It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This is an image of what the flat earth would look like on the equinox

Pay attention because your discworld theory is about to be demolished.
So bloc are you sitting comfortably ...open your eyes we can teach you.

. As everyone is aware, the equinox is the 2 days a year that the day is the same length as the night, 12 hours. The Dark grey indicates the parts of the world in darkness and the light parts are the parts in sunlight. The sun is directly over the equator (the black inner circle) and the 2 red circles represent 45 deg north(inner) and 45 deg south (outer)

As you can see, simply the shape of the illuminated area instantly disproves FET's 'spotlight sun' as there is no way it could light the earth as it is observed, but what really smashes FET into pieces is sunrise and sunset;

The yellow arrows pint to where someone standing at that point would see the sun in the sky, as it is rising or setting - as you can see, it is ludicrous to think that the earth could be flat when these directions are considered as they not only do not point at the current position of the sun, but point in completely the opposite directions! (see reference for more details)

In conclusion, this proves, conclusively, that FET cannot be correct.

Reference : At the south pole, the sun is due north, at 45 deg south, the sun rises in the north-east and sets in the north west, at the equator the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, at 45 deg north the sun rises in the south-east and sets in the south-west and at the north pole the sun is due south.
The sun, at mid-day on the equinox, is directly above the equator.
edit on 2-7-2012 by denver22 because: trying to open blocs eyes.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bloc where have gone to now---come back it gets exiteing .

This is why this is so conclusive, you don't need to go to all those locations, you don't need all this information from all over the place, but i'll humour you and explain first before i explain, in the simplest terms how to do this yourself.

Everyone has known, for millenia that on the equinox the day is the same length as the night. This has been the basis of calendars, ceremonies and rituals since before written history. If you're REALLY saying that everything in every text book everywhere is unreliable, then i doubt you'll ever understand anything i write here.

As i told the other guy, you don't need all the angles, and again, i'm pretty sure you live in either the US or the UK.

If you're not sure of the times then you can time it yourself (as i'm sure you'd even claim i was lying or paid by the government etc) - the day and night on sept 22nd are 12 hours long. This means that at your latitude the sun is rising on one side of the disc and setting on the opposite side (half day, half night)

Now all you need to do is look at which direction the sun rises on that day (it will rise in the south-east) and what direction it sets (south-west). These are in completely opposite directions. Proving conclusively that the earth could not be that shape. IF IT WAS FLAT the sun would rise in the north-east and set in the north-west.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
blocula

I hope you seek and get the help you need. not every thing is a conspircy..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by warpig221

I dont believe thats really true at all...

The stars we do see from earth all have a wide variety of ages,sizes,distances and luminosities and we are able to see those few thousand stars all the time...

Yet all the other many billions of other stars of similar and equal ages,sizes,distances and luminosities that are supposedly out there,are just,never seen from earth?

No way,i'm not falling for tptb's currently enforced belief structures and i'll never be tricked into believing their currently embraced theories...

Theres just enough stars up there to keep our minds thinking the wrong way,just enough to ensure we stay transfixed and mesmerized,perpetually locked within the malevolent aliens illusion...

Whenever we look up into outer space,we are seeing a holographic illusion intentionally projected into our visible spectrum from another dimension...

And the clear blue daytime sky is also another aspect of their projected illusion,a holographic shield that keeps us from seeing where we really are,keeps us from knowing whats really going on,keeps us from realizing whos really running the show...

edit on 2-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

I find your ignorance to be massively amusing.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I prefer the simulation theory, why else would nature embed error checksums in dna.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's praise the architect of the universe, the motion of the planets and moons and the wonder of life, if I was talented enough I would create a virtual world real enough to be believable.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Then why are we able to see any stars at all,shouldnt we be seeing all of them,or seeing none of them? theres billions of stars all around us that are about the same age as the few thousand we do see and all of those billions of stars are streaming outwards their light equally as much as the few thousand we do see and so we should definitely be seeing all of them and so why dont we,why cant we? is it because the super advanced aliens curtain of holographic stars only contains the few thousand that we can see,just enough to keep us believing in their projected illusion?

You got an 'F' at physics didn't you? (Sigh) Buy a telescope, go to the country, wait until it gets dark and then look up. You'll see billions of stars, which tend to be very, very far away. As for stars during the day, we have something called 'atmosphere'.
Why do I feel like I'm talking to a wall here? Does anyone have a spare total perspective vortex I can strap this idiot into?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Why do I feel like I'm talking to a wall here? Does anyone have a spare total perspective vortex I can strap this idiot into?

here you go you hope this helps.
edit on 2-7-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Read through several pages of responses and didn't see any mention of the old "hollow earth/eternal ice" cosmology the Hitler crowd (and others) were into....Believers in this theory thought that we are living inside a globe fixed into a mass of icek extending to infinity, adhering to its concave sides. The sky is in the middle of this globe; it is a mass of bluish gas, with points of brilliant light which we mistake for stars. There are only the Sun and the Moon - both infinitely smaller than the orthodox astronomers think.

A German aviator named Peter Bender claimed that the hollow bubble of the Earth was the same size as we believe our spherical Earth to be, with solar radiation keeping everything pressed to the concave surface. Beneath our feet is an infinite mass of rock; above our heads the atmosphere stretches to 45 miles, beyond which there is a hard vacuum. At the center of this vacuum there are three objects: the Sun, the Moon and the Phantom Universe, which is a globe of blue gas containing the shining points of light astronomers mistake for stars.

Pretty crazy, eh? Yet lots of German scientists subscribed to this theory, and it was mandatory for third reichers....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zoyd23
Pretty crazy, eh? Yet lots of German scientists subscribed to this theory, and it was mandatory for third reichers....

Yes, but so was mass murder, insane Germanophilia and the belief that a stunted excresence of a man with bad teeth was some kind of superman.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zecharia

If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?

A super massive black hole holds our sun in orbit along with the entire galaxy.
That to me,is about 100 times harder to swallow than accepting the fact that the sun might be much smaller and a lot closer than we are misled to believe...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

This might make it a litlle easier to swallow buddy,

black hole

WIKI

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So you live on a flat earth.
and its only 500 miles across.
what holds up the big torch?
oh! its a balloon!
and the moon IS a balloon.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Why did this absolute rubbish receive 470 responses in just two days time??

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have to believe this guy is just yanking your chains for fun. No one can be this willfully ignorant,can they? I mean, see all kinds of crazy every day on ATS, it's pretty much the reason I come here, but this is just rediculous! He's probably sitting back and having a good laugh at the rest of us for biting on this!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxclaro
I have to believe this guy is just yanking your chains for fun. No one can be this willfully ignorant,can they? I mean, see all kinds of crazy every day on ATS, it's pretty much the reason I come here, but this is just rediculous! He's probably sitting back and having a good laugh at the rest of us for biting on this!

Oh I agree. I've already reported him for wasting our time and living under a bridge and taunting billy goat gruffs.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxclaro

Take a look at These threads he has authored. This is the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Oh I agree. I've already reported him for wasting our time and living under a bridge and taunting billy goat gruffs.
I just had to star your post

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation Take a look at These threads he has authored. This is the tip of the iceberg.

And your post a star to you, we have been there havent we guys

edit on 2-7-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

There's something not quite right with the thread title, "we are" indicates the present, "Misled" indicates the past.

Apart from that, the universe is your oyster.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Indeed we have...much to my constant chagrin. Part of me keeps hoping I'll learn, but somehow, I never do...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by denver22

Indeed we have...much to my constant chagrin. Part of me keeps hoping I'll learn, but somehow, I never do...

bloculars threads allways give us a chuckle....At first that is

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join