It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I getting a red 'X' on everything today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I opened ATS this morning to find that on every picture, and pretty much everything else, even the smileys, have a big red 'X'. I haven't changed anything on this computer since yesterday. Is ATS running a new script? Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Nope I haven't ever experienced that before, sorry I don't really know?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Not just you. Had the problem myself - and wasted a few hours troubleshooting it. Then it worked for a few hours, now back down. Only ATS. All 3 browsers.

Hey ATS Management - can you chime in and let us know officially what is up?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Having the same problem. Only it's not just a red x.
On Chrome it is an image symbol, on firefox, just blanks, and explorer the red x.

Also, it is taking fourty forevers to load even that.

If it was an everyone problem, I thought it might be the storms on the east coast affected the servers, like those of pinterest and netflix.But it seems some aren't experiencing the problems.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've been getting empty boxes.
I live in Florida, which I guess could be considered the East Coast.
Maybe that is it, servers down from the power outage.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Glad it's not only me, but sure would like to know why it's happening!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

The couple people I have run into who are having the problem seem to be in the southeastern US. I'm just north of NC, and the other people I know who have had problems are in SC and NC.

Is everyone else having a problem in the same geographic area?

Can anyone chime in from the southeastern US who isn't having this on again, off again problem?

edit on 6/30/2012 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Note: All other sites seem to be loading fine.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't know what's happening...as i live in AUS. However, i have experienced what you are stating in the past.

Perhaps attempt to clear your cache?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Power outages on the eastern seaboard of the US have been affecting everything from Netflix to Pinterest. Could be the same thing disrupting hosting for other sites...

Edit: I mean affecting the companies that host and serve data!
edit on 30-6-2012 by Pellinore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thanks for the recommendation.

I did that as my second try at fixing it. The first being a system shut down and reboot.

ETA: I wasn't on the site during the middle of the day so I can't speak to that time frame. But I am on everyday and this is a first for me.
edit on 30-6-2012 by amarenell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm in the Southeast as well, don't know if this has anything to do with it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
TN, same problem here. Been happening on and off for a couple of weeks.

ETA - It is also happening on my phone!
edit on 30-6-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Everything's fine on my end so i guess i have no clue on whats going on. Everything fine your end of the planet : P

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
In case it helps anybody else, I went through several hours of troubleshooting before I realized that there were other people experiencing the same problem.

It is intermittent now, and I'm hoping that whatever the cause is, perhaps someone from ATS can officially at least acknowledge it. This could hopefully save other members from wasting their time thinking its a problem with their system.

Edit to add: My troubleshooting included trying different browsers, rebooting, changing dns servers, running an extensive system scan, even trying a different computer altogether at my location. The problem persists, but at least for me, only on ATS, no other website.
edit on 7/1/2012 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
TN, same problem here. Been happening on and off for a couple of weeks.

ETA - It is also happening on my phone!
edit on 30-6-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

Have you written anything the security state apparatus are concerned with? Basically a plugin has been inserted into your computer through a backdoor and while the programme syncs with the NS A servers, you will have image lag.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Normally I would tell you that server maintenance happens on Saturday night (US Central Time) and that can cause all sorts of weirdness, but, apparently some have had this issue since Friday?

That's odd, but there's nothing happening on our end causing it and I know that because if it were everyone would be experiencing it and I have not seen it on my end. I'd also venture a guess there'd be hundreds, if not thousands, of people complaining about it were it being caused by the ATS servers.

Assuming it's not your ISP(s) (the geographical relationship of those experiencing it does make that a distinct possibility), clearing cookies and cache, checking security settings, etc.. are about all I can recommend at this point. I know that's not very satisfying but it's really all I can offer.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Back to normal now. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you so much for the post. For the record, I experienced the issues from Saturday afternoon thru Sunday morning - although intermittently by the evening. All seems fine now.

I did read about some impact to an internet web hosting site for some in my state of Virginia - although I am much further south then the source indicates the problems were experienced that it refers to. Perhaps this or a related outage from the storms on Friday evening were the cause.

Source

Hopefully its smooth sailing ahead. Thank you again for the reply.

edit on 7/1/2012 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Starting working fine this morning. THANK GOODNESS!

new topics

top topics

join