It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Logic and reason have no place in this thread. Playing along with bloc is as equally fruitless. I've done both, and never a direct response to any of the substantive points. Just more obtuse parroting.

Add golmina trolling Scribe (and damn if she didn't get him) with nothing more than emoticons, CAPS, making lists of topics without even connecting them to the issues she claims to be 'expert' in; all the while never saying anything of substance, ever. Makes this a front runner for the biggest waste of cyberspace in 2012.

Ridiculum Adnauseum.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bloc listen read- Astronomers determined the size and shape of our galaxy and measured distances to other stars using the “parallax method” (and eventually other methods using the star’s light spectrum). Surprisingly, to get the distance to the sun, astronomers first had to determine the exact distance to Venus!

With the invention of radar, scientists were able to measure the distance to Venus very precisely. By timing how long it took the radar beam to travel at the speed of light to Venus and back, the total distance to the object can be determined from the equation:

Distance = (Speed of Light) X (Total Time)/2

The reason the total time is divided by two is to get just the distance from the Earth to the object.

Earth-Sun Distance = (Earth-Venus Distance) / (Cos q)

Using trigonometry, astronomers now know that the “Astronomical Unit” = 92,955,820.5 miles (149,597,892 kilometers). This incredible degree of accuracy is possible because the speed of light is known very precisely and extremely accurate clocks are used to time the radar reflection.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bloc give the source ... No not tomato sauce

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by antioligarchs
May be aliens chage ther size of Sun?
Maybe the aliens occasionally adjust the wattage of their super advanced light bulb we call the sun,creating advancing and retreating ice ages in the process,an artifical sun thats suspended high above their massive petri dish science experiment we call earths biosphere,just like we do with the little lights that so many of us hang up inside our terrariums,shining down to illuminate and warm the oblivious little pets we like to keep trapped within them...
edit on 2-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

No, see they shrunk the Sun becauze the Aliens' Utility bill was too high. See they're in a financial crisis right now too. There aren't any souls here worth harvesting and so with nothing to sell or feed on, they, like many Americans were having trouble keeping the lights on. So to solve this they've been selectively turning of stars (and shrinking our Sun) so we would get used to night time. It's totally obvious that's whats going on. Duh.

Day and Night is an Alien conspiracy to save money.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Tptb have never lied to you?

Remember these words that were once spoken to us through over whitened teeth?

"America,read my lips,no new taxes"

Take a look at whats left of your paycheck after tptb get through financially raping it...

Ever hear someone who was very important and powerful saying...

"I will not involve one single american in another foreign war"

Just a few years later 400,000 americans were dead,killed in another foreign war,with millions more maimed,shell shocked,crippled and blinded...

Do i even need to continue?

Sickening and frightening,makes me wanna vomit...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Why yes, yes I have. I've been literally all around the world. I've crossed the equator many times in a ship just fine (we didn't fall off the edge).

So every mountain climber that has ever climbed Everest and taken pictures clearly showing the curve of the Earth, is lying or a paid government employee?

This is about as spot on as your "Americans actually bombed Pearl Harbor" thread.

You've not bothered to answer any of the questions that I posted earlier today simply because you can't, as the world being a disc will not work for those things.

Falling back on: everything is a holographic projection (reality in other words is not real) is not an opinion. It's a symptom. A symptom of something that isn't good.

I sincerely hope you get help one day, before you decide that everyone around you is also not real and just a holographic projection.

Questioning reality is a good thing. Refusing to believe in reality and making up your own, is not.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

do i need to continue?

No, you need to address all of the relevant questions that expose your OP for the utter garbage that it is. Quit being a coward and deal with it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bloc read on i will explain to you the first step in measuring the distance between the Earth and the Sun is to measure the distance between Earth and another planet in terms of the distance between Earth and the Sun. So, let us assume that the distance between Earth and the Sun is "a". Now, let us consider the orbit of Venus. To first approximation, the orbits of Earth and Venus are perfect circles around the Sun.

Take a look at the diagram below
From the representation of the orbit of Venus, it is clear that there are two places where the Sun-Venus-Earth angle is 90 degrees. At these points, the line joining Earth and Venus will be a tangent to the orbit of Venus. These two points indicate the greatest elongation of Venus and is the farthest that Venus will get away from the Sun in the sky.

Another way to understand this is to look at the motion of Venus in the sky relative to the Sun: as Venus orbits the Sun, it gets further away from the Sun in the sky, reaches a maximum separation from the Sun (corresponding to the greatest elongation) and then starts going towards the Sun again. This by the way is the reason why Venus is never visible in the evening sky for more than about three hours after sunset and in the morning sky more than 3 hours before sunrise.

How to measure distance to Sun

Now, by making observations of Venus in the sky, one can determine the point of greatest elongation. One can also measure the angle between the Sun and Venus in the sky at the point of greatest elongation. In the diagram, this angle will be the Sun-Earth-Venus angle marked as "e" in the right angled triangle. Now, using the trigonometry, one can determine the distance between Earth and Venus in terms of the Earth-Sun distance:

distance between Earth and Venus = a * cosine(e).

Now, the distance to Venus can be measured by radar measurements, where a radio wave is transmitted from Earth and is received when it bounces off Venus and comes back to Earth. By measuring the time taken for the pulse to come back, the distance can be calculated as radio waves travel at the speed of light. Once this is known, the distance between Earth and Sun can be calculated.

Historically, the first person to do this measurement was Aristarchus (310-230 BC). He measured the angular separation of the Sun and the Moon when its phase was first or third quarter to derive the distance between Earth and Sun in terms of the distance between the Earth and the Moon. Eratosthenes (276-194 BC) also measured the distance between Earth and Sun as 804,000,000 stadia. The first scientific measurement of the Earth-Sun distance was made by Cassini in 1672 by parallax measurements of Mars (he observed Mars from two places simultaneously).

As you have indicated, once the distance between Earth and Sun is known, one can calculate all the other parameters. We know that the Sun subtends an angle of 0.5 degrees. Again, using trigonometry, the radius/diameter of the Sun can be calculated from the distance between Earth and Sun, d, as Rsun = tan(0.5 degrees) * d. Also, since we know the time taken by the Earth to go once around the Sun (P = 1 year), and the distance traveled by the Earth in this process (2*pi*a), we can calculate the average orbital speed of Earth as v = P/(2*pi*a).

Anyway, the relevant numbers are here- read bloc:

Earth-Sun distance, d = roughly 150 million km (defined as 1 Astronomical Unit)
Radius of the Sun, Rsun = roughly 700,000 km
Orbital speed of Earth, v = roughly 30 km/s bloc note it down..

Did you get any of that..?
edit on 2-7-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

do i need to continue?

No, you need to address all of the relevant questions that expose your OP for the utter garbage that it is. Quit being a coward and deal with it.

I was wondering the same thing.. what's with all the refusing to address questions OP? Should we set you up with the Alien form Andromeda? I think you two would get along fine.. But I digress... Have you ever looked at the Earth, i mean really looked at the Earth, it's impossible to be a disc because of the way light hits it, plain simple to the fact. Stars? Two of us now have shown phographic evidence of the starts, all billions of them, that with better equipment than our eyes can be seen. And now also a few have mentioned the fact that yes people go around the world all the time.....not government people, regular people.. and you ignore it.

Please for the love of our Alien Masters, answer the questions poised to you with sourced material... It's getting a bit deep in here and it would be nice to have some other sources than you think to back yourself up.

I swear there isn't enough coffee in the world....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
On another note...

I hear that the Moon is actually a lot bigger and farther than we a mislead to believe. Just by looking at it i can see that it is not as close as we are told. In reality it is super far and very big.

All kidding aside, although i do not share in your belief, i thank you for posting yours.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If you do not get my latest post, then you don't know what you are talking about.
You cannot dispute it, as you cant dispute what you do not know.

Unless you can tell me right now that you understand my post
And prove me wrong...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

"A government thats big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take away everything you have"...Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Read this carefully digest it slowly breathe and....... go....

-Given you have a powerful enough magnifying object, stand on top of the Sears' Tower and tell me if you can see the Eiffel Tower, Taipei 101, Petronas Towers, or anything beyond the Northern Hemisphere. You can't, can you?

-If the Earth was flat, there would be no horizon, and don't say the horizon is a conspiracy because if you do, you never passed the second grade.

-Take a boat from wherever and sail all the way around the earth. You'll get right back where you started.

-Toilets and whirlpools on the Southern Hemisphere flush and swirl in the opposite direction of those on the Northern Hemisphere. This dictates that the Earth is a sphere, because if it was a prism, it would flush/swirl the same direction as all other toilets/whirlpools.

-If the Earth was a rectangular shape, there would be no room for any layer other than half of the crust, which I'd bet you theorize is yet another conspiracy (about the layers of the earth).

-If you stand on the North and South poles, a compass will go berserk, because of the strong magnetic force. Again, this would not happen if the Earth was flat.

-The Earth is no different from any other planet other than the fact we have all the necessary materials for life. That does not put, nor should it put, us in a superiority complex.

-If you get a powerful enough telescope, you CAN see satellites in space orbiting around Earth.

-A non-spherical object could not have a gravitational pull, and if the earth was flat, it would fall endlessly through space and time, and eventually be out of the heating radius of the Sun to be able to sustain life.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

"A government thats big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take away everything you have"...Thomas Jefferson

Very cute, I see what you did there. Your style is fresh like a Summer's Eve.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Id rather invite tptb round for coffee than someone like you at least tptb respond
better than you do.. You took the wrong pill again while stomping around like a tro*

Sources for this theory or did you dream it up ?
edit on 2-7-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
OK folks. Either the OP needs an injection of reality that he is sadly lacking or he is taking the proverbial. I mean the blue sky is a holographic projection!! Yeah right and I should have taken the blue bill.......right out of hollywood this stuff.
Any class-3 civilization would have psychological abilities and technological achievements so fantastically advanced so many light years beyond our own,they would be gods from our not even class-1 perspectives...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

-If the Earth was flat, there would be no horizon, and don't say the horizon is a conspiracy because if you do, you never passed the second grade.

What have you got to say to that... malevolent little green men from the planet zod ?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

I would say that super advanced malevolent aliens from a class-3 civilization existing within another dimension created this earth,the sun,the moon and the hologram around us we call outer space and the earth isnt flat,its a slightly curved convex disc,just like the sun and moon also are and so take a look at the moon, does it really look round? or more like a slightly curved convex disc? take a look at the sun,does it really look round? or more like a slightly curved convex disc? too bad we cant even look at the sun,its been designed to be so blindingly glaring,we cant even see it with our eyes, intentionally,so we wont be able to see where we actually are,whats really going on...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by denver22

I would say that super advanced malevolent aliens from a class-3 civilization existing within another dimension created this earth,the sun,the moon and the hologram around us we call outer space and the earth isnt flat,its a slightly curved convex disc,just like the sun and moon also are and so take a look at the moon, does it really look round? or more like a slightly curved convex disc? take a look at the sun,does it really look round? or more like a slightly curved convex disc? too bad we cant even look at the sun,its been designed to be so blindingly glaring,we cant even see it with our eyes, intentionally,so we wont be able to see where we actually are,whats really going on...

The sun looks like a circle from our perspective because from this distance we have no way to see depth...plus the fact that it's releasing enormous amounts of visible light. Binocular vision is only good for up to a few meters, beyond that your brain takes clues from the visual signals and calculates depth.

If the Earth was created by another civilization, were we created as well? What was their motivation for making us?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Nothing evil create this earth. The sun is a mirror, crystal construct, technology, and a world, it streams the Infinite Light/Love of Family in and it also connects to every other star and the Central Star, and is the transport system too.

And we are literally a mirror/reflection of HOME, our paradise in heaven, world. The cosmos is a school, it was created in a state of beauty and innocence, and its been trashed and earth has been lowered.

We aren't allowed to harm. In the battle, star wars of old, many chose not to fight, as any form of fighting or retaliation (except for direct immediate self defense, and that isn't used by everyone and is only used if every single other means has been exhausted), lowers frequency. Many choose to go home, defeat over lowering frequency.

War is the same thing.

Earth was lowered.

By interacative behavior in the school. That is what the school is, interactive. Love and Equality get us out and raise frequency.

What is evil?

It started out as AI, a toaster program of opposition in the system, ie. sickness/health, death/life, night/light, tiredness/energy, crankiness/mellow. Usually I put the good first, but I'm showing what happened.

What happened is people fell into mud puddles and made train wrecks of their lives, over billions of years, this cycle, but the schools go for infinity, and so over time, AI has quite a soul following.

And every single soul needs to be rescued, all of them.
edit on 2-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join