It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted Arsonist Takes Pill, Dies in Courtroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Convicted Arsonist Takes Pill, Dies in Courtroom

www.local12.com

Court officials said the judge and lawyers began discussing aggravating factors and the jury was taken out of the room. About 5 minutes later, he placed that drink bottle on the table. Once again buried his face in his hands, and for a second time appeared to place something else into his mouth. At 12:52, Marin took a final drink.

A few seconds later, he turned to talk to the people sitting behind him. He began to convulse at first lightly. But quickly it grows more violent. His attorneys called for help. Marin hunched over, slowly collapsing to the ground as others rushed in to help.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
gawker .com
edit on 30-6-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

www.liveleak.com... video
edit on 30-6-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just crazy, never seen anything like this before. It raises the question how did he get those pills into the court-room? Surely he must have been searched before he came in?

It could be said that he did tax-payers a favor, he saved them having to pay for his life in jail. Cynical, but perhaps a sensible way of looking at this.

www.local12.com

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here is the video www.liveleak.com... He was looking at many years in prison for his crime was akin to murder.

When he dies: The infamous death snore.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Just crazy, never seen anything like this before. It raises the question how did he get those pills into the court-room? Surely he must have been searched before he came in?

It could be said that he did tax-payers a favor, he saved them having to pay for his life in jail. Cynical, but perhaps a sensible way of looking at this.

www.local12.com

Judging by his attire he was on bond when he attended trial. So he came from outside of detention. I'm sure most courthouses search for weapons but because he was not in custody, there is not reason to search for anything more than that when someone enters.

Marin burned down his Phoenix mansion on July 5, 2009
after it failed to sell at a charity auction. No one was injured in the blaze
but the charge of committing arson of an occupied structure holds the same
number of years in prison in Arizona as second-degree murder.

The guy may have tried to scam insurance by burning down his house, but I don't think killing himself should be looked at as "saving the taxpayers money."

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Another victim of hardtimes in America? No more American Dream? No more Europe Drea?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Think that bad next six month will make this look like child play
Better get ready it coming

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
First off the court room looked like it was filled with cardboard furniture ,nothing like how the rest of the world sees USA court rooms like Judge Judy LOL.
I think if people were issued with suicide pills at the start of the trial it would save a lot of money (joke)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is sad, but at the end of the day, it was his choice, and he made it.

The ghoul in me wonders what the pill was though.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I too thought at first this guy is a victim of the crisis but in this case I think the guy took a chance and it misfired, so he chose suicide over 16 years in jail and probably the prospect of losing friends and family when getting out and becoming a convict.

He could have let it go, selling the place and moving to a cheaper home but he thought he could get away with it. Or maybe he went crazy because of the crisis and losing his job and house and didn't want anyone else to get the house, then changed his mind and ran out the fire. Still if he would have just moved at least he would have been a contributing member of the society. It's not a good thing when those who pay taxes start to kill themselves because they can't handle themselves anymore in the prospect of downgrading.

I guess it is to be expected more people will commit suicide over the next few decades because of the economic crisis, all the people who had it good for too long who are now unable/unwilling to lower their standards. Those who already had lower standards should be fine though. They already made their own survival mechanisms in their minds, while the wealthy relied on material things. The latter can be lost but hope and faith can't.
edit on 1/7/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"The Crisis?????" This coward, who couldn't afford his over-valued home decided to kill himself instead of doing what the rest of us have done. Downsize.

I personally thought, after researching, that he was gambling from the beginning. He made his money on wall-street, so he's definetely a gambler.

No one ever escapes a house fire with scuba gear.

Rich doesn't mean smart, that is for sure.

I would have got the job done for him without any suspicion.
Multiple cumbustion points within the structure is a dead give-away of arson.
What a marooon.

top topics

join