It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

theres just no way that i'm going to believe that its really 865,000 miles across and 93,000,000 miles away

I will continue to believe it. A fireball, with 1.412×1018 cubic kilometers of volume, is probably just right to produce all the affects you've mentioned, from 93 million miles away.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Go outside on a clear day and try looking at the sun,its so blindingly bright we cant even look at it with our eyes and theres just no way that i'm going to believe its really 865,000 miles across and 93,000,000 miles away...

Ahh I see. But then, is it really small, or are YOU just really really big? I cannot believe you are under 100 feet tall.

It just cannot be possible,

We're GIANTS!!! SUPER DUPER BIG !!

that sun is pesky, being so close and so hot... Sun worshippers must have known something we don't.. no wonder the illuminati decided to kill them all off thousands of years ago..

edit on 1-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Is the human mind really able to accurately comprehend and truly understand what 93,000,000 miles away really means?

Theres just no way something so bright and hot is that far away,imo...

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well, it will take a long time to walk there. I think it's a long way away.

Might as well be walking on the sun.. *dances*

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Is the human mind really able to accurately comprehend and truly understand what 93,000,000 miles away really means?

It's not so difficult for my mind to comprehend, and I believe there are so many others with a greater mental capacity than mine.
edit on 1-7-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

reply to post by tamusan

So why would you present this idea as if it is scientific theory instead of your inability to comprehend distances? You contradict yourself horribly, and you could save yourself a lot of embarrasment if you chose different words.

By the way, what is the benefit of tricking the people into believing the sun is bigger and farther away than it really is?

I believe you could some day be immortalized on ATS. People might say things like this is a "bloc thread". Or "your thread just got bloc'd". Or they could rename "skunkworks" forum "Blocworks".

I wonder if there are any pools on when Bloc will get banned from ATS? Anyone know the over/under on 6 months?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
BLOC...BLOC...BLOC...You have found a whole new group of KIDS to play ball with you! But you keep getting upset when proven wrong and yell...IT'S MY BALL! Then you go home. Still Entertaining!
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

If i come across that way,its not intentional,i'm not upset with anyone at all and anyone can say anything they want,but those questions i asked above within my opening and previous post above are just dying for some answers...(*-*)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

reply to post by tamusan

I wonder if there are any pools on when Bloc will get banned from ATS? Anyone know the over/under on 6 months?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by tamusan

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

because think about how big the scientists say the sun is,,,,,, then think of how small it looks in our sky compared to how big it actually is........ then think about how far our sun is away from our planet,, yet our star and 9 planets are a system in our galaxy,,,, a solar system,,,,,, you can google how close the nearest solar system to ours is,,,, you can also google how many stars there are in our galaxy,,, i think its like hundreds of millions,,,, then you can imagine that each of the stars or most have planets like our star does,,,,, millions of solar systems,,,,, all spread out from one another vast distances,,, yet contained in the galactic system......... now you can think of how those few hundred stars we see in the night are so small,, and so far,, yet the closest stars too us,,, we cant see galaxies in our night sky,, but billions of them exist...... its hard for you to comprehend,,, but the universe doesnt need you to comprehend it in order for it to exist,, in many cases its the other way around.......... no matter what you think of it, reality will remain the way it is,, and the way it is is truth,,,,,

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

reply to post by tamusan

So why would you present this idea as if it is scientific theory instead of your inability to comprehend distances? You contradict yourself horribly, and you could save yourself a lot of embarrasment if you chose different words.

By the way, what is the benefit of tricking the people into believing the sun is bigger and farther away than it really is?

I believe you could some day be immortalized on ATS. People might say things like this is a "bloc thread". Or "your thread just got bloc'd". Or they could rename "skunkworks" forum "Blocworks".

Because it might be true and am i getting too close to the truth? maybe "blocula" will become its own forum someday,like skunk works,a place for wild and fantastic,more or less humanly unprovable theories that might possibly be true and the fact that this threads off the wall headline just may be the truth,is why it shouldnt be ignored and denied...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
YAY! A Blocula thread! I was wondering when Id get another one. These threads make you think out of the box, whether you agree or not. They can also be very entertaining. Cause and effect: some of these theories can make you jump into another line of thinking and really get the ball rolling.

As to the astronomy of this, my mind has no idea. I just go with what Im told.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by blocula

Just because you are ignorant, doesn't mean others aren't.

There is no plan to mislead the masses about the size of the sun and it can be proven. At home.

It's called a pinhole viewer and all you need is a piece of cardboard, a piece of tinfoil (not for your head), a piece of white paper and a ruler.

cse.ssl.berkeley.edu...

Try it yourself!

And before you make up some excuse about ancient bloodlines preventing the truth to come out, I'll post up the simple formula...

We are told that the average distance of the sun is 149,600,000 kilometres away (it varies depending on time of year of course), so if you are correct, the above formula won't calculate the diameter of the sun correctly (approximately 1,391,000 kilometres), right?

I await your rebuke.

So, basically this, I will be the first one to say I don't agree with everything Chad says but what he says almost all of the time at least makes sense to me. Please counter this argument or for my own personal interests this thread is dead and gone.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That's because of the current limits to human visibilty. Sometimes, on the clearest of nights, I can see that a few stars are actually a cluster of stars. With an adequate telescope, one can see that the Omega Centauri star cluster alone has over a million stars. One of the stars that you see is actually the Andromeda galaxy, and it is made up of hundreds of billions of stars. Also, keep in mind that we can only see half of the "stars" at a visible distance from a given location. That's because of the earths rotation around our own star.

Read a book, take classes, and visit an observatory.
edit on 1-7-2012 by tamusan because: to add quote from OP

edit on 1-7-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

theres just no way that i'm going to believe its really 865,000 miles across and 93,000,000 miles away...

Why?

Because the sun is much smaller than we are intentionally misled to think it is and its a lot closer than we are purposefully taught to believe it is...

And you have proof of this right? I look forward to reading it...

If the suns gravity keeps the earth in orbit,whats holding the sun within its orbit?

The same thing that keeps the planets in orbit. Gravity.

Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars?

Have you ever been in the middle of a desert before? Try leaving your suburban town away from light pollution...

why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?

There is no sun...duh?
Photons from the sun refract off of the molecules that compose our atmosphere and cause the sky to appear "blue."

You know, I think before you continue making borderline retarded threads, you should actually take the time out of your very busy schedule and catch up with modern science....

Something,or someone,wants humanity to feel helplessly trapped and hopelessly small,but i dont believe we really are...

No. YOU want humanity to feel helplessly trapped and hopelessly small so you can continue spreading BS acting like you are the beacon of truth here to save all of humanity from their stupidity.

I am sorry, but this is not going to work as long as logic exists!

Something,or someone,wants humanity to think theres no way for us to get away,with nowhere else for us to go,

Yeah, you.

but i dont believe its really true...

Case in point.
You just will not accept anything other than the weird fantasies you think of in your head where you are humanity's hero.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Theres supposedly many billions of stars all around us and we see different stars of all ages,from various extreme distances,all the time,yet we only see a few hundred of them??? somethings really wrong with the ways we are told to think and taught to believe about this reality,because i think the stars of outer space are an intentionally designed holographic illusion thats being malevolently projected into our visible spectrum from another dimension,imo...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Yes. It's very far - for a human.
It seems far because it is using a human-made measurement to measure the distance to stars. We are microscopic compared to the size of planets and stars. What "93 million miles" is to us, is not far at all in terms of the macroscopic distances of space.

It's like ants having their "mile" be equivalent to 6 of our "inches" and having the nearest dumpster being "40 (ant) miles" away from them.

After you are able to comprehend what I just said above, can you explain why you believe this to be untrue? Please remain factual.
edit on 7-1-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I dont think the moon really cares how big or small,or how far away the sun actually is,but i sure do...

We are able to see with our eyes the light from a few hundred stars reaching us all the time and so why are we not able to see the light from the millions and billions of stars reaching us that supposedly are out there?

Surely the night sky should be lit up and aglow more or less like daytime,should it not?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You should start/continue writing fiction.... you can definitely come up with better stories and scenarios then "twilight"...... and you dont have to rely on anything true or reality!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join