It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

How far away we are told to think the moon is,may be about how far away the sun really is...

And if thats true,the suns really only a few thousand miles across and not the 865,000 mile diameter that we are taught to believe...

So the sun might really be only around 200,000 miles away and not the 93,000,000 miles away that we are told to think...

Although i believe the sun is even closer and smaller than that,perhaps only a few thousand miles away and a few hundred miles across and as unnerving as that is,i think those numbers are somewhere near the truth...

But,if the earth is a slightly curved convex disc,hoovering suspended while revolving around itself within a class three aliens laboratory,inside the real world,another dimension and i think it is...

Then the earth might actually be about 25,000 miles across,when seen from our human perspectives,but when seen from the aliens point of view,maybe only 1,000 feet across...

So the sun might really only be a few thousand miles above us and a few hundred miles across,when seen from our human perspectives,but when seen from the aliens point of view,maybe only 50 or 100 feet across...

And the sun and moon may actually be slowly revolving flat discs as well,orbiting above a massive petri dish experiment we call the earths biosphere...

edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

How far away we are told to think the moon is,may be about how far away the sun really is and if so,its really only a few thousand miles across and not the 865,000 mile diameter that we're taught to believe and so the sun might really be around 200,000 miles away and not the 93,000,000 miles that we are told to believe...

Although i think the sun is even closer and smaller than that,perhaps only a few thousand miles away and a few hundred miles across and as unnerving as that is,i think those numbers are somewhere near the truth...

So how come the moon gets between the Earth and Sun occasionally, if the sun is supposedly closer than the moon??

edit on 1-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by blocula

I have got to ask you this question. Where in the World do you get these crazy...very easy to disprove...ideas?

All i have to do is try looking at the sun,then see its intensely blinding glare and feel its burning heat and thats enough for me to believe its actually much smaller and a lot closer than we are told to think it is...

You have just said it yourself - "enough for me to believe it is actually smallere and alot closer".
Belief is one thing, proving that belief is another matter altogether.
Staus so far - EPIC FAIL.

link   
reply to post by burning_need

But that is because you are a human!
You can't really put yourself into the aliens shoes. Maybe they like the taste of human souls?

I do not support the op's theory btw but I find it interesting to explore the possibilities.

Thanks for the star, you get one for bringing it up

edit on 1-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

link   
Is this topic, which has risen to the top posts on ats gathering notice (flags), indicative of the downfall of ATS's "deny Ignorance" stance?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Then the earth might be about 25,000 miles across from our human perspectives

How far is Australia from say, the southern tip of South America?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Listen I think what he is trying to get at is it's all about perspective! Like an ant would think (if it could think) that the earth is far bigger than we believe it to be, because they are smaller. However, they will see themselves as "normal size" or even large compared to other smaller creatures. Just as we do compared to our soul farming alien friends.

Edit, oh so yeah asking that is a bit pointless as it would depend upon the perspective.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

How far away we are told to think the moon is,may be about how far away the sun really is and if so,its really only a few thousand miles across and not the 865,000 mile diameter that we're taught to believe and so the sun might really be around 200,000 miles away and not the 93,000,000 miles that we are told to believe...

Although i think the sun is even closer and smaller than that,perhaps only a few thousand miles away and a few hundred miles across and as unnerving as that is,i think those numbers are somewhere near the truth...

So how come the moon gets between the Earth and Sun occasionally, if the sun is supposedly closer than the moon??

The result of us seeing through and within atmospheric anomalies,magnified optical mirages and intentionally projected holographic illusions and like the earth,the sun and moon may also be slightly curved convex discs > 4.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

Listen I think what he is trying to get at is it's all about perspective! Like an ant would think (if it could think) that the earth is far bigger than we believe it to be, because they are smaller. However, they will see themselves as "normal size" or even large compared to other smaller creatures. Just as we do compared to our soul farming alien friends.

Edit, oh so yeah asking that is a bit pointless as it would depend upon the perspective.

Then you are missing my obvious point. If the Earth were a slightly curved convex disc as he proposes, what effect would that have on the distance in question?

ETA: To be clear, this distance. How far is Australia from say, the southern tip of South America?
edit on 1-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Shouldn't there be some elephants and turtles in that picture??

also the illumination of the sun doe not give a strong north-south day-night divide as has been observed from the ground........how does that work?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Were humans not ants, so that being our perspective - his theory is wrong the end.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

No No No you miss the point. lol It wouldn't change OUR perception of the distance at all.. But will the aliens use miles? Do ants use meters? We have named these things... Who's to say that the aliens are not 2 miles (to us) tall?

I'm just playing along here man, no need to take everything so serious...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Sorry but now I have said we are ants? I'm talking about perspectives! lol Jesus, why on earth are you so serious? You sound like the world is going to end!

Yes, he is wrong, okay? Do you feel better about it? What difference does it make?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

No No No you miss the point. lol It wouldn't change OUR perception of the distance at all.. But will the aliens use miles? Do ants use meters? We have named these things... Who's to say that the aliens are not 2 miles (to us) tall?

I'm just playing along here man, no need to take everything so serious...
Surely we are not alone,we might not be at the top of earths food chain and we may not be the true dominant species of earths biosphere...

A strange and bizarre symbiosis indeed...

Humanity is not even a class 1 civilization yet,one that is able to successfully maintain and control the energy output and natural resources of its entire planet and we may never become one if we keep trying to kill eachother off with genocide and war and our greed driven seperations...

A class 2 civilization would be able to successfully maintain and control the energy output and natural resources of its entire solar system,as well as other fantastic technological innovations...

A class 3 civilization would be able to successfully maintain and control the energy output and natural resources of its entire galaxy,as well as many other wonderous abilities,like creating our rain,wind and snow and some of their astounding inventions may reside somewhere far beyond our comprehension and light years away from our ability to understand...

Like ants,moths and birds hopelessly trying to comprehend what a SR 71 Blackbird really is,what its actually doing,never able to realize what its really for,who or what created it and who or what is flying it...

So any benevolent or malevolent class 2 civilization,or most likely,a class 3 alien civilization,would be able to fabricate our reality and they would know how to keep us thinking and believing in their intentionally projected three dimensional illusion we call outer space...

They would be gods...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Regardless of the unit of measure, if blocworld were true then the distance between South America and Australia would not line up with real world observation. What do you not get about that?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Science can't be reborn. Only religion can. That's why the Evangelicals call it being "born again," and the Hindus and Buddhists call it reincarnation.

We do have it right. The sun is a large hydrogen, helium, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, silicon, magnesium, neon, iron, sulfur composition. It has a diameter of 864,938 miles, and is 92,960,000 miles away from our planet. Our planet is a spheroidal mass of iron, oxygen, silicon, magnesium, sulfur, nickel, calcium, and aluminum. The axial rotation of our planet, coupled with the current tilt allows for the sun's movement from dawn, to high noon, to set, as well as solar days like the solstice and equinoxes celebrated twice a year apiece, etc.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true.

The day you can prove a flat earth, a small sun, and that all the luminous celestial bodies are just suspended above us like props in a puppet-play, and get it published in a peer reviewed scientific journal, I'll admit you have some sense.

Until then, go play with the kids, and let the adults take care of the science.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes, why not? Anything is possible, sure... I've no problem with that, after all it wouldn't really effect my life either way...

I think it was an interesting idea fella and it's certainly an interesting concept... Btw you never got back to me about the comment I directed you to.

Oh one other thing, why could earth not be a round petri dish? Why does it have to be flat?

It could even be like the matrix where we're all jacked in to a computer system?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

How so? Explain please... Are you going from a distance than he has given you?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

For all intents and purposes the sun should have burnt itself out a very long time ago,or already expanded into its red giant phase,swallowing mercury,venus and earth during the unstoppable process and annihilating all we know,but it hasnt because its size and distance are illusions and maybe the class-3 aliens artificial sun has a dimmer switch and i hope their light bulb in the sky doesnt get turned off,or blown out...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

How so? Explain please... Are you going from a distance than he has given you?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join