It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Bloc can i ask if you teach your kids this dogma ?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Bottom line is that the distance to the sun can be measured by almost anyone with rudimentary equipment and some math skills using geometry, trigonometry, and parallax. This is not secret knowledge "TPTB" has, or only equipment they possess. The measurement has been done for centuries, and has been done by amateurs and students. Accurate measurements were done 400 years ago in Europe by people such as Christiaan Huygens and Giovanni Cassini, and their methods, measurements, and math are all part of the public record for anyone to replicate or check.

As usual, Blocula, you simply ignore facts such as this because it goes against your narrow close-mided view of what YOU think is right -- a view that you may get by a sheeple-like blind belief in the words of conspiracy hucksters.

Before you claim that Huygens, Cassini, and modern amateur/student measurements are incorrect, please provide evidence as to WHY you think these measurements are incorrect. Show me the methodology and the math for your measurement.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Advanced aliens from some other planet,from another galaxy,or from another dimension,may be hundreds of feet tall when seen from our perspectives and we may be only the size of ants when seen from the aliens point of view and imagine being from a civilization thats so fantastically advanced,your able to create another world and design its intelligent inhabitants in such a way that they are unable to perceive where they really are, welcome to soul farm earth...
edit on 2-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What does that have to do with the distance from Tierra Del Fuego to Sydney? It's a very simple question, why can you not answer it?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

My two daughters and i have very easy going additudes and open minded ways of looking at reality, this mysterious existence with too many mysteries and nowhere near enough time to deal with them all,a reality that contains many more questions than answers and no one really knows anything for sure,because no one really knows where we came from and are seemingly still arriving from,no one really knows where we are,no one really knows why we are here and no one really knows where we are going,welcome to soul farm earth...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by blocula

Hi bloc. I was thinking about the size and illusion of our galaxy. We perceive it to be round and flat... But I think it could be spherical. We can only see so much with our limited perseptions. Just like we used to think the world was flat. Or maybe that was imposed on us. Maybe it's being imposed on us now.

Atoms are very much like solar sytems. Universe looks like a brain cell. Zoom in fast from outside the universe into an atom here on earth and you would get something like a fractual hologram.
www.youtube.com...

Here's where this line of thought took me. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

Why do you think it's spherical? Why are all astronomical observations wrong?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by warpig221

I dont believe thats really true at all...

The stars we do see from earth all have a wide variety of ages,sizes,distances and luminosities and we are able to see those few thousand stars all the time...

Yet all the other many billions of other stars of similar and equal ages,sizes,distances and luminosities that are supposedly out there,are just,never seen from earth?

No way,i'm not falling for tptb's currently enforced belief structures and i'll never be tricked into believing their currently embraced theories...

Theres just enough stars up there to keep our minds thinking the wrong way,just enough to ensure we stay transfixed and mesmerized,perpetually locked within the malevolent aliens illusion...

Whenever we look up into outer space,we are seeing a holographic illusion intentionally projected into our visible spectrum from another dimension...

And the clear blue daytime sky is also another aspect of their projected illusion,a holographic shield that keeps us from seeing where we really are,keeps us from knowing whats really going on,keeps us from realizing whos really running the show...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula,welcome to soul farm earth...
Yeah ok err whatever ill err come check on you when you are a bit better bloc.

P.s dont drag your daughter down that rabbit hole of fantasy.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
OK folks. Either the OP needs an injection of reality that he is sadly lacking or he is taking the proverbial. I mean the blue sky is a holographic projection!! Yeah right and I should have taken the blue bill.......right out of hollywood this stuff.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by denver22

My two daughters and i have very easy going additudes and open minded ways of looking at reality

So you tell them that aliens are going to get them from a class 3 civilization when reading a bed time story?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by warpig221

I dont believe thats really true at all...

The stars we do see from earth all have a wide variety of ages,sizes,distances and luminosities and we are able to see those few thousand stars all the time...

Yet all the other many billions of other stars of similar and equal ages,sizes,distances and luminosities are just, never seen from earth?

No way,i'm not falling for tptb's currently enforced belief structures and i'll never be tricked into believing their currently embraced theories...

Theres just enough stars up there to keep our minds thinking the wrong way,just enough to ensure we stay transfixed and mesmerized,perpetually locked within the malevolent aliens illusion...

Whenever we look up into outer space,we are seeing a holographic illusion intentionally projected into our visible wavelength from another dimension...

And the clear blue daytime sky is also another aspect of their projected illusion,a holographic shield that keeps us from seeing where we really are,keeps us from knowing whats really going on,keeps us from realizing whos really doing it...

If a bunch of stars were at the exact same distance, then it would be a crowded mess..plus which it still wouldn't necessarily mean we'd see them all. In an area where there is very little artificial light at night we see more than a "few thousand" stars as well.

Example:

That photograph was taken from Earth, in an area with very little natural light (i'm sure the exposure was lightened to see all the detail) but that has to be a few million if not billion stars there. Kind of blows holes in your "we only see a few thousand" theory eh?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

I guess you've never been out in the country on a clear night in the mountains, even upstate NY you can see thousands and thousands of stars on a good night. It's impossible to count them.

*Edit* Just saw the picture vkey08 posted (nice one btw!), look at the picture above my post, the sky is "Full" of stars. Completely full.

-Btw not to go off topic, but I was wondering the other day... does the Sun and our Solar System travel through space? Or is the Sun Stationary? Sorry it's seems like a very stupid question now that I type it, I'm thinking yes of course it does, but can anyone answer for sure?
edit on 2-7-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Like it or not,believe it or not,malevolently designed illusions,a holographic curtain of stars we call outer space, has been intentionally wrapped around our world and purposefully injected into our minds,deceiving us and keeping us as far away from the brutal truth as possible,meant to ensure we never discover where we actually are,never find out whats really being done to us and never know whos doing it...

Go outside on a clear day and try looking at the sun,its so blindingly bright we cant even look at it with our eyes and theres just no way that i'm going to believe its really 865,000 miles across and 93,000,000 miles away...

Because the sun is much smaller than we are intentionally misled to think it is and its a lot closer than we are purposefully taught to believe it is...

If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

Something,or someone,wants humanity to feel helplessly trapped and hopelessly small,but i dont believe we really are...

Something,or someone,wants humanity to think theres no way for us to get away,with nowhere else for us to go,but i dont believe its really true...

Visualize the functions and understand the reasons for those little heat lights that so many of us hang up high inside our home made terrariums,shining down to keep our little pets illuminated and warm,as they live and die totally oblivious within,never realizing they exist in a fabricated reality...

Those unnerving questions and comparisons will open our eyes and minds to the truth about what the sun actually is,what its really doing and what its really for...

Perhaps this will be too profoundly disturbing for a lot of people to try and comprehend and so ridiculing and denying the possibility will be easier for them to live with,but i think its the brutal truth and the possibility of it actually being true is very real and should not be ignored...

"The earth is a farm,we are someone elses property" Charles Fort 1874-1932

"Theres a terrible lot of lies going about the world and the worst of it is,half of them are true" Winston Churchill 1874-1965

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools,shown in the media,or proclaimed by the church and state.Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance,taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality,a collective dream in which values are inverted,lies are taken as truth and tyranny is accepted as security.They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"...Thomas Cox

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Though there are many lies being perpetuated by the leaders of our world this claim you make that we live in a matrix of deception from what we believe about where and who we are in our universe seems to me to be very absurd! Now i'm one who believes that all claims of deception should be questioned and examined! that we need to keep an open mind to our perceptions of reality but this deception by astrophysisist that our universe and sun is a blatent lie is redicules! There have been massive observations that have enabled us to better understand our universe which so ties into the reality of every day life and allows us to prove the physics of our environment! these observations allow us to understand that reality is multidemensional! That time and space are interwoven into a fabric which ties togeather all matter! That our universe is over 14 billion years old and the earth is 4.5 billion years! How do you explain how nothing in the universe was as it was percieved by us to be? How do you account for all that is not understood like UFOs, bigfoot, paranormal activity and the likes? Would'nt everything be explainable? how do you account for meteors? How do men go into space if there is a fabric on the sky? How do Physisist calculate orbits if the positions of the bodies in our solarsystem were not known by us?
Never mind your two questions of "If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?" All the stars in the milky way but mostly the supermassive blackhole in the center of our galaxy that and all the stars orbiting it! Your other question is redicules "Why don't we see more stars at night?" the same reason we don't see stars during the day! The reason is dust in our atmosphere and dust in our galaxy! This is the same reason the sky is blue during the day also called the doppler effect where the longer red light gets filtered by dust and gives us a blue sky! This is also why in astronomy things that are moving towards us appear blue, while those moving away appear red! Well i hope you see that this theory is busted! If you understood more about physics you would understand that this theory could never hold water!
edit on 2-7-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: Corrections!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

But you have no problem believing this?

You have estimated the diameter of this disc to be about 25,000 miles. A quick look shows that the distance between Tierra Del Fuego and Sydney would be about 18,000 - 20,000 miles? This LINK shows the distance to be 5892 miles. Do you agree or disagree? Do you even understand this? This is ONE very simple example of why your discworld "theory" can not be true. Aside from asking where in the hell is antarctica in this image, I can't think of a simpler way to show you this is pure bullspit. Now what do you have to say?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The number of "individual stars" that are distinctly visible with the naked eye is only about 5000 (stars or +6 magnitude or brighter). However, considering that we can see great clouds of stars, albeit not individual stars, with the naked eye brings than number up too the billions...

...I mean, the entire Andromeda galaxy is visible when the sky is dark enough, although individual stars cannot be seen.

By the way, that number of 5000 individual distinct stars we can see with the naked eye could easily increase by a factor of 10 (say at least 50,000+ individual stars) with just a basic telescope or good binoculars.
edit on 7/2/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
1) Curvature of the Earth can be seen by anyone when they achieve a high enough altitude (and no, I mean a sphere, not a circle). You don't have to go to space to see this. People take pictures of this all the time from jetliners, to photographers who are standing at the summit of Mt. Everest.

2) Angle of declination for the sun and the stars. You can't achieve that with your disc world. Transportation now is fast enough that in just a few short hours a person can travel far enough in latitude to see this change.

3) Ships traveling on the ocean will appear to sink after about 20 miles. This fits perfectly with the Earth being a sphere 24,000 miles around it's equator. People have been on ships and have taken pictures of skyscrapers from cities like New York, Miami, etc, and you can clearly watch the buildings "sink" the further away you get.

4) FOV for northern and southern hemispheres (IE Ursa Minor and Southern Cross). You can only see one north of the equator and the other south of the equator. Again, impossible to achieve with a disc.

5) The Coriolis Effect with the differences in the northern and southern hemisphere, again, your disc world would not be able to achieve this.

6) Explain the ocean tides please? (can't wait to hear this one).

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Hi erik good to see you, yeah i posted what you posted to him before but still
no answer from him,i hit a stumbling bloc with trying to get a response off him .

Anything that shatters his premise gets ignored same old -same old.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Bloc r-e-a-d this p-l-e-a-s-e.....

"One of the oldest proofs of the Earth's shape, however, can be seen from the ground and occurs during every lunar eclipse. The geometry of a lunar eclipse has been known since ancient Greece. When a full Moon occurs in the plane of Earth's orbit, the Moon slowly moves through Earth's shadow. Every time that shadow is seen, its edge is round. Once again, the only solid that always projects a round shadow is a sphere."

"There was no straightforward proof for the motion of Earth until 1725 when James Bradley discovered stellar aberration. This is (apparent) yearly change in positions of all stars in the sky due to Earth's own motion. Aberration arises due to adding up of the speed of light coming from the star and Earth's own speed. This is a very complex phenomenon and its description requires some math.

Another, much simpler, consequence of Earth's motion is stellar parallax. If Earth changes its position relative to the stars, than the stars should appear to change position in the course of the year.

A common experiment illustrating parallax is just looking at a close object (a finger, a pencil etc) with one eye at the time. When you switch from one to the other eye, the object will appear to move against the background. Closer the object is to your eyes, more pronounced the effect is.

Parallax should not be confused with aberration: parallax arises from the change of Earth's position and depends on the distance to the star, while aberration is caused by Earth's great speed and does not depend on how far the star is.

Parallax of a star was first measured by Bessel in 1838. It was not measured before because this change of star's apparent position is very small (the stars are very far from us). This was a very important discovery because Aristotle himself mentioned the lack of observable stellar parallax as the proof that the Earth is not moving (he didn't have a telescope and didn't know that the stars are so distant).

A third discovery proving Earth's motion was that of Doppler effect. Wavelength of the light that we receive from objects moving relative to us becomes a little shorter (i.e. bluer) when we approach the source and becomes longer (i.e. redder) when we move away from the source. When Earth moves toward a star, the star will appear slightly bluer (only high-tech instruments can measure this) while it will appear redder when Earth is on the other side of the orbit and moves in the opposite direction. This effect proves that Earth has a velocity relative to the stars, similar to aberration.

So, aberration (slight change in stellar positions due to Earth's speed), parallax (slight change in stellar positions due to Earth's changing position) and Doppler effect (slight change in color of stars due to Earth's speed) all prove that Earth is moving around the Sun, and not the other way round."

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
Bloc can i ask if you teach your kids this dogma ?

I teach my children that this entire Matrix is an illusion and not to fill their minds with the games and programming.

Instead, there is a post to think of, this is what I teach my children:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The author was under some kind of higher up dark side threats, and when I linked this to counter some of the religious writings, and really ridiculous things, on his thread, he wrote to me and told me to delete that. We had quite a discussion and I said, no way, that dark side agenda of controlling the world through religions, is not happening. And he said, I understand.

Because his family was on the line, I did delete that link on his big thread, but linked it under my profile.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was going to post a long reply, but I'm still somewhat confused as to what would make someone believe this.

I mean, how long as this been wrapped around the world and by whom? The stars have been studdied for centuries, or is that a lie invented around the same time as the printing press and mass distributed as quickly as possible?

I'm all for conspiracies, but this is slightly too far out of this world (no pun intended) than my mind can really stretch to, without my wild imagination taking me in to the realms of fiction.

Interesting idea for a film though, although it reminds me of Truman Show, in a way.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join