It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 hours of Paranormal Activity at my house

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wikipedia "paranormal"

Just to get that out of the way. This all just happened and I am documenting this for proof.

So I live on a piece of property that has two houses, one of which I rent from the owners (the Mother in Law).

Today the other occupant came to me to tell me that they had seen a closet door open 3 times without anyone being in the house other than them. She is not the type who is prone to hysteria, in my opinion.

Let me back up. The Neighbor (a woman who is living alone with 3 large dogs) came to me very agitated then told me that a sliding glass-mirrored door on an upstairs hallway closet had opened 3 times today without any apparent forces. By this I mean that she was just around the corner and that she had walked into the room to see the door open. this closet is two feet from her studio where she sews purses. After looking at the stiffness of the door's mechanism it would be difficult for someone to slide the door without a fair amount of force. Now the dogs could have opened the door with enough motivation. For this I am certain. But it is the amount of the door being opened that caught my attention.

The owner says that the first two times that she noticed that the door was ajar that it was around 4"-6". she shut it each time thinking that maybe one of the dogs had nosed their way into smell something. Since she is moving soon the closet is empty accept for a few painting supplies that she wanted out of the way. Other than that the closet is truly, empty.

When she came to me she hadn't said what she was upset about and that I just had to come and see it.

Now, being an opened minded skeptic I took what she showed me at her word. The sliding door was open as far as it could go. That was when she told me about the door having been opened by someone or something other than her two other times in the last 6 hours.

here are the facts that she gave to me:
1: The door in the hallway has been opened without her help 3 times in the last 6 hours.
2; The first two times the opening was 6" and the last was as far as the door could be opened.
3: She closed it the first two times then left it open the third time for me to see.( I closed it this time )
4: she associates the incident with the smell of Cream of Mushroom soup (?)

Lets take a step back even further from her story and mention that she is living in this house alone but is not divorced. Her husband lives 400 miles away and they are in the middle of retiring so that she can sell this house and move to where he is. Last night she was awoken by the sensation of someone getting into her bed. in her words it was as if her husband had crawled into bed and she thought nothing of it until the morning when she awoke to realized that not only was he not living in this house but that the sheets on his side of the bed had been turned down. She is understandably freaked out at this point.

Since I am open to hearing a new theory on things but not apt to believe everything that I hear, I have taken it upon myself to set up a camera in the hallway to record what is going on. (it's recording right now 8 feet from me) So far, I am sitting in the exact chair that she was when the last incident happened typing this on her computer. (she was reluctant to be left alone) The dogs are sleeping, two at my feet and one downstairs on her bed. The owner has decided to retire, it is 8:30 our time. And I am going to let the camera run until I finish here. if nothing has happened by the time I am finished then I will reset the camera for the maximum length of recording before I head next store.

A little back story for you:
This is not the first time that she has come to me with concerns about the house. She once came to me and said that One of the light fixtures in the house had fallen to the ground but not broken while she was in another room and that the plastic handle on a tea pot sitting on the stove had melted while she was at work. Naturally she accused me of doing it. other than my word that I did not, I have no other explanations for how this happened (and I thought that she was a little looney). I just now asked her for any other examples but she couldn't be specific.

on to my own experiences here:
In the house that I am currently living in, my girlfriend will not go into the walk-in closet. She won't give an explanation as to why. She just says that I am crazy for not sensing what is in there. Boy, we sure have come a long way as a society where the person who "doesn't" feel weird things is the crazy one.

My son has told me that he has seen a woman walking around the property dressed in an old wedding dress. It has been a few years since he mentioned it but I just now remembered that so the next time I talk to him I will ask him about it again.

There may be more but until that closet opens again and we catch it on film all I have is my word and the word of others. If there is anything to update I will mention it here again. But if I catch anything on video I will start a new forum called "Closet opens by itself caught on video"

Man! How awesome will it be to catch this on tape?

Cheers.

*BTW, the owner noticed what I was doing here and was understandably freaked out about me telling the world. I told her that the people here are open minded and that we would keep this as discreet as possible. also, if you have any advice or experience that is similar to this I would really appreciate the advice. This poor woman is a little tweaked right now.

***WOW! 50 minutes and not a single poster? Think I will consider this forum dead.

edit on 1-7-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
you got flagged at stared maybe no one can come up with any idea.

Its a interesting read.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for sharing! I wish there were more threads about paranormal stuff here, that's why I joined ats in the first place. I get soo tired of all the political bickering that dominates now.

Good job trying to get video evidence, I really do hope you catch something.
Maybe you could try capturing an evp too? There are some apps that do that, not sure if they actually work though.
Can you tell us anything about the history of the place, how old it is, etc?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I've read your OP and so far can not come to any conclusion as to what this might be until there is some tangible material to support what you say. However, I will say that I have encountered some odd things in my current home so I will not rule out the possibility of this phenomenon being supernatural. All I know for sure is that it can not immediately explained.

Three nights after moving into here, I was asleep in my bed with my bedroom door closed, and my back facing the door. Around 2-2:30 AM EST I was woken with the sensation that someone was standing behind me, watching me. I was young at the time, and too fearful to roll over to see for myself. After a few minutes, I experienced what felt like a hand gently touching the back of my head, and slowly running down to my shoulder. I immediately turned around after being thoroughly freaked out only to see nothing there.

This may or may not be related, but a few years later, I had some guests stay the evening, and we were discussing ghosts, and how we might capture their images if they were in my home. I read somewhere, and have seen pictures that if you take a photo of a completely dark room with the flash on, it might catch an apparition. We put this to the test, and after developing the pictures, one of them had a silhouette of a person's upper torso and head glowing orange, standing in the threshold of the door leading to my back porch.

Since then, while I am laying in bed I have heard unexplainable noises late at night similar to someone or something striking wood once or twice. (I have wooden shelves in my dining room, next to my bedroom where the noise comes from.) However, I have experienced nothing more.

I find it eerie that she senses something from that closet, and It would be interesting if you caught this on film or audio recording and shared it with the community. I hope you find some explanation to put your senses to rest.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

this is a very interesting thread.
i hope that what ever is happening it can be easily explained by something like a squirrel or something like that.

but, if it is something other worldly i hope it's not mean.

i look forward to your updates.

-subfab

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Be careful with what your doing

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
Cool, thanks for sharing! I wish there were more threads about paranormal stuff here, that's why I joined ats in the first place. I get soo tired of all the political bickering that dominates now.

Boy is that the truth! Same reason I joined, but not much to read.

Very interesting story here! Can't wait to see if you catch something on video. Don't give up on here. There are still some of us around. Sorry I have no answers for you.
edit on 1-7-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Go in there and challenge satan to a contest. Tell him you can open doors too. And then tell him, that you can also close them!

I bet he'll freak out at your powers and leave forever.

Throw some holy water around the place as you do just to maximise the impact.

And then video tape it.

Serious, this could be a world exclusive if you can document it on video. Get that mother licker angry!!! God will protect you!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

At one time I would have just brushed this Topic Off as Bull...but I have experienced a few things which have changed my perspective as well as the Home that I currently live in...which I renovated extensively...and in particular...increased the size of a downstairs bathroom by tearing down a wall that had on the other side a Cold Storage room where a Hundred Years ago people would place their Gardens Cabbage, Potato's and other cold crops in to store for the winter.

These rooms also doubled as a place to put Dead Family Members as Funeral Homes did not yet exist and people tended to have a Body Viewing or Wake right in their Homes. I was as Big a Skeptic as you could find but I can not dismiss what I have seen with my own eyes.

Bottom Line...I and My Girl are living with at least one Ghost. Now I have no fear of Ghosts as it is the LIVING that are Dangerous...but as long as you put forth a strong will of your mind as well as stay away from any NEGATIVITY when a Spirit decides to be seen...you have nothing to fear. It is in a persons Negative Emotions as well as Fear that a Ghost can Manifest and trust me...you are ALIVE and YOU set the rules.

A Ghost was a person just like yourself but for some reason...if it is an Intelligent Haunt...unlike another type of Haunting which is basically a recording of a Spirit doing the same thing over and over. This is very much like the way music can be recorded upon a Magnetic Tape...in a Non-Intelligent Haunt...certain Materials such as a home built on a High Level of Quarts Ledge or Rock Shelf or certain aspects of Water in Motion as for a Spirit to Physically Manifest it must draw energy from something whether it be electrical cables or moving water...it must use Electrical Energy or Static Electric Energy created from movement of Water over Rock.

My Girl and I have lived with this Ghost for some time and the feeling we get is positive and this is because...just like anyone alive...it will get testy if it feels it is being mistreated. On occasion but not that often...it will get playful and cause something to move or partially appear. I have no issue sharing the home with it.

In your case...I would suggest that you talk to it in a positive manner and lay down the ground rules. A Human Mind of Strong Will is capable of chasing away a Ghost temporarily but to do this will only start issues. If it continues acting in a manner contrary to what you desire...you should take this approach but warn it ahead of time. Unlike the Movies...a Ghost has no real way to harm you. But it can gain in strength if it grows angry and you provide it with the necessary negative or fearful emotions that is needed for it to access your mind.

For a Ghost to move Matter...takes much energy as well as determination from a spirit....and like all people there are Ghosts that are good and bad or scared. But YOU have the MENTAL ABILITY to effect it on a much greater scale than it can effect you. Most Ghost Sightings are not Visual Sensory Input from your eyes to your brain but rather the Spirit Directly Accessing your Mind. This is something you do not want to happen. If it can access your mind it can also plant feelings and emotions in your thoughts such as fear or dread or happiness depending on what you are dealing with. But again...YOU HOLD ALL THE CARDS! You must admit it exists and communicate with it verbally.

My Girl and I have done this and it seems to like us as well as our CAT which if you do not know...a CAT's Brain is ALWAYS in ALPHA Brain Wave Frequency 24/7. This state of Alpha Waves is the state that Psychics obtain when they actively pierce Space/Time Constraints. Thus the Egyptians revered Cats as the Guardians of the Underworld. My CAT ALWAYS knows when this Spirit is around.

For those of you who think this all BULL...I myself thought the same...until it happens to you...it is tough to believe. But it is true...so don't think yourself nuts and ESPECIALLY DO NOT EXPRESS NEGATIVE EMOTIONS. If the Spirit is a former good person or scared...it will just either get offended or more scared. If the Spirit was a SOB in LIFE...then you have to be much more forceful of will...but even if this Ghost was a Mass Murderer...it cannot hurt you. It CAN ACCESS YOUR MIND...but only if you let it by expressing FEAR or Disbelief. If you acknowledge it exists...and it knows you know it exists...then you could have an interesting companion like I and My Girl do...or you could have a SOB who get's off on scaring people...but once it realizes that you KNOW that you can dirburse it at any time...it will behave and this may take a bit of time depending how long it has been trapped in Limbo like this...and there are people who can help...and it matters not what you believe Religiously but it DOES matter what the Spirit believes so research...continued...SI

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Continued...So...research into who and what circumstances governed the possible individual that is bothering you is important. If they were say...Roman Catholic...getting a Priest to do a cleansing of your home may be enough to send it packing!

Anyways....GOOD LUCK! And remember....it is YOU that has the Mental Power to control as well as guard against any accessing of your mind. Everyone who is involved should be made aware of this also. If it is a Ghost of the Nature that we have...you will have little issues...but what concerns me is the amount of movement of actual Matter.

This could mean it or more than one Spirit is PISSED OFF about something...or it could be just trying to get your attention. Please let me know if anything that has happened has been of a Threatening Manner. Document each occurrence as well as time and date as this may be significant. But again...it is YOUR HOME...and regardless of it's ability to do tricks...it's ability to do so will diminish proportionally with your Mental Will as well as acknowledgement that it exists. It feeds off your emotional energy states thus eliminate access to those states and you elliminate it's ability to mes with you.

If you have any questions or need help you can always PM me...I am Split Infinity.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
*In slow creepy whispering voice "Get out"........

That's pretty spooky, camcorder ftw!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Sounds really interesting especially the part about the women your son saw walking around in a wedding dress gave me the shivers.
Hope you do catch something on tape and if you do I'm looking forward to seeing it!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Interesting story however me thinks paranormal activity 4 is due for release soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

When you get finished here, come visit my thread if you want paranormal stuff. I have almost 60 pages so far on the thread. Makes for some great late night reading.
Please comment on your thoughts while visiting, too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&F for you, OP!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Can you tell us anything about the history of the place, how old it is, etc?

It's around 40-50 years old and has a big shop at the other end of the property. The Mother In Law was converted from a garage about 15 years ago. That part where I mentioned my girlfriend won't go in the closet...that part of the MIL is where the had built on a small apartment a long tim ago that was pretty dingy when they moved in. It was converted literally for the woman's mother in law

There is t any info that I know of regarding any other things that go on here except that on time I had a night terror where I thought that I was awake and looking at the reflection of the bathroom door in the window. I was laying in my bed and something with tentacles for a head was walking out of the bathroom into the bedroom. That part of the house is where the old apartment was and steps up into where the old garage started(my bedroom). I looked away from the window thinking that I would see someone standin in the doorway but there wasn't anything.

Also, one time I dreamt that there was someone looking at me through a window floating above the end of my bed. Again, this was as I was waking up and as I looked the person they noticed me looking at them and seemed to reach down below the window on their side. Then the window disappeared. I had a feeling of terror whenit was going on but as soon as I awoke fully i was very peaceful.

And the girlfriend says that I scream in my sleep sometimes. Could be stress. And it's been a while since it's happened. About 5 months. Thanks for reading

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
, and we were discussing ghosts, and how we might capture their images if they were in my home. I read somewhere, and have seen pictures that if you take a photo of a completely dark room with the flash on, it might catch an apparition.

. I hope you find some explanation to put your senses to rest.

I love this idea. Thanks. I am going to try it tonight. There is a mirror opposite the door so I will have to cover that first due to the flash.

And your " hand on your " head story gave me goose bumps. Thanks for sharing that

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthful
Be careful with what your doing

Thank you for the concern. I am bein as respectful as I can and have often thought about "sharing" this place. I also leave every door in the house open at all times. Except the outside doors of course. I figure open house means room for everything to move freely. Hope that that's alright. Any advice as to making sure I don't Pisa off a ghost or demon? Any advice would be better than a warnin and no advice.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thanks that was the most helpful advice yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by combatfoo2000
Interesting story however me thinks paranormal activity 4 is due for release soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by combatfoo2000

I don't get it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join