It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by Cyruay

I'm suppose to automatically accept and believe tptb's currently enforced belief that the 93,000,000 miles away sun,is gravitationally powerful enough to hold the earth and other planets in orbit for billions of years...

even while everything is flying,or falling,outwards through outer space at the millions of miles per hour speeds that we are told they are traveling at...

gravity itself is just a currently enforced theory about something that might not even really exist, something thats supposedly strong enough to adhere billions of tons of moving ocean water upon the outside surface of earth...

yet i'm able to easily resist that astounding force by picking up a stone off the ground with one hand...

hmmm,i dont think so...

somethings really wrong with a lot of the things that we are told to think and taught to believe and this thread is getting close to the ultimate truth,imo...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

You obviously never had any physics or astronomy classes...and I mean REAL classes, college level. The simple explanation to your statement about the oceans is in direct comparison to the rock you pick up. It's all about forces. The Earth's gravity acts as a force on everything pulling "down" Just because the oceans are bigger, just remember the oceans are made up of countless water molecules. That is what gravity is acting on. the reason you can pick up a rock is that you apply a different force to the rock which overcomes gravity momentarily. But the minute you stop applying that force, the rock falls. And yes, you holding it steady and level IS a force. I know your likely thinking that waves and the motion of the water in the oceans is more powerful than your hand, so why can't it defeat gravity on that tony molecule. Well the simple answer is that it does - just not constantly. That's why water splashes and mists up and all that. But the momentum wears off and the water crashes back into the ocean.

And there are msore things we don't know about gravity than what we do know. Things like suspected gravatron and other exotic, yet fundamental particles, but in the end gravity is a law that has not been disproven.

And as for the original post creator...wow, reading his idea makes me soooo sad. Please don't be American, we can't have our country take another black eye for stupidity. I mean I get it, great and genius ideas come from someone thinking out of the box, but this is just crazy ignorance. Things he says like why the sky isn't just a total glow of light since there are endless stars in endless directions (by the way, it's called Olber's Paradox and is fundamental in understanding cosmology en.wikipedia.org...) and what holds the sun in it's orbit around the galaxy (gravity from the stellar masses in the core, dark matter's influences and other forces). It just makes me hurt inside. People, please just educate yourself. You don't need a degree....just read some for goodness sake. I thought this whole internet thing would make that easier. Oh wait, it's really just for boosting egos and making money.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Go outside and find a light that is on or turn one on if you need to. Walk away. Look at it. Keep walking, keep looking. Does it get brighter as you get farther away? Does it get dimmer? Of course. WHY?

ETA: All light diminishes in intensity over distance. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit on 1-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: ETA

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30 it would just be nicer if you were not around to whine about the OP.

He has just as much right as anyone else to be here so put up

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

But I also have the right to tell him what I think, so put up too

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by golemina

There is nothing of substance in your reply. You know nothing.

Second line.

Cheer up!

Science is being reborn.

We're going to get it right this time.

And we are throwing out all of your nonsensical BS (Belief System) dogma that is NOT supported by REALITY.

You're are NOT going to like it cuz it turns out there's a lot of stuff that is the bedrock of 'Science' that is simply for lack of better description... utter fabrications.

The list is huge.

Can you tell I love putting it to you old school 'Scientists'?

Did I mention that it's a lot of fun too?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

But I also have the right to tell him what I think, so put up too

Doesnt excuse the fact that the guy has every right to be here so put up and deal with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Shown so astoundingly in the amazingly profound image below...

To try and make as many people aware as possible about the slightly curved convex disc earth that we are all living upon,

hoovering suspended while slowly revolving around itself inside an aliens laboratory...

beneath a sun thats much smaller and lot closer than we are misled to believe...

shining down upon us,warming a massive petri dish experiment we call earths biosphere...

designed and created by super intelligent class three entities,malevolent beings operating from within the real world,another dimension...

we are their human flesh plant children grown upon this earthly garden,a cosmic farm where we are allowed to play with our toys...

while our souls are nurtured and cultivated within the temporary flesh we call our bodies...

to be procured and harvested whenever death arrives...

wow...damn > 4.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 1-7-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, this thread just shattered my all my beliefs. I thought the world was flat, but rounded and sat on the back of a giant turtle. Now, I don't know what to think!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What keeps the sun in its orbit??? The moon rotates on its axis and revolves around the Earth. Earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the sun. The sun rotates on its axis and revolves around the galactic core. The galaxy revolves around the center of its supercluster.

As far as the sun being closer because you refuse to believe something can be bright and also far away - there are ample measurements of energy emitted and its speed of travel, and how much would make it here based on that which back up mainstream science as far as the size and distance of the sun.

The reason you don't see millions of stars in the night sky is because they're FaR more distant than the sun, we have an atmosphere, and you have human eyesight.

Everything you're arguing against has well-researched, and thoroughly logical explanations.

We might exist in a hologram, so-to-speak, but I would believe most everything ever posted on ATS before I wouldy believe the sun is smaller and closer and the stars are pretend.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Did I kick him out or something? I merely pointed to the fact that he hated the op thread so much that there are others... I also merely pointed out that the thread would be NICER without him whining in it.

It doesn't excuse the fact that I have every right to point these things out, so again put up! If he has a right to come here and whine I have a right to tell him the thread would be NICER if he didn't... Wouldn't you say?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hey blocula .....

This is the 4th time I'm asking you to respond to this question but obviously you're avoiding answering because you know your entire premise is nothing but pure hokum

So to make sure that you can't miss it this time, I'll put my question in capitals, colour and large size font.

EXACTLY WHAT SIZE IS YOUR SUN ... EXACTLY WHAT'S IT'S DISTANCE FROM EARTH ?

edit on 1/7/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

That wasn't the part you posted last time, is that because I answered it for you? Cool...

Didn't you say in your original post that you didn't want the exact size etc?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Hey blocula .....

This is the 4th time I'm asking you to respond to this question but obviously you're avoiding answering because you know your entire premise is nothing but pure hokum

So to make sure that you can't miss it this time, I'll put my question in capitals, colour and large size font.

EXACTLY WHAT SIZE IS YOUR SUN ... EXACTLY WHAT'S IT'S DISTANCE FROM EARTH ?

edit on 1/7/12 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

It's nothing personal I'm sure. He routinely avoided those very questions from myself when he first posted this junk in his space program is a hoax thread.
edit on 1-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: add "he"

ETA: Almost forgot, he won't answer it because he can't answer it. He doesn't even seem to believe Antarctica exists.
edit on 1-7-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: ETA

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Okay, can't help myself.. 17 pages on this, really? That's phenomenal... flat earth, convex earth, sun closer then the moon. For crying out folks this is my last stop here! Buy a telescope and quit drinking the Mountain Dew. This thread reminds me of the movie Idiocracy www.imdb.com... . Where in the world are people getting an education today. What would any one gain by this CONSPIRACY after all?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burning_need

Well the op seems to think that we are the pets of aliens and they are harvesting our souls... Not my theory, but hell why not? Anything is POSSIBLE...

Btw idiocracy is an awesome film

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

That wasn't the part you posted last time, is that because I answered it for you? Cool...

Sorry, I must have missed your reply .... please direct me to your post where YOU supplied the requested size & distance info being asked for.

Didn't you say in your original post that you didn't want the exact size etc?

Wrong ... in my original post I certainly did ask for blocula to supply the EXACT size and the EXACT distance.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

hoovering suspended while slowly revolving around itself inside an aliens laboratory...

prove it

beneath a sun thats much smaller and lot closer than we are told to believe...

prove it

shining down upon us,warming a massive petri dish experiment we call earth...

prove it

designed and created by super intelligent class three entities,malevolent beings operating from within the real world,inside another dimension...

prove it
edit on 1-7-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The message I replied to you left a quote from your own comment saying something about how the sun and moon could be further away using the guys logic... That is what I replied to, and that is what I answered...

Okay maybe it wasn't you then, but someone must of asked something similar...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have always thought the sun was nearer than thought,the shroud of lies continue to drop to the floor and we will see the orange ball for what it is one day.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

You my dear fellow human have earned a star for you recognition as to the prophetic vision that Idiocracy provides. As far as the anything is possible part though... not so much. The universe is truly as vast if not larger than we know. If I were harvesting souls after all, I would not choose humans. But that is just an opinion. Thanks for the reply.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join