It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
in the old days 15-20 years ago the sun turned red when it was rising and setting.

I think its because the air is so clean now, that its still bright when rising and setting.

Al Gore wants you to pay carbon taxes like there is no tomorrow though.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You know, we can see your name to the left, and in your signature, you don't need to include it in your post as well you jezzobell.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The sun is as real as you are deemed to believe it is. All of any existence is in the eye of the observer or observers, beyond that it does not exist expect to mirror each other in there likenesses. Your trying to find the why for some of the things you may have gathered and witnessed, or caught a glimpse of.

Your arguing with people who still argue about differences in there base perspectives such as the meaning of even base fundamental things, and if you keep asking why? and how? to even the fundamentals eventually you will reach a place were everything breaks down and nothing makes sense. The universe is constantly being invented each and every-time you or anybody looks at it. That is its nature to reflect back that which you are. So yes it is a prison, and there is no escaping it, just like there is never any escaping yourself.

And that which you are is reflected back onto you and every-human every-time you look up at it. What do you see when you look at the mirror? But the vast emptiness of the void. As above and so below. You see told you that it reflects each and everyone of your souls. Your emptiness, you look outward because you can not stand to look inward into what you really are. And so they wish to populate this void with others least they really have to start looking at themselves as they really are. They search for extraterrestrials, something beyond themselves.

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night?

For the same reasons why you only see or notice a few people or only those that you personally know. In a crowd of thousands or billions.

why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars?

It is filled with that and much more, you just don't see it. Lets call it perspective.

why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

It is aglow, but you just cant see it. Lets call it being able to see in only a few spectrum's of light and energy's.

Something,or someone,wants humanity to feel helplessly trapped and hopelessly small,but i dont believe we really are...

Your mirroring yourself.

"The earth is a farm,we are someone elses property" Charles Fort 1874-1932

Charles Fort, needed to get out of his own little fort once in a while to see the truths of his fancy's.

"Theres a terrible lot of lies going about the world and the worst of it is,half of them are true" Winston Churchill 1874-1965

Churchill was ignorant of a great many things. It seems that it was only in his latter years that he became aware of his own ignorance.

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools,shown in the media,or proclaimed by the church and state.Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance,taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality,a collective dream in which values are inverted,lies are taken as truth and tyranny is accepted as security.They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"...Thomas Cox

Reality is what you make of it. A collective reality, a consensus reality. Its an old trick, and your handlers know this and have been using that very fact to there benefit for a long time, and your right it was not even invented by them, but others. And so in searching for identity they find models being strung up to mirror and to be like everywhere they look. And the funny thing is, that they to are just puppets with strings. And when all of reality is a web of strings, then you will get entangled in it like bugs in a spiders web.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

So lets see,theres supposedly around a hundred billion stars within a hundred billion galaxies and the vast majority of those stars,about 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of them,have been emanating light thats been shining outwards for billions of years,yet all we are able to see from earth are a few thousand of them?... Hmmmm?... No way... Its an illusion...

Ok - let me ask you one more time, although I question why I am even entertaining such stubborn stupidity or ridiculous trolling, whichever it may be - you seem to ignore anything that proves you are terribly wrong:

HOW DOES ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY WORK?

If I point my telescope at a BLACK SPACE in the SKY, where my naked eyes sees NOTHING, why am I able to get an image on film? If it's a MYTH and an illusion, I should not be able to capture anything on film - correct? Yet I do! Please explain.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Really?

I'm a physics student and I can tell you the math adds up.
I've done the math and I've seen the math.
The same math that works for calculating the orbit of satellites and the moon.
So unless the math is fake and someone is controlling reality your premise is way off.

As for why you only see a few hundred stars at night...

Try going out to the dessert, there is a reason why our galaxy is called the milky way, there are so many stars that they streak together in a milky wash of such beautiful colors it's breath taking.

What is keeping the sun in orbit?
The same force that keeps us orbiting the sun, gravity.
The sun orbits the center of the milky way as do all stars, those stars then in turn have planets that orbit them.

The math adds up...
Your entire post shows a complete lack of understanding of gravity and calculus.
Unless of course Issac Newton was part of the conspiracy and made up a from of math that not only explains how gravity works on earth and how the earth and moon move together but also covers up the fact that the sun is closer.
You can't have it both ways either the math hides the truth and doesn't work for the moon and satellites or the math is right.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I get what he is getting at though. What he is trying to say is that some unknown unseen agency is hiding from us the reality of our universe, and that an illusion is being provided for our benefit to keep us from knowing the truth.

There is no precedent for that on ATS by the way.

But lets say theres something to that. What other real world aberration could we find that gives us a clue to something suspicious in the sensors we deploy to detect what is out there? Where might we see an error in information gathering ability that plagues our further understanding (even for a little while) and maybe makes us wonder who is really controlling what we see?

Take Hubble for instance. Here we have a telescope that when first launched and activated showed us just how small we were, after they adjusted for the error in the mirror's surface. Who's to say that wasn't by some design of the controllers? That Hubble was going to see some stuff it "wasn't supposed to", so to delay our reaching for further horizons, a slight aberration was introduced into the project which would prevent us from focusing on some distant object that would tell all about the real universe "behind the scenes".

By the time the error was detected and corrected, the controllers had "fixed" the problem by blocking that portion of space with some dust or dragging another star in front of it so we could not see "it" directly.

"It" being the ultimate answer to the mystery of life, the Universe and everything.

Nah, some guy nicked a piece of electricians tape with an exacto knife, setting the focal length off by a mm during laser calibration of Hubble's mirror.

See here

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

We are able to see with our eyes the light from a few hundred stars reaching us all the time and so why are we not able toI dont think the moon really cares how big or small,or how far away the sun actually is,but i sure do.. see the light from the millions and billions of stars reaching us that supposedly are out there? Surely the night sky should be lit up and aglow more or less like daytime,should it not?

No actually it stands to reason that those stars are unthinkably far away .... do you have any idea how far a light year is? 5,865,696,000,000 miles in a lightyear. roughly....

TO put this in perspective it's really amazing we can see those stars at all, especially when you factor in light pollution and etc in most locations.

You are aware that we wouldn't be able to launch satellites and keep them up in the air if we didn't know how far away the sun was and how much gravity affects us right? How do you explain satellites?

Honestly I don't even know why I bother... you are truly a blight on the nether regions of ATS's backside Blocula. Your threads make all the people out there that are genuinely searching for the truth look bad. It's not often that I say this but honestly your drivel offends me.

Every time I open a blocula thread I am treated to a stunning brain punch of epic proportions. For those that don't know what a brain punch is it's when someone says something so STUPID that a fist of stupid bypasses your skull completely and PUNCHES YOU DIRECTLY IN THE BRAIN.

I feel stupider for having read this thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

The sky would never appear to be "lit up like daytime" even if there were no light pollution. It is because the stars are just too far away.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
We perceive the world around us and the universe as a whole using our basic 5 senses,our brains being truly powerful beyond even our own understanding takes in all this data from our 5 senses and formulates an acceptable picture for use to see. theories are produced using the inner minds eye after having used the basic 5 senses to come to some kind of understanding of our surroundings,so just because an extremely well educated persons theory is excepted because of there position in society dose not mean we can rule out the theories of one of lesser clout and standing in society.

Why can a man borne with no eyes paint the way Esref Armagan can? could it be that we are much more then we appear to be?
We need to open our eyes not the ones on our faces!

Hats off to the OP for stepping out on a limb that most people retract from for fear of ridicule and embarrassment thinking outside the box is a good thing ,it just means that one is not thinking within the restraints of the generally taught guidelines and that can only lead to discovery of things never before uncovered.

“It is not likely that we primates gazing through bits of glass for a century or two will dissemble the architecture and history of infinity. But if we don’t try we won’t get anywhere. Therefore we professionals do the best we can to fit the odd clues we have into some kind of plausible story. That is how science works, and that is the spirit in which our cosmological speculations should be treated. Don’t be impressed by our complex machines or our arcane mathematics. They have been used to build plausible cosmic stories before - which we had to discardafterwards in the face of improving evidence. The likelihood must be that such revisions will have to occur again and again and again.”
M - Disney

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Interesting idea, but I don't know. It's hard to say.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That's an interesting idea with the Hubble.

Some scientists knew it would happen though.

The problem was the lenses in the Hubble were so large and so precise that any minor alteration made them nearly useless.

What cause the problem was the lack of gravity, without the constant downward acceleration caused by being on earth the lenses actually expanded a little.
Since they were so large this expansion was enough to affect them.

I have read papers though that said the team lead was warned about this from a colleague that pointed out astronauts are taller in space.
The team lead dismissed it saying that people were soft and the lenses were hard and dense and wouldn't be affected.

Turns out they were affected and the Hubble was fixed with what essentially turned out to be giant corrective lenses.

It's an interesting theory you put forth, but it wasn't like the Hubble got up there and simply didn't work.
There were those that knew it wouldn't work and the reasons it didn't work are quite logical.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostcooler

He can do it through years of practice and the ability of our brains ability to understand space (like the video said). As you can see he had to touch a 3d model of the building before he was able to draw it. This is why he could only draw the outline of the building without any of the details.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Sounds like someone has been listening to "Miracles" by ICP too much.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Like it or not,believe it or not,malevolently designed illusions,a holographic curtain of stars we call outer space, has been intentionally wrapped around our world and purposefully injected into our minds,deceiving us and keeping us as far away from the brutal truth as possible,meant to ensure we never discover where we actually are,never find out whats really being done to us and never know whos doing it...

Go outside on a clear day and try looking at the sun,its so blindingly bright we cant even look at it with our eyes and theres just no way that i'm going to believe its really 865,000 miles across and 93,000,000 miles away...

Because the sun is much smaller than we are intentionally misled to think it is and its a lot closer than we are purposefully taught to believe it is...

If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

Something,or someone,wants humanity to feel helplessly trapped and hopelessly small,but i dont believe we really are...

Something,or someone,wants humanity to think theres no way for us to get away,with nowhere else for us to go,but i dont believe its really true...

Visualize the functions and understand the reasons for those little heat lights that so many of us hang up high inside our home made terrariums,shining down to keep our little pets illuminated and warm,as they live and die totally oblivious within,never realizing they exist in a fabricated reality...

Those unnerving questions and comparisons will open our eyes and minds to the truth about what the sun actually is,what its really doing and what its really for...

Perhaps this will be too profoundly disturbing for a lot of people to try and comprehend and so ridiculing and denying the possibility will be easier for them to live with,but i think its the brutal truth and the possibility of it actually being true is very real and should not be ignored...

"The earth is a farm,we are someone elses property" Charles Fort 1874-1932

"Theres a terrible lot of lies going about the world and the worst of it is,half of them are true" Winston Churchill 1874-1965

"There is far more to this world than taught in our schools,shown in the media,or proclaimed by the church and state.Most of mankind lives in a hypnotic trance,taking to be reality what is instead a twisted simulacrum of reality,a collective dream in which values are inverted,lies are taken as truth and tyranny is accepted as security.They enjoy their ignorance and cling tightly to the misery that gives them identity"...Thomas Cox

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Uh, dude, the sky is a blaze with an uncountable amount of stars, go into the mountains with no light pollution and it'll blow your mind. There is almost no empty space in between stars, it's like someone bedazzled the night sky.

As for why it doesn't light out planet, it's because they are so much further away than Sol. We only orbit Sol, we don't orbit these other stars.

Also, even though the universe is huge, I don't think anybody believes for a minute that we are trapped here for eternity. Technology is amazing. Nikola Tesla actually said that the speed of light was variable and was not a finite barrier of speed. He also claimed to have measurements to prove that energy potentials could travel at over 5,000 times the speed of light.

It's much simpler to believe that Tesla is correct, than to believe this cockeyed story you invented. The sun is massive, the moon is closer than the sun, yeah? So explain why it's so tiny compared to the sun....

Hint: It's cuz the sun is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much bigger than the moon.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Sorry but someone's got to say it. What a retard.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I think this may help you a little bit m8

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

As I have told many people before...I am well aware of this...my signing or typing of my name has a purpose. One you need not know. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

OP.. I only read 1/2 your post, but I think you're off the reservation.

I'll just point out 1 small detail about how many stars we can see at night. You obviously live in a light-polluted night time environment. If you live somewhere remote, there are too many stars to count visible. Now I haven't been somewhere remote personally, friends have and they say it's amazing. But I know they're telling the truth, because of what happened during a power outage in my city years ago, I went outside and it was the darkest I can remember and there were so many more stars visible it made me feel insignificant.. I actually layed back on the grass looking up at the stars and it was too much, i wasn't used to seeing *all that*.

If that is all fake, then an amazing forgery

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?

-Answer: our galaxy

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

Bloc, we live in the developed world where we are saturated with light pollution. Have you ever been to the deserts of Arizona or anywhere that is quite far from any light sources? By quite far I mean hundreds of miles away from sources of man-made light. If you have ever taken such a trip you would look up and see thousands upon thousands and even millions of stars in some places of the world.

Here is a picture someone took of the Milky Way Galaxy from a remote spot.

Take up astronomy as a hobby, buy yourself a telescope, and actually search the skies for yourself rather than making a fool of yourself by posting things you have never actually examined but with the naked eye.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
>>
>>

The sun, along with billions of other stars are "in orbit" around the center of our galaxy.

>>
>>

The naked eye sees approx. 6000 stars at night, if you are lucky and live far from lights, you see the milky way, andromeda galaxy etc. which is billions of stars alone. If you only use a simple binocular or a $200 telescope, you see billions of billions of stars because you can see nebulas, clusters etc. So in fact, YOU DO see millions of stars. OPEN YOUR EYES MAYBE?

The sky is not "aglow" since due to the immense distances of other stars, the light is still not enough. The moon can light up the sky a bit, tho.

>>

Something,or someone,wants humanity to think theres no way for us to get away,with nowhere else for us to go,but i dont believe its really true...
>>

Mankind, ever since they look up to the stars, are dreaming of "traveling" to the stars. We already sent probes outside of our own solar system, now on the way in deeper parts of the galaxy. We sent people to our moon, and probes are roaming mars, took pictures of jupiter and other planets in high resolution. Next month, one of the biggest mars mission-rovers will make it to mars after about a year joerney, with new experiments, cameras etc.

What, really, is the point of your bizarre theories...they are not even good for entertainment..they are just silly and pointless.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join