learn more

24 hours of Paranormal Activity at my house

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

I don't know what I believe, but I've had odd experiences as well. There was a bar a few years ago in which one of the most common frequenters died. He'd always said once he died, he'd come back to haunt the place.

Youtube video of the "orb" at this bar (I believe most orbs are dust particles or insects, btw):
www.youtube.com...

It, being around Halloween, we were trying to decide between the Hornet Spook Light (an unexplained phenomena also located around the same area) and the bar. I was at a university a state over, so either one required a little driving but were close enough not to really matter.

Information on the Hornet Spook Light:
en.wikipedia.org...

I've actually been to the spook light before and seen it. It's really interesting, will float around, come close to vehicles, and there are stories of it chasing and playing chicken with cars. Unfortunately, around Halloween, the route to the light is almost impossible to go down, so we decided to go to the bar, so we could get drunk in peace and not have to drive quite as far. Anyway, nothing odd happened at the bar. We drank, had some fun, played the jukebox, and went home. This is when weird stuff started to happen. That night, as we went to bed together, we saw a circular light, hovering above the bed. The last thing I remembered was her asking me to try to interact with it (my room had no windows and was completely black -- I know -- pretty crappy. but that's what college does to you). I stood up to try and swat at it.. I don't remember anything else.

I asked my girl the next day if she remembered the thing, and she said that she did. We talked about how weird it was but weren't really freaked out about it. It was more interesting than scary. If anything, it was odd how little we seemed to care and how neither of us felt afraid of it. But that's not the end.

After that, my closet door began opening by itself. The house I was living in is believed to have been built on a large underground cave system, so it's possible that a draft from somewhere else blows it open, but it never happened before that night. I've sealed it so the only way you could open it is to turn a handle and push it. It still opened. Then, I started blocking the door with furniture. This seemed to stop it for the most part, but I was getting paranoid. Then, I lost all nerve to sleep in the room. I had to basically close the room off and sleep on the couch. The last time I checked it, the door no longer fit the door frame. It's impossible to close. It's like the door's hinges have been bent. No matter of pushing or manipulation bar removing the hinges and remounting it worked -- again, after the closet hadn't even been used in a year or so. I moved from the room and ended up leaving. A friend of mine took it after I left. I didn't mention any of the oddness I'd observed. That room started out as his bedroom, but he stopped using it all of a sudden as well. Said something about feeling like something there was off.

I'm a skeptical person. I know the Spook Light is probably a natural phenomenon, likely reflecting headlights (though it's supposedly been observed before cars were prevalent), and I don't know what I experienced. I do know, that in a room with zero artificial light and no windows, a glowing circular object hovered above my bed and I and another person saw it and described the same thing. It's one of the things that made me more interested in unexplained stories. I'd love to know what I experienced.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisnotaname
This thread reminds me of a very vivid nightmare I had not too long ago in which I walked into a room in my house that has a sliding closet door and it was opening and closing by itself over and over.

Caused me to run the hell out of my house in my dream then call my house on my cell phone.

What I heard was "Sorry, there's no one home...MuhAHHAHAHHAHAHHA" (evil female laughter)

Years before that dream I had a sleep paralysis hallucination of seeing a woman in a black wedding type dress.

How did you feel once you woke up? I was in a state of calm that was starkly contrast to the sheer terror that I was just in. as if I instantly recognized that it wasn't real.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
If this were me, then wireless web camera's in all places that show anomalies. Put them on motion detection, and just let it roll. They are cheap today, and record back to a computer you assign as the recorder. Let reputable people know you have done this , so when you capture something, at least you have someone to vouch for what you have attempted. Too much here say today, needs something tangible. While every kind of evidence is up for scrutiny, a plan with past history, and a plan of action goes much further.

True, true. But I don't have any capitol for the cameras. It would be awesome though. If I could I would.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Wow! That just reminded me. After moving to the couch, on a few occasions, I experienced sleep paralysis. The most vivid one was one of the common archetypical one. I saw a thing (best as I can describe) with leathery, dark skin. It had one large eye and another one that appeared 2/3 of the way closed. It stood in the doorway of the room I now refused to use, and it smiled. The teeth were yellowy/brown and jagged, but the oddest thing I remember is its mouth. It was crooked. Not vertical but more diagonal. It smiled at me and took a step toward me, lying on my back on the couch. That's all I can remember. I've been known to imbibe alcohol, which can increase the chance you'll have sleep paralysis, but this is one of the most frightening dreams I've ever had.
edit on 1-7-2012 by jcolsto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jcolsto

Thanks for those stories. The lights are new to me. good read.

Cheeers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I used to work in an old church when i was 17,my best mate at the time was in the basement of the church when he came running out saying i'd played a trick on him,which i had'nt.He said he'd seen a shadow of a boy run across the wall and give a laugh.He though somehow thought in his hysteria i'd been involved but later confessed he'd seen a ghost.
Another friend of mine had worked in the same church basement and had had the exact same experience a few years before.Forward ten years and i had another friend that had somehow worked in the same church basement,renovating the place when he saw the shadow of a boy run across the wall and he heard a laugh.
That's three separate witnesses all seeing the same thing,i've never seen a ghost but after hearing all that i sure believe in them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Very interesting story. Thanks for uploading the video and pics.

Could the door have moved as a result of mechanical resonance?

Sorry this post is a bit short, too. My brain is on quadruple over-time and I think it's about to quit on me for the night. Take care.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Ross Cross because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
First of all...get a laser level and check your entire house. It's amazing what a wrong angle and gravity can do to floors, windows, walls and doors. Then, check the air pressure in your residence when a front or back door is opened and shut. My air conditioning unit causes a change in pressure when it kicks on and off, causing my bedroom door to bump against the jamb when closed, making a sound similar to someone jiggling my door. Then, if that proves to not be the case, put a camera on the reported areas of interest for at least three days. Debunk first...then ask questions, it's the best way to be taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross Cross
Very interesting story.

Could the door have moved as a result of mechanical vibration, including one's that resonate?

That is definitely possible. The owner didn't mention any vibrations. She was on this computer the whole time.

I have been considering accepting a local team's offer to check the place. I bet they could check for that sort of thing.

cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
First of all...get a laser level and check your entire house. It's amazing what a wrong angle and gravity can do to floors, windows, walls and doors. Then, check the air pressure in your residence when a front or back door is opened and shut. My air conditioning unit causes a change in pressure when it kicks on and off, causing my bedroom door to bump against the jamb when closed, making a sound similar to someone jiggling my door. Then, if that proves to not be the case, put a camera on the reported areas of interest for at least three days. Debunk first...then ask questions, it's the best way to be taken seriously.

I guess you didn't bother to read through all of the posts. I posted a video after the thread was started that showed the door itself. Its a glass slider and the video shows the stiffness of the tracks. If you watch that and still believe that a gust of wind or a slight angle could open the door to it's stop then I would love to hear your thoughts on at what angle it would be possible to opened. And why it would only happen once (3 times in the same day) in 17 years.

Reading all of the posts in a thread helps to eliminate most of this type of repetitive questioning. In the past I have been accused of being defensive when someone asks these questions (you are not the first to come up with this obvious solution that the house tilted or the wind blew it open) but the simple truth is I am posting this here because I have already eliminated the "obvious". I showed that in the video.

thanks for attempting to offer the thread your input. But in my opinion you jumped the gun. Read all of the posts. Some stink and some are awesome, but they all are part of the ongoing conversation and need to be taken into the assessment. That is part of putting in a little extra effort.

No disrespect intended.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
alright folks the time is here.

The sun has set and it is dark here. I am going to go dark myself for a while so that I can focus on the task at hand. someone here said that a plan for approaching things would be taken more seriously. I believe that I have outlined in a general sense for you what I intend to do. I just spared you all the details. But now it is time to put my plan into action.

I intend to put in enough time tonight to say without a doubt that as of tonight, something or nothing happened. If it is something juicy then "party" If not then I won't re-visit this topic again until I do have something to show first.

So wish me luck, send out your prayers, cant protections, whatever it is that you can do to send positive energy my way.

See you in the morning.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I'll blow a few mintues and try to set you straight. Such things are not all that unusual, but the forces behind them do not want to be fully exposed if at all, such are the facts. Your documention and any photos or other "proof" you think you have will also be readily explained away, so don't get all so fired up over it. You'll surely both also be declared as suffering from hallucinations, so get used to all that. But, this will clear up a little bit, for those willing to listen up.

Ok, don't want to waste the time, but here it is, no need to question my sanity or perceptions, this was exactly what happened in 1959. When 10/11 years old, I went to stay with my grandpa during summer, which was kind of a routine. He hadn't been able to sleep with my grandmother since the early 40s because, though being a most kind and gentle man, he was prone to fits of severe violence during the night. Nightmares? No, but nobody knew what the problem was, even him perhaps, but I never got up enough courage to talk to anyone about it.

Now, first morning, I noted that the door, about 3 feet from the middle of the bed, was slightly ajar. Now, I knew my grandpa and his habits as well as my times tables, and there is NO possibility, ZERO, that he, or any other human being, would have left that door ajar. He was a railroad maintainer who never failed to double check a lock, close every door, make certain everything was in its place. So, what in the Hell? So, the next night I stayed awake all night to figure this out. About midnight or so, pop, the door came open an inch. I was on the inside with grandpa's big frame between, so I couldn't see but the top three feet or so, but the hall light came on at the same time and a fair amount of bright light was coming through it. It could have been some other light, but it was a steady light, had to be the hall light near the top of the stairway, which had a string, not a wall switch.

I soon discovered that as long as I was wide awake or fidgeting about, the door remained about two inches open, but the longer I remained perfectly still, the door would quietly ease open a bit more. It wasn't easy to do this, even blinking my lids would cause it to stop, moving my legs about would put it back to two inches. The best I could do was be perfectly still over an hour or so, and it would open up to about six or seven inches. There was something there to see, of course, but it was below my level of vision behind my grandpa. I played this game for about ten nights, all night, catching up on sleep during the day. I knew it could not possibly be human, but I wanted to see it and wasn't too scared since it backed away so readily. Finally, I got up the courage to ask grandpa if I could swap places. This put my head less than four feet from the door looking directly into the hall when opened. They were on time the next night, but now they knew I could see them, so the door never opened more than an inch, not enough to let me see anything. But I also knew that if I was good enough at faking sleep - yeah, maybe, but if I were to actually fall asleep, that could spell sudden death.

So, for the next few nights I continued this game, but once in a while I really did feel the desire to doze, and finally, about 3 or 4 AM, I slipped off into dreamland. But at the same time, my concerns about the door business were working on me, and while in this half sleep I realized that the intruder(s) were likely about to take advantage, and were perhaps even in the room, so I gathered enough wits to pop my eyes open suddenly. Well, what do you know? There they were. There were five of them whatever they were, and they were lying atop each other totem pole fashion so that they could all see in at once. Very peculiar. In those days, I'd never heard of aliens or gray aliens, but 20 years later after watching a TV thing about these grays, it dawned on me that this is what they were. I thought then that they looked like freakly little men with derby hats, but these hats were really just the bulge in their noggins, and then the big glassy, black eyeballs, pointy little chins, and very sharp, cold looking expressions, though there wasn't enough light to see too well. But, here I am looking straight at them, and they're trying to avoid me, so I got about a 1-2 second look, then, pop, the door shuts, not tight, but 1 inch.

Ok, I stayed an extra week, but they were gunshy now. The end of the 3rd week, I drifted off again, and again woke myself. This time the door was still closed, but they were materializing into the room in balls of light. Now, this is a serious matter, no joke, if they got into the room, they would physically attack my grandpa. During one night a few years later, he bloodied my nose badly while wrestling with these things. No, they aren't space travellers, and they mean trouble.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Thanks for the video, Mrgone, you do seem to have ruled out the rational, that just leaves....?

Look forward to the next instalment of your investigations !

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Advice:

1) Don't mess with it.
2) Its a demon of the old, ghosts are really demons playing trickery.
3) Call a Christian priest or tell this lady to seek Jesus and become born again.
4) Nothing else will help this lady other than what I mentioned.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Mrgone

Advice:

1) Don't mess with it.
2) Its a demon of the old, ghosts are really demons playing trickery.
3) Call a Christian priest or tell this lady to seek Jesus and become born again.
4) Nothing else will help this lady other than what I mentioned.

Agreed!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentWarrior
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I'm really glad the way you approach to it and glad that there are people like you so i don't feel alone with this kind of understanding and approach, and i do agree with you that there are things in life that you should experience it to understand and know the reality of it.

i had kind of the same experience too at my friends place where i even took her picture by asking her, and we figured out she's there with her family her son and husband the husband was always black shadow the son was seen my brother who never believed in these things and my friend seen her several time when he tells the story everybody laughs at him, until i took a picture and i even smelled her perfume in several time,

i can't find a way to list a picture which i took any way glad to hear your opinion

I am happy to help. As I said...I was a skeptic of great magnitude...but I cannot deny what I have seen and continue to experience. The one thing that I hope people will take seriously is that it is possible for a Spirit to access a persons Mind and this is ONLY possible if that person allows it by either being Afraid and Fear is a strong Negative emotion as well as being Angry. This will allow a Spirit to access a persons sensory perceptions as well as their emotional condition. But this is only possible if a person allows it. A young child is easy to Frighten or if the Spirit is not malicious...a Child will be able to see or interact where a Adult will experience or see NOTHING. This is because the Child is experiencing direct sensory input as well as direct Emotional access. If the Spirit is Malicious...then you may have a problem but nothing that you cannot handle as the LIVING have much greater power of Will and can generate a Strong Mental State that like a Radio...will Broadcast Brain Waves.

I am not a Ghost Freak or a Paranormal Researcher but I know what I have seen and I am lucky along with My Girl to be living with what we believe to be ONE GHOST that after I set down the rules...there were no more Bumps in the Night or Shadows that surprised Guests. It is aware of what is allowed and what is not. My CAT seems to enjoy it so it can't be all that bad.

For those of you who think I am NUTS...I am a well educated and well trained..."CIVILIAN" who does special Jobs with the best of our Military. I also help run several of my Families Companies and I am also a World Class Touring Entertainer. I am wealthy but I do not fall into the category of a person who is easily impressed. I am also Trained in the Extreme in the Art and Calculation of OBSERVATION and retaining of what I see and I am a Team Leader who is "CIVILIAN" that leads others that are Specialized Military Personnel.

This background alone should give you an idea of the seriousness by which I take as far as what my senses observe and record. When I first saw this Spirit...I took the time to look at EVERY POSSIBILITY that could debunk what appeared to be a Ghost. I took my time and documented events over a few months. I read up about Spiritual Activity and learned all I could. Then I formed a very strong mental state of understanding and made sure My Girl did the same. We also made sure to talk to it during the times that it seemed to be most active. A relationship was established and now we have no issue sharing OUR HOME with what was once a person and is trapped in Limbo. It is important to first acknowledge the Spirits existence as if you have a lot of activity it is lonely and trying to get your attention. It feeds off of positive and negative emotion and behaves dependent upon how you behave so If you have a Good Powerful Strong Positive Will and have no fear...it will also be a positive aspect in your home. If you FEAR it and if this Spirit happened to be an SOB in life....it will be even MORE of an SOB as a GHOST if you show an broadcast FEAR and Negativity. Remember...it is the LIVING that are DANGEROUS not the DEAD...and if you have a Malicious Spirit...You NEED a person in your home as well as explain this to all children in the HOME...it cannot HURT them or access their minds as long as they are aware and Mentally Generate FORCE of WILL. As a LIVING HUMAN once trained is like a NUKE to a GHOST and the GHOST is like a small firecracker. Don't let anyone make fun of you and I would keep this information just within the Family as if a Child is Made Fun Of at School...these Negative Emotions may be enough to allow a Spirit to access the Child's mental and emotional state thus generating fear. Good Luck!
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

Whether this is real or not I do not know but as far as your Son. Ask him if he really thinks there is a GHOST in the Home or other entity.

When He answers...if his eyes look up toward the Left Side of his forehead or anything toward the upper left side of his brow or head...He is telling the truth as this is a persons natural reaction to look at the Left Side of the Brains Left Hemisphere which is responsible for analytical thought.

If you ask and he looks up toward the Right Side of his Brow or Forehead...HE IS LYING! The Right Hemisphere of the Human Brain is the Creative side and a natural response is to look up to the Right when lying.

Once you establish Reality...then you can take proper measures. Good Luck! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
. I read somewhere, and have seen pictures that if you take a photo of a completely dark room with the flash on, it might catch an apparition. We put this to the test, and after developing the pictures, one of them had a silhouette of a person's upper torso and head glowing orange, standing in the threshold of the door leading to my back porch.

I've come across that as well.
I've also read that if you put the output on your camera to your tv and than video tape the blank screen as you are outputting to it you can get some interesting results.
That is with analogue though I don't know if digital cameras let you record and output the image at the same time.

I have to wonder, I've been following the paranormal from the sidelines for years and originally the theories all said analogue was important.
For camera it was that there was silver nitrate in the film.
For audio it was that the magnetic write head interacted with the magnetic tape.

Now everyone is using digital for video and even EVP work.
If analogue was so key to evidence in the past why isn't it anymore?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Great thread. I have to admit to being on the receiving end of a few paranormal things myself so it's nice to hear other people's stories.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Mrgone , not to derail your great thread but could you describe this thing with the tentacles , It sounds like something similar to a thing I saw in a recalled memory I have in a journal.
John

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join