It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 hours of Paranormal Activity at my house

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Not on a defensive sorry to make it seem that way. the
was meant to ensure that you understood that I took it light hearted. Anyone who knows me knows that I could care less about shows like Ghost Hunters. They discredit themselves every time they turn around and say"did you hear that?" then cut to a commercial

And I wasn't calling you a Hater at all. Sorry you thought that. I was aiming that at the types who say condescending things every time someone wants to be genuine. There is a huge difference from hard questions to trolls.

No, like I said before, this is all in good fun.

And this time my
is meant to show you that I have no problem with you and that my point about being a film maker and that making my films less credible is silly. I could see it though, if Spielberg said he had proof on tape of a UFO, no one would take him serious either. I have other videos out there if you are looking to see what else I do. I don't do paranormal stuff usually. I do action.

And my other thread was a dud since the audio was so bad. I know my way around all of the Adobe suit and XSI. I could fake this way better. If someone takes any of that as a reason to dismiss what I am doing, then this thread isn't for them.

Thanks for pointing that out though, I would have never of thought that someone having the ability and desire to work in film as a reason to dismiss them.

Just as with anyone else, even with video, it is still just my word.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think the paranormal is very real.

I've had many experiences my whole life, when I was younger (i have no memory of this) my mum used to say that I would burst out laughing at night in bed and when she would come in I would be asleep. It carried on for a while until she stayed outside my door until i laughed and opened the door and asked me why I was laughing, I apparently told her Grandad was on the wall making me laugh, i had never met him as he died before i was born but my mum said i described him with such detail that i must of been seeing him, I wish i could remember it!

Because it happens so often I kind of just shrug it of as nothing and act like it doesn't bother me, I've never been harmed or thought I was in danger so its just like someone is maybe trying to get my attention, or it could just be I'm looking into it to much, I always look for a logical reason before I think it could be slightly paranormal.

You said your son saw a women, I tend to believe children when they say they see paranormal occurrences, my sister had two imaginary friends which she called boy and girl, she made my mum cook dinner for them and everything, and if she did something naughty she would say they made her do it, I would always get a weird feeling when she said they were there and it just makes you think if they are not imaginary after all, she was only 3 and I cant image her making up such a detailed story about them.

I would love to see if you catch anything on video and will be checking back if you do get something, my nan always told me that if you are scared in anyway and think they are trouble, just nicely ask them to leave and they will, has worked for me.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

The Grandpa thing is pretty creepy. But I guess since he was cracking you up then it must have been fine. Thanks for sharing that.

And my son is 14 now so I will have to drag his butt from the XBox to where he said that he saw her. By the time he comes on the 6th I'm sure that this thread will have petered out but I am curious just the same.

Thanks again
Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Your videos is perfect nothing to say about that
i didnt want to derail your thread
you seems like a good guy and i like to talk with you
but the point of making a thread on ATS is having 2 side
1 thats support your theory and the other that try to debunk it

since my first post in your thread ..
i was one sided and was really beleiving that you had maybe paranormal activity
now im just a little more skeptic but still 100% open minded about your case

usualy spirit or dark entity dont only mess with one door opening and closing
they mess wity other small thing in your house
make strange noises or voices .. lights are flickering .. things moving around a few inches

i do beleive your son seeing that woman
but what is telling you the woman a ghost .. it was maybe a neighbor

i really like all the details has much you can get
it will help your investigations
edit on 7/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ive been interested in and active in the paranormal field for yrs.. and just recently in the last 4 or 5 yrs got bored with it and the people in it these days. Im old, grumpy, and a skeptical believer. Ive come to the conclusion from my own experiences, yrs of hearing first hand accounts, investigations, and reading things... that the dead that hang around and never move on are completely stupid. Theyre complete morons for whatever reason, behaviors make no sense, theyre merely annoying and ridiculous. I have my own ideas about that though.
Getting it on film and all of that may prove something to someone.. but in the end.. theyre just stupid and I wouldnt expect any rational conversation or behaviors. Other things may be a whole 'nother animal though.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
EVP expirement.

So using the Mic I mentioned before and Cool Edit Pro I did some tests. I isolated the sound after each of my questions and amplified the section. They I dropped Hiss Reduction filters on it until I hear something interesting.

The first question asked was " Is there anybody Here?" Then in the silence following that I heard a hushed sound.

when I filtered the sound through Cool Edit it was very hiss-y still but I could make out a small noise. Now here is the problem. I asked a yes or no question. In fact that would only be a yes question wouldn't it
Anyway I heard something through all the filters that could sound like a "Yes" But here is the problem. I was looking for a "yes" and that sound could have been anything and My brain wanted a yes so that is what I heard. Probably.

All of the other questions went unanswered. Silence.

And I also learned that the filtering process to get a good sample needs to be perfected. I will try again this time and ask questions that require more than a single syllable answer. I don't expect to get anything from this, I've just always wanted to try it and see how easy it is. Turns out it would be incredibly easy to fool yourself into believing that you heard something. I'll give it a few more tries then wait for dark to set.

Also, the room is quite and I live pretty far out in the boondocks. but still during the day noise could filter in through the walls. I promise unless it is worth posting that I won't bother with updating anyone on this part of the investigation.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So, clothing does have an afterlife? Interesting.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Just an FYI, Audacity is good , but I used Adobe Audition... and you can filter out the hiss and bring up the voice without it having that stupid digitized sound.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JCThefirst
So, clothing does have an afterlife? Interesting.

I have heard from known real life psychics that the ghost or entity has the power to project their image as they want it to be seen.. This is why they have clothes on, the clothes themselves are a projection originating from the entity.
What is really funny about this concept is that it was used in the original matrix movie and called "residual self image"..

The only difference when it is ghosts appearing is that they can project whatever form they want you to see, if they have enough energy to do so.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thanks for the tip.

I am using cool edit from right before adobe bought the company. Just cause I'm cheap

And did you ever get any good stuff? Feel free to post it here. I'd like to hear it

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I TRULY hope you catch something on camera.
However, growing up in a family of painters...with many dogs in the house (my mom bred, raised and showed Doberman Pinchers), I remember numerous times when our dogs and puppies were drawn to and actually would consume my Mom and Dad's oil paints. The often would try to break into their art studio...and occaisionally would succeed.

Funny story:
One morning we woke up to our large litter of puppies; sometime in the night, they had escaped their litterbox, gotten into my Mom and Dad's painting studio...and ate a variety of their oil paints. What we came down to, in addition to 5 or 6 loose puppies, where piles of multi-colored dog poops scatterred throughout the downstairs.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I'm really glad the way you approach to it and glad that there are people like you so i don't feel alone with this kind of understanding and approach, and i do agree with you that there are things in life that you should experience it to understand and know the reality of it.

i had kind of the same experience too at my friends place where i even took her picture by asking her, and we figured out she's there with her family her son and husband the husband was always black shadow the son was seen my brother who never believed in these things and my friend seen her several time when he tells the story everybody laughs at him, until i took a picture and i even smelled her perfume in several time,

i can't find a way to list a picture which i took any way glad to hear your opinion

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Anther EVP update:

So I continued to draw that sound out of the same clip above and by filtering and tweaking the amplication a bunch, I swear it now says "f-word you" or f-word no"

The original question was "is anybody here?". And I thought that it said "yes". But now it doesn't. Most likely the filter process is adding information to the file. Let's hope anyway

Especially given what it now sounds like. I'm going to try again and be polite this time.

I am definitely going to include that into the video. I really hope that I'm just imagining it.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

very nicely said, that reminds me when one time i got out of my body i just imagined that i was wearing a suit and just like that..... done!!!! when you try to get in to these kind of things "spiritual growth" you learns lots of things of cause should be careful and learn the laws or you'll be grounded for life one important thing I've learns how much the thought is powerful and was very interesting thing to do... oh man you won't believe what you can do when you get out of your body.!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

If you're not interested, why did you stop by? You don't even need to make a comment if you don't believe it...
just go on your merry little way to some other boring thread and leave this one to the one's who believe because we have experienced these types of things, and maybe can offer some advice to help.

OP, I believe your story 100%. I am following it to see if you get anything. I haven't got to all the posts yet because so many have popped up since I was last on here, so you may have already. If not, good luck.
Maybe you, or someone could talk to it and see if you can help them cross over? Sometimes these spirits don't even realize they're dead.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
MMmmm... Cream of mushroom soup sounds really good! Maybe I will have some for dinner over wild rice.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hey John! Great thread & investigation!
I was thinking about the dogs. Maybe when your neighbor moved/cleaned stuff out of the cupboard, it disturbed the 'smell' of the place. Maybe the dogs, noticing the change in smell, did 'investigate'?
The smell of mushrooms makes me think of mold.

Perhaps as a test you could put the doors back on the way they were originally (off tracks), & put a hunk of meat in there.
See if the dogs can actually nose their way in, & if so, how far they open the door.

Am looking forward to following your adventure, ha ha!
Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

You know, that's not a half bad idea. Maybe I could put one of their stuffed chews or a treat or something and then let the camera do the work. Being pups I bet they would be more inclined to do it when no one was around.

And as for the mushroom. Smell, I don't smell it but she does have 3 big dogs. Maybe one of them farted.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

We have a "guest" too. Started a few months ago. I think it's resifpdual from when my son was screwing around with incantations and he neve r closed the door. He's moved on but I'm afraid the door is still open. I heard a very loud bang right over the header of the door going into my bathroom out of the master bath. Then, the door knob on my door started to vibrate. Very weird.
My so, who lives upstairs, complains of being pushed, touched, etc. hears voices. We hear a lot of clunks and bumps upstairs. I've tried recording some and do hear bangs buts it's impossible to attribute to the super natural as I'm not there (I leave the iPhone on record for 10 minutes and leave).
So we acknowledge it's presents knowing that good wins more powerful than any annoyance this entinity can do so no big deal really. As long a stuff doesn't start flying around the house, I think we're ok.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It could be some thing to do with the paintings you know. I've heard lots of times things like that can have things "attattched" to them. Could be the artist and he wants the painting to be on the wall. Could be a previous owner with an attatchment to it. Ask questions and see what happens. Listen for subtle signs. Don't be afraid lol.

Edit; something just said to me to see what time this was posted.... Wow
edit on 1-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join