It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

Then the earth might be about 25,000 miles across from our human perspectives

How far is Australia from say, the southern tip of South America?

Well going by the astounding image below,perhaps the most eye and mind opening thing i've ever looked at,the slightly curved convex earth is about 25,000 miles across,with its glacial outer edge kept frozen by the extreme coldness of outerspace,the frigid vacum that we are hoovering suspended within,inside the class 3 aliens laboratory,warmed by an artifical sun not so far above us...

The distances between land masses can be estimated by looking at the known width of africa and australia and comparing them to the other oceans and continents...

As well as determining diameter,height and distance estimates for the convex discs abover us that we call the sun and moon...

Has anyone ever sailed or flown all the way around the earths supposed equator,without stopping, while never veering off course and filmed the entire journey unedited,to try and prove the earth is really round?

I doubt it and how would anyone really know if they were actually sailing and flying around a circular globe,or just unknowingly sailing and flying around upon a slightly curved convex disc?

4.bp.blogspot.com...

edit on 2-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

No I get it, if you are right then Nibiru can sneak up on earth because the south pole does not exist and we cannot see the underside of your dish shaped earth.
Funny I have never fallen off the edge yet, but been around it often enough to know you are talking bulldust.

The only other people who believe you would be Monty Python's Flying Circus.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Maybe this should be renamed the "Torturing Small Animals" thread, 'cause you guys really seem to be enjoying yourselves.

We once thought the Earth was flat, and the center of the Universe. Now we know better, but only because we have the additional information needed to correct "obvious," but mistaken in retrospect, views.

Does anyone in here actually believe everything NASA, etc., tells them? Have any of you personally measured the distance to the Sun to confirm the science establishment's claims?

Didn't think so.

Right or wrong, at least Bloc's trying to use the intuitive mind, and trying to think outside the box. More than I can say for the rest of you.

As you were, with sharp sticks at the ready. Didn't mean to interrupt your fun.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
I don't think the OP is right but hey it's just a theory and something that is interesting to discuss, breaks up the usual dullness, I've seen much worse threads on here.

Now here is something I've often thought about...

So the sun is a huge ball of matter yes? And that matter is burning or rather there is supposed to be a nuclear explosive continuously occurring yes? This is producing a huge amount of energy and that energy isn't actually that efficient because it's being blasted out in all directions yes?

Well surely then the sun would be losing mass as this is happening right? After billions of years of constantly losing mass it surely must of lost a somewhat significant amount of the mass no? And our orbit is governed by the mass of the sun right? Mass = gravity and all that.

So does anyone know exactly how far away we have moved from the sun in all that time? Surely we must have moved away from it to some degree right? The sun must be getting smaller to some degree too no?

Or is this thinking way off base? If so could someone explain why? In layman's terms please

Anyway just something I thought would fit the thread and kinda thinking out loud...

I get the same question almost every year from one of my students in physics classes. It stems in large part from a confusion about what a fusion reaction is. People conflate it with burning, which is a chemical oxidation-reduction reaction, while fusion combines 4 hydrogen atoms into one helium atom. A tiny bit of mass is converted into energy, but if you look at a periodic table, you will see that the mass difference between 4 hydrogens and 1 helium is just .7%. That is 7 parts in a thousand. And that .7% is what happens when ALL the hydrogen has been fused into helium over the 10 billion year life of the sun. As it turns out, the sun loses about 4,200,000,000 kilograms of mass per second.. But that is a tiny percentage of the sun's total mass of 2 x 10^30 kilograms. 100 years of fusion results in a loss of only about 6.6 parts per trillion of mass. Since orbital distance varies by the same percentage as mass, the result is that over 100 years, the orbital distance will increase by about 1 meter. That is too small to be measured and is well within the margin of error for even our best instruments.
OK, there's the answer. But just reading the answer does nothing for fundamental understanding. To truly understand, you must work out the answers for yourself. I can help with that. The formula for determining how much mass is lost is the famous E=mc^2, where the energy is the luminosity of the sun, or about 3.8 x 10^28 watts. The formula for determining the semi-major axis of the orbit is a = [ G (M+m) P^2 / (4 pi^2) ]^(1/3). Remember to keep in mind the significant figures rules.

Class dismissed.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

But we can see them with a telescope! You see that's kind of the point....Human vision has it's limits, but telescopes let you see the light that's become too dim due to distance...How is this too hard for you to understand?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
May be aliens chage ther size of Sun?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy

Class dismissed.

We're not your students, and we're not asking you to educate us.

Any motion, requires energy. To walk, you must ue energy ... to drive your car, you must use energy. Anything that obtains motion, requires energy. So when you measure motion, it is safe to assume that your are not in reality measure the motion or the distance, but the energey and state of energy involved.

You may pull up a stick, and say a meter is the length from here to there. It's more the measurement of the energy invovled, photonic, electrical or other means to sense the passing of an object from one position to another. Or, more correctly, from one state to another.

So, whatever measurements you use, to measure your distance. Whatever formula you use, state of energy is involved. So, distance is not merely a clear and shut case ... it's a very complex case, that involves varying factors.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Has anyone ever sailed or flown all the way around the earths supposed equator,without stopping, while never veering off course and filmed the entire journey unedited,to try and prove the earth is really round?

More than a few people have..... or are you now claiming history didn't happen...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If I may be so bold, as to talk distances here.

Everything conserning distance, is energy ... even when looking through a looking glass, or telescope. In the case of a telescope we are merely "enlarging" each photon that brings us an image. I dare to say, that we have already exceeded the telescopes ability to give us exact images. But, that is another issue ... and I don't have the right calculations to support my theory here ... on with distance.

In older times, distance would be measured in "days of travel", "n-days ride". Today we have different means of travel, not only by a horse, and we have defined a meter stick, that basically tells us. That it takes n-liters to drive by gasoline, m-liters per anything else, or two hamburgers, basically, to get there.

Even if we talk about the vision of light, this requires the body to create electrical signals from the photonic waves, which need to travel to the brain.

Your perception of distance, may just as well be the amount of energy it requires for your body to produce the image to the brain ... nothing more, and nothing less.

In fact, I agree with the op on many pages. I am not saying anyone is trying to deceive us, but that I find it toally illogical and absurd, to assume the Universe has exploded into anywhere, or is retracting itself to somewhere. What on earth, would be on that other side of the universal curtain?

This part alone, should alert us all ... that what we are talking about, is only a perception of reality. Not reality itself.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by InLightTend

Thanx for posting that beautiful image and how many stars are seen within it? 2,000? 5,000? maybe 10,000? well then where are the remaining billions of stars? which would and should be illuminating the night sky like day,that is,if they're really out there...

No there's billions in that picture, or do live in flat land a 2d reality. I know its hard to comprehend the size of the know universe but do you think that stars are all the same distance away?

With your flat earth image, as you've stated that there's only a few hundred or thousand stars and they are holographic is this also the answer for the visible planets, if so then there's really no point of debate as all is illusion when your stuck in a corner. The Aliens creating our reality are Illusions to others creating the aliens reality and so on. Not very original however your train of thought does follow the laws of this illusion by going in cycles and finishing where you started. Your trapped and your getting further from release than you could possibly imagine.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
3 points I wish to make then I am going to leave you with a little conundrum and see exactly how far your mind takes you.

1. Observations of the sun and her path, amongst other celestial bodies, are part of my job – go and look at any “Nautical Almanac” of any year you wish. The answers to refute ALL of your ideas in your OP are either in the front few or back few pages.
2. From where I am right now, as I type this, (approx 4*S, 110*E) there are a lot more than a few hundred stars in the night sky – let me give you the tip!!
3. Your premise suggests that the 4 years I did at the Australian Maritime College was all in vain and that the knowledge I , and thousands of others like me gained, regarding celestial navigation, was all a lie and that everything I know is wrong - even though the maths is not

One thing that you are correct in assuming though, from what I gathered from your post, is that, AS VIEWED FROM THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH, the Sun and Moon have an almost identical diameter. The Moon is exactly four hundred times smaller than the Sun but four hundred times closer to the Earth so that both the Sun and the Moon appear to be precisely the same size in the sky - which gives us the phenomenon we call a total eclipse.

Furthermore, the Moon mirrors the movement of the Sun in the sky by rising and setting at the same point on the horizon as the Sun does at opposite solstices. For example, this means the Moon rises at midwinter at the same place the Sun does at midsummer. There is no logical reason why the Moon mimics the Sun in this way and it is only meaningful to a human standing on the Earth.

Also, you would no doubt be aware that the Moon is the only known celestial object that does not rotate on its own axis – why is that?

The Sumerian tablets, as interpreted by Zecharia Sitchin, suggests it was not even our moon to begin with. There are also theories that the moon is an artificially hollowed-out spaceship and a sonic resonance pulse directed at the moon gives off a “ping” whereas all other planets give a “thump”.

Hats off to you though – you post would no doubt have John Hadley rolling in his grave (inventor of the Octant – precursor to the Sextant).

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Cyruay

I'm suppose to automatically accept and believe tptb's currently enforced belief that the 93,000,000 miles away sun,is gravitationally powerful enough to hold the earth and other planets in orbit for billions of years...

even while everything is flying,or falling,outwards through outer space at the millions of miles per hour speeds that we are told they are traveling at...

gravity itself is just a currently enforced theory about something that might not even really exist, something thats supposedly strong enough to adhere billions of tons of moving ocean water upon the outside surface of earth...

yet i'm able to easily resist that astounding force by picking up a stone off the ground with one hand...

hmmm,i dont think so...

somethings really wrong with a lot of the things that we are told to think and taught to believe and this thread is getting close to the ultimate truth,imo...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Would you please stop with the "taught to believe", When i am being taught something if I don't understand I raise my hand and ask for clarity until I understand what I'm taught. To believe in science is very dangerous as you can easily be fooled by charlatans, So instead of trying to deny others that come by that also have issues understanding why not start thread trying to debate why the holographic universe Theory should apply more to our reality than current standards.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Go outside and find a light that is on or turn one on if you need to. Walk away. Look at it. Keep walking, keep looking. Does it get brighter as you get farther away? Does it get dimmer? Of course. WHY?

ETA: All light diminishes in intensity over distance. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit on 1-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: ETA

Do you have to be so technical, hold on what do you do when you walk away, Ah got it. Oh wait nah not yet

I cant see where im going if I keep looking at the light Deg namit.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Don't walk too close to the edge bloclular!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

He gets this all from these charlatans like icke ,He doesn't question them, he is like the sheep
he thinks we are.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Beings of LIGHT* trapped in darkens

Darkness provides LIGHT* of artificial kind to make LIGHT* beings feel like @ home & to grow vegetation-FLORA to feed animals-FAUNA for LIGHT* beings MANIFESTED (3d) BODIES to ingest heavy matter/material GIA material, to keep them ( LIGHT* beings MANIFESTED (3d) BODIES) GROUNDED or sustained/comfortable in the non native dark home.

Interesting OP, could be a LIGHT* farm BUT just as it can be a LIGHT* trap it can also easily be a trap to see what dark ENERGIES would attract to the farm as well
FOR WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT IN REVERSE IS IT A DARKNESS trap PROVIDED FOR dark* beings to grow within also that IS OVERSEEN BY THOSE YOU WOULD CONSIDER HIGH ANGELS OR ARCS or FOR EA*RTH SCIENTIST label-Positive Vibrating Inter dimensionals Ultra dimensional????

Who's really potentially trapping who
. Is it JUST the darkness trapping LIGHT ENERGIES in a fake/artificial LIGHT realm OUTSIDE of the EYE of the BRIGHTEST LIGHT* (VENUS) or, IS THIS REALLY A ENERGY ZONE TO TRAP/REVIEW DARKNESS (family) w/o IT/them KNOWING all why DARKNESS IS being observed from a CREATOR VIEW POINT to see how it mistreats and deceives ENERGIES NOT BELONGING TO THE DARK & since both dark and LIGHT belong to the CREATOR of ALL* The CREATOR of ALL* has governance over the DARKNESS and what becomes of it/their ENERGIES (YES)....... WONDERS how the BRIGHTEST LIGHT* AND FAMILY OF LIGHT* FEEL ABOUT THIS? And what would/WILL THE & THEY do UPON APPROACH OF THE MANY
KINGDOMS OF DARKNESS THAT are/were
hidden from the LIGHT* for soooooo long... SOMETHING FOR ALL* to CONSIDER even NATAS of EA*RTH for it knows even if the lowers do not.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by denynothing

I find it extremely difficult to believe how a sun thats supposedly 93,000,000 miles away is able to hold a 1,000,000,000,000,000 ton earth in orbit for billions of years and what is it exactly that holding the sun in its orbital position?

This is just getting worse and worse.

You're just a spec of sand in the Sahara desert, not knowing what you are, trying to explain to the other grains of sand, that have discovered how small they really are what they're true purpose is when you don't even understand your own size let alone what you really are.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So what is actually a magical chariot that travels across the sky?

Millions of stars? Go to the Desert or some high up mountains, wait until dark...let your eye adjust. Now As the Milkyway rises behold the millions of stars...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

reply to post by blocula

Go outside and find a light that is on or turn one on if you need to. Walk away. Look at it. Keep walking, keep looking. Does it get brighter as you get farther away? Does it get dimmer? Of course. WHY?

ETA: All light diminishes in intensity over distance. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit on 1-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: ETA

Do you have to be so technical, hold on what do you do when you walk away, Ah got it. Oh wait nah not yet

I cant see where im going if I keep looking at the light Deg namit.

Try this then, using a high wattage halogen floodlight. Turn it on and move away, looking back periodically until you can no longer see the light. You may need to leave a trail of breadcrumbs. Now approach the light and watch it become brighter. Get close enough to feel the heat so there's no doubt. Funny how that works. Simple enough for you?

If you have a simpler way to demonstrate that light diminishes in intensity over distance to someone who says it doesn't, who believes all stars should appear as bright as each other regardless of size, distance or magnitude. Someone who believes that Antarctica is a 78,000 mile curb of ice around a slightly curved convex disc we call Earth. Someone who can't look at an image of that disc and immediately see how it distorts the known distances between locations around the world and the list goes on and on, then by all means present it.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

reply to post by warpig221

Seriously,are you really sure beyond all shadows of any doubt that what you've said is actually true? or is it that you and anyone else in the mainstream,is only able to repeat what tptb teach us to think and tell us to believe? and if so,realize that we dont really know anything for sure,because our currently enforced belief structures and perpetually altering theories are all we have to go by and tptb lie to us about so many vital things all the time,dont they?

edit on 2-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Seriously why do you keep following these PTB that you say lie to us. They have never lied to me as I am an individual and try not to use assumptions Like Us, We and our as I cant speak for anyone other than myself.

They might try to lie to the masses but the masses hold the real power because if ever those lies That TPTB spew were realized they wouldn't be in power any more.

So I think your saying that most of us are asleep in a complex dream that has science and math that can explain most of it and you have awoken into the real world and are here to save us all by telling us its hologram or illusion even though holograms and illusions are concepts from this very same dream world that you have awoken from.

Why are you on the internet they gave you why are you not rebelling and moving away from modern technology as it is all release by approval of TPTB.

Why do use money to help you survive, do you know that was created by TPTB.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join