It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

So do you think the sun has changed size at all? Do you think our orbit has changed size at all? Do you think we are even orbiting anything?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Is this topic, which has risen to the top posts on ats gathering notice (flags), indicative of the downfall of ATS's "deny Ignorance" stance?

I was lamenting the same notion on a different thread. The freaks come out at night....and it's always night time somewhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Ahhhh I'm with you now, okay... Well like i said to him why couldn't it be a spherical petri dish? lol

Right I'm off to sleep before the kids come down, hopefully I can grab an hour or 2

It's been a laugh all, take care and good luck.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well Gravity is a force, and the way gravity works is that every object creates a bowl in space so to speak. Its a tad bit difficult to explain that part, theres a few good videos about it on youtube.

Second, Since gravity is a force it falls under the laws of Newton most importantly equal and opposite reactions .Therefore using Newton's law we can then say "the Sun keeps the planets in its own gravitational field, the opposite reaction to the sun is that every other object then pulls on the sun and keeps the sun in its own orbit." Basically object A acts on B with a force of 10 newtons, therefore object B also acts on object A with a force of -10 Newtons. Thus evening out the reaction and creating an equilibrium, I haven't taken a physics in a little bit but I am fairly sure my physics is right.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am sorry if some of the answers that I'm about to give have been already said but I didn't have much time to look through the whole thread. I am in college and have take some graduate level courses in planetary science/cosmology. This is actually my first time posting in ATS although I read through many threads everyday. Honestly, I do not feel like arguing why the distance of the sun to earth is what it is because there are so many topics we can go into that I can practically write a thesis on it

What is holding the sun in orbit? The gravity of the huge blackhole in the center of our galaxy. What is holding our galaxy? The combination of gravity of a cluster of galaxies. What holds up the cluster? Dark Matter, in which we have limited amount of information about yet it makes up for ~85% of the matter in the universe.

Visual explanation of the structure of our universe:

"Why do we only see a few hundred stars at night? why isnt the night sky filled with millions of stars? why isnt the sky at night aglow like day?"

First, let me answer the third question as to why the sky at night is not aglow like day. This is known as the olber's paradox, which states that the darkness of the night sky conflicts with an infinite and static universe. Static being that the universe is neither expanding or contracting. If the universe was indeed infinite and static then there would be an infinite number of stars spread out over an infinite universe and every line of sight would end in a star. However, we know for a fact that the universe is expanding because we can measure how fast stars are moving relative to us. Turns out thats most galaxies are not only moving away from us but also increasing in acceleration the farther they are from us. So the farther they are the faster their moving away from us (non-static universe). The darkness we see as night is an elementary proof that our universe is finite and backs up the Big Bang Theory. Finite being that our universe has a finite age (~15 billion years old). Therefore, the earth receives no starlight from beyond a certain distance corresponding to the age of the oldest stars, hence a dark night.

As of why we see a few hundred stars at night this can be easily explained due to the fact that there is not only 'space' in between us and other stars. There are obstructions from anything ranging from our own atmosphere to clouds of dust and molecular gas. The are trillions of stars in our universe.

This was all was pulled out of what I could remember from my classes and with some help from wikipedia so I could remind myself of the topic. I'd be glad to explain further when I have time to look back at my textbooks.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Black holes,gravity,big bangs and multiverses are nothing but currently enforced belief structures, they are only theories that will be challenged,altered and eventually proved wrong someday...

edit on 2-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You believe they will, you do not know they will. Anyway, your alternatives are far worse than "believing" in the current theories that I do, because your alternatives have no evidence whatsoever, outside of your wish that they were so, because you do not understand the methods by which normal scientists have arrived at their conclusions.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by mee30

For all intents and purposes the sun should have burnt itself out a very long time ago,or already expanded into its red giant phase,swallowing mercury,venus and earth in the unstoppablke process and annihilating all we know,

Which intents and purposes aer those?

but it hasnt because its size and distance are illusions and maybe the class-3 aliens artificial sun has a dimmer switch and i hope their light bulb in the sky doesnt get turned off,or blown out...

lol - now I know you are just taking the piss!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by mee30

For all intents and purposes the sun should have burnt itself out a very long time ago,or already expanded into its red giant phase,swallowing mercury,venus and earth in the unstoppablke process and annihilating all we know,but it hasnt because its size and distance are illusions and maybe the class-3 aliens artificial sun has a dimmer switch and i hope their light bulb in the sky doesnt get turned off,or blown out...

This shows how ignorant you actually are.

Our sun is a G2V class main sequence star. It's a medium sized star for its class and is a 'yellow dwarf.' The rate at which stars turn 'red giant' is based on the mass of said star. Since our star is not very big at all, in comparison to other trillions of stars, its mass is not as large and therefore the lifetime of our star will be longer. It's estimated that our sun has lived out about half of its life and will turn red giant in about 5 billion years.

Please stop spreading nonsense. It's getting pathetic.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Maybe they will, oh well.

How about right now? How far is Australia from the southern tip of South America? You do realize that your convex disc theory is crushed by this simple problem don't you?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It is likely that the earth is a just a farm. Seems to me the most logical reason why we are here! Look at the misery and suffering in the world. Also, most civilizations' interaction with the "gods" in the past offered blood sacrifice and flesh burnt offerings(animal and human]as food to them! Do you see the connection here? If whoever put us here had good intentions we would see a helping hand, less hunger, disease, war, etc. But what we see is indifference! Just like a pig sty! What do you think happens when you die? Your soul/life force - if you have one goes to heaven? Maybe this life force is absorbed by whoever put us here! Wild thinking eh? Maybe another harvest is coming...

I apologize if I dragged you out of your comfort zone.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by blocula

Go outside and find a light that is on or turn one on if you need to. Walk away. Look at it. Keep walking, keep looking. Does it get brighter as you get farther away? Does it get dimmer? Of course. WHY?

ETA: All light diminishes in intensity over distance. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit on 1-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: ETA
But the light from the few thousand stars we do see never diffuses,never diminishes and always reaches us,all the time?!

but the light from the billions of other stars of relatively equal age and distance as the ones we do see always diffuse and diminish and never reaches us,all the time?!

so either we should be seeing billions of stars simultaneously all the time,or none at all,all the time...

or outer space is actually a holographic illusion...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

I already answered your question at least twice within the last few pages...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by abcd123
It is likely that the earth is a just a farm. Seems to me the most logical reason why we are here!

what a poor imagination you have!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by abcd123

Shown so astoundingly in the amazingly profound image below...

To try and make as many people aware as possible about the slightly curved convex disc earth that we are all living upon,

hoovering suspended while slowly revolving around itself inside an aliens laboratory...

beneath a sun thats much smaller and lot closer than we are misled to believe...

shining down upon us,warming a massive petri dish experiment we call earths biosphere...

designed and created by super intelligent class three entities,malevolent beings operating from within the real world,another dimension...

we are their human flesh plant children grown upon this earthly garden,a cosmic farm where we are allowed to play with our toys...

while our souls are nurtured and cultivated within the temporary flesh we call our bodies...

to be procured and harvested whenever death arrives...

wow...damn > 4.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

but the light from the billions of other stars of relatively equal age and distance as the ones we do see always diffuse and diminish and never reaches us,all the time?!

The stars that are bright enough, large enough, and close enough with respect to their luminosity reach our eyes...that's how light works. It's pretty simple. Why do you think more stars are visible when looking throughg a good telescope? Why is it do you think city lights obscure star visibility? Why is it you can not grasp the very basics? Why do you refuse to learn? Why do you spread ignorance?

You're basically saying that the stars that you can not see with city light do not exist. Can you understand how moronic this is?

so either we should be seeing billions of stars simultaneously all the time,or none at all,all the time...

or outer space really a holographic illusion...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

No. This has all been explained to you quite a few times....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

But the light from the few thousand stars that we do see never diffuses,never diminishes and alays reaches us,all the time?!

The light we see on Earth from those stars is diminished. If you could get closer to them you would see they would get brighter as you get nearer to them. Just like a flashlight I could hold where I am, you wouldn't begin to see it until you were close enough. then it would get brighter as you approached it.

NO NO NO!!! Who said that?

Again, NO! Why do you think that?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

This doesn't make any sense on any number of levels...

From a purely logical standpoint, if some evil people had the technology to project a totally consistent 3d image of the universe in the sky above us, and have been doing so since the beginning of Human History, then what the Hell would be the purpose?!?!

if they had that kind of technology then they wouldn't have to resort to such illusions...They could've just enslaved us by force from the very beginning!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Ive had enough bloc go get a stone throw it the nearest policeman, if you think it is all
an illusion try it out. I guarentee you a place in a prison cell,send us a letter to ATS letting us know
how you are coping in there.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What amazes me even more than the stupidity of the OP, is the amount of attention he has gotten. Stop feeding the troll for FS!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join