your discworld "theory" can not be true. Aside from asking where in the hell is antarctica in this image, I can't think of a simpler way to show you this is pure bullspit. Now what do you have to say?

What do i have to say?

The distance across africa west to east,from senegal to somalia is about 4,000 miles and so the slightly curved convex disc world is about 20,000 miles across...

Take a look at the image,it speaks a thousand words and welcome to soul farm earth...

Even in a reply you continue to dodge the question. Is it because even you realize it proves that you are wrong?
Tierra Del Fuego to Sydney, how about it? Hmmmmmm???????? If you're not trolling you could attempt to answer that directly.

ETA:

Take a look at the image,it speaks a thousand words

It certainly does but unfortunately you don't seem to understand what those words mean.
edit on 2-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: ETA

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Seriously,one of my friends at work keeps telling me lately that i better watch out,he keeps saying that if i continue trying to expose so many hidden realities,getting too close to the truth in the process,i'm going to see a long black unmarked car with tinted windows suddenly pull alongside me on a dark lonely road somewhere some night and those within are going to shoot me in the head and silence me forever,he actually tells me that again and again...

And i say oh well,bring it on,i could use some real excitement and exposure in my life...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I never worry myself. I've had choppers chase what we sighted, very low sightings too, and experienced, scout planes, TR3B's monitoring us, phone taps, strange black vans that park mysteriously near our house, that I like to speak my mind in the house and give them suggestions for choosing to be hero's, just in case they can hear kind of thing.

I've had really tall, quite attractive men, over 6 feet tall, in black blazers, with British accents, at the door claiming to be Mormons, at 8 30- 9 pm, and no I didn't let them in. When I went out back a female in a black jacket walking a little dog on the school grounds over our fence, and then she walked around the block and really looked over the property.

If they want a good lecture on Love and Equality and turning aroudn the train wrecks of their lives, they can come on over. The coffee's always on and I am seriously about saving every single soul in the universe, all of it. I remember the river of sorrow running through the fabric of space and it has to be healed. Nothing else matters, except, that sacrifice and sorrow is not accepted by me, and we need lots of love and good times with our FAMILY.

By the way, there is a dark side Enki and then Enlil/Marduk, and they claim creator hood. They are very tiny tots in very messy diapers. Sorry, its not true.

Waht is true, I posted on bottom post of last page. That group doesnt remember home. I remember home. You know Source, our wonderful home, BEYOND.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Unity_99

Seriously,one of my friends at work keeps telling me lately that i better watch out,he keeps saying that if i continue trying to expose so many hidden realities,getting too close to the truth in the process,i'm going to see a long black unmarked car with tinted windows suddenly pull alongside me on a dark lonely road somewhere some night and those within are going to shoot me in the head and silence me forever,he actually tells me that again and again...

And i say oh well,bring it on,i could use some real excitement and exposure in my life...

LMFAO I am not interested in what you dreamed about last night !

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

If we consider atmospheric anomalies,magnified optical mirages and intentionally projected holograms by members of a class-3 civilization,everything in the disc world model would work just fine...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by matted
blocula

I hope you seek and get the help you need. not every thing is a conspircy..
Reality is a conspiracy and so is life itself and so everything else is as well...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

reply to post by denver22

I would say that super advanced malevolent aliens from a class-3 civilization existing within another dimension created this earth,the sun,the moon and the hologram around us we call outer space and the earth isnt flat,its a slightly curved convex disc,just like the sun and moon also are and so take a look at the moon, does it really look round? or more like a slightly curved convex disc? take a look at the sun,does it really look round? or more like a slightly curved convex disc? too bad we cant even look at the sun,its been designed to be so blindingly glaring,we cant even see it with our eyes, intentionally,so we wont be able to see where we actually are,whats really going on...

The OP has some interesting ideas, bit like "The Truman Show" on a larger scale.

From a practical perspective, as far as the sun and its distance and size, you did not account for how the human eye and brain perceives depth of field, especially at great distances. I think it is one of our weaknesses but considering how the eye works and it's amazing abilities it is a weakness we accept. As has been argued in this thread, the reason it looks closer to you is due to its size. This does not prove the basic premise is not possible, although i think not probable. You also did not account for meteors that hit the earth, space travel and the thousands of people all over the world involved. Just too massive a cover up.

I think you took away from the premise of the OP by trying to come up with reasons and explanations. The whole "TPTB" excuse for everything is getting long in the tooth and seems like a cop out response..."well TPTB, you know..."

Then the aliens and type3 civilizations did it, but you have to ask why? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through when there are easier ways. In fact early humans would have been much easier for the aliens to interact with and explain things to and also human populations were so much smaller. Hell, the mere fact there were so much less humans leads me to believe they would have been more rational regarding something like this.

It is a good OP, though I think goes way too far.

I wonder if the OP saw something else and is not saying.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoyd23

Totally intense! thanx for bringing it up,i read a whole non fiction book about that and anythings possible...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Seriously, I've had a run in lately online with someone claiming he is from Enki's side and very negative ideas he has as to their unmasking and they're waiting, the Blue Wave, (my son was shown the Blue wave, he thought water, actually he had quite the dream. (he's 10)

First he dreamt that the wave would go over our house but all we had to do was stay inside.

That is an Electro Magnetic Wave, basically a Cosmic Pulse, and not water, though he thought it was.

And yes, we have to stay inside.

Well when this happens, the power goes out and they plan a whole bunch of bad things. They speak of the Red and the Black.

I don't know if you know that code, personally I think its like China and the Middle East. I don't even think its ET.

However, They Are NOT (underscored to infinity and beyond) our creators. The annanuki, the negatives, are NOT our creators, they were the slavers that came along and wrecked The Equality.

So some of what you're saying, and then about the negatives being the creators. They're not. They never have been.

This is a holographic universe, but we're in a lower level of a dusty old dvd trying to get family out and get out, this is the past, the outline already exists, but souls can be reached. Sort Groundhog Day.

Negatives are incapable of creating Love, the tenderness and sensitive compassion some show, a child's pure heart.

Try to picture Mengle and the Nazi's coding the love and beauty of earth, they can't, they're insane.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by creepyalien
So you live on a flat earth.
and its only 500 miles across.
what holds up the big torch?
oh! its a balloon!
and the moon IS a balloon.
"They'll tell you black is really white,the moon is just the sun at night"...Black Sabbath

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
Why did this absolute rubbish receive 470 responses in just two days time??
Because its possible?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

oh! its a balloon!
"They'll tell you black is really white,the moon is just the sun at night"...Black Sabbath

'cause what you think is nothing, might be something after all. - VanHalen

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by blocula

There's something not quite right with the thread title, "we are" indicates the present, "Misled" indicates the past.

Apart from that, the universe is your oyster.

Theres something not quite right with reality...

I can use the word misled in the past tense,such as...i was misled...

I can use the word misled in the current tense,such as...i hope i'm not being misled...

I can use the word misled in the future tense,such as...will i be misled tomorrow...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

oh! its a balloon!

Bloc you would argue with me about the colur black if you could..
What science fiction book did you read to get your source from or what charlatan
told you this theory of yours pray tell?

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join