It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would the government deal with zombies? Your theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here's mine:

In any type of zombie like case, first things first would be to try and isolate those infected. This would include shutting down roads, and major highways once the infection really starts spreading. Town and cities would be quarantined and people who seem to not be infected would surely be scooped by the CDC and government to try and crate a vaccine from those who are not afflicted or infected by the bug.

With people dying at quick rates from the disease being spread though contact with saliva or blood (including coughs and sneezes), or even chances of it getting stronger and becoming airborne. The people who are not infected carry the same gene mutation that allows them to not catch it from without coming in direct contact with blood or saliva from an infected. These would be survivors.

There would with no doubt be a cover-up. The scariest thing to a government is an out of control population. They'd be gripped with the fear of people looting, fighting, killing, raping and becoming all out infected with an even worse "end of the world" mind-set or craze. There are far more people per city, town or village than police or government workers, period. The fear that they could not control their people is far more frightening than having to eradicate entire cities and towns which would include all the people within the walls of them. With the government not being able to fully control the media and stories breaking out from all over the world, they would surely incite Marshall Law to all hell would break loose. Soldiers against the people and people against the soldiers until they all become infected due to direct contact in mass riots all over the world.

Once they all have fallen ill to the new plague, they all unconsciously and with no memories of anything other than the moment they are in, commit to one common goal that is "food". This leaves those who are not infected to fight off these decaying creatures that were once human. With no human impulses other than survival, these "living dead" would rot, no matter if the feasted on the flesh of the living or not. They would all fall to the great evils of being dead. First these bodies would go though rigor mortis, then the blood would settle to the lowest point in the body which is called livor mortis, next the body might even begin to swell or bloat depending on the conditions in which they are exposed. We might even get those classic green and bluish looking zombies thanks to pallor mortis, which, if a person was to die with extreme blood loss, the capillaries in his or her body would loose color and turn dark and quite fake looking. Here is link to a (very graphic) picture of what that can look like.

Unless this was a rage virus and they did not die, but were simply infected and have succumb to a virus that takes over the brain as well as the body, they would die just like anything else would. It wouldn't matter if you hit them in the head or heart, they would die of blood loss or choking on their meal of flesh or blood from head or throat wounds. These would still be people and they would be able to run, jump or even be capable of simple thought. It would all depend on what parts of your brain it would control. It would surely their madula oblangatta to create the "rage" part of rage virus. It would most likely, as someone previously mentioned, increase their core temperature and in order to keep that up they would have to eat. A lot. That would create the zombie like effect of them eating the living. In a worst case scenario they would become predators with extreme animal like instincts. They might even stalk their prey. Once again, it would all depend on what parts of the brain it controlled and how well the disease controlled it.

I love a good zombie discussion, so please, if I didn't cover something you're curious about, or didn't explain it to your liking please ask me about it!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I imagine they would try to do what they do in zombie movies.
Kill everyone in and around the infection and hope it doesn't get out.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
They would kill everything in the surrounding area. I would think they would have a token force to hold the zombies at bay, and then use a nuke to wipe out all trace of them. Then after the a city had been nuked they would either...

a) Blame it on terrorists
b) Blame it on some type of accident occurring.

I personally think a, since then they could get another war on terror out of it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
whats a zombie? seriously?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'ld think they would do what they allready do. Hire them on as TSA agents.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Run them as candidates in the next elections ... or give them way overpaid jobs where they do absolutely nothing ...

new topics

top topics

join