It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creator was a......?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
I understand what the people claiming that God in the OT was a Volcano are referring to, however, at the same time they unfortunately also ignore the descriptions that speaks against Yahweh having been a Volcano, such as the description of a very loud and long trumpet-like sound during the descent. Not to mention; whom would ever go up on a Volcano during its eruption, and yet fully understand the danger of doing so, as the Bible describes how the whole area before the descent had to be fenced of for security-reasons, as the many unlookers would perish if they got too close to the place for descension.

The God was a Volcano-theory, although thought provoking, have way too many holes to hold water if truly analysing it.

Please re-read your last sentence and ask yourself if you have truly analysed this theory. I am pretty sure, given your other sentences, that you have not. Trumpet noises...common during eruptions.

Exodus 19:12 Put limits for the people around the mountain and tell them, 'Be careful that you do not go up the mountain or touch the foot of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death.. 13. He shall surely be stoned or shot with arrows; not a hand is to be laid on him. Whether man or animal, he shall not be permitted to live.' Only when the ram's horn sounds a long blast may they go up to the mountain."

He shot his arrows and scattered [the enemies], great bolts of lightning and routed them. Psalms 18:14

"I will heap calamities upon them and spend my arrows against them. Deut 33:23

He has prepared his deadly weapons; he makes ready his flaming arrows. Psalms 7:13

On the wicked he will rain fiery coals and burning sulfur; a scorching wind will be their lot.Psalms 11:6

Do I really need to tell you what 'shot through' means or what 'His arrows' are? Do I???

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Now fit in holy mountains, brimstone and the lake of fire.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

That's fine by me for you not believing in any God. Seriously it doesn't bother me. I on the other hand don't believe in a form in the sky watching the every existence of your life, but I also don't buy that a chain of random events brought us to the existence we see today. This is my opinion and I'm not pushing it.

That said I am open minded as I look into your argument. Is it possible that it is true? Yes, as is the "Cargo Cult" incidences that happened when natives where found worshiping cargo planes that dropped off food and supplies.

I guess what I'm saying is I can see the possibility of it but it, for me, it doesn't answer how we are here today. Happenstance doesn't fill in the blanks for me.
edit on 1-7-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I'm only talking about the 'one true god' we in the West have all been programmed to believe in. Did you expect to find someone with all the answers to all the questions?

Google 'god was a volcano' and 'yahweh volcano' to get you started and in a few weeks you might be able to make your judgement.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

I'm only talking about the 'one true god' we in the West have all been programmed to believe in. Did you expect to find someone with all the answers to all the questions?

Google 'god was a volcano' and 'yahweh volcano' to get you started and in a few weeks you might be able to make your judgement.

No, I don't expect to find any human with any real answers. We are all running around like each of us know our own truth.
I think your taking me as an attack to you, I hope not. I assure you I am in no way attacking you. I asked questions not to trap you but to see what you thought of them. I know you came here looking to defend your view, but as you do this know that this is what others will be doing.

If they don't want to believe God is a Volcano then by all means allow them to believe what they want.

The problem with religious views or lack thereof is that everyone wants to throw theirs onto everyone else. I'll find my own truth as it seem you too are doing.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You've filled this thread up with lots of talk and zero information. Please investigate this theory. It might give you something interesting to talk about.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Alright... show your evidence that there is any volcanoes in that area... While you're at it... show some evidence of any volcanic material around Mt.Sinai...

I don't need to disprove anything... the burden of proof lies with the person that makes the claim...

You are not reading the geology of the area of Midian in Saudi Arabia. This is part of the East Aftican Rift zone and it is loaded with volcanic evidence in large abundance. The road to Mecca is loaded with Basalt flows, all volcanic. Even some cinder cones. The evidence even shows up from space photos of the region.

The Road to Mecca used to kill travelers due to volcanic explosions that killed camels and even the traverlers.

One of the reasons the Saudis have Moses Mtn all fenced off is because it is so close to the road to Mecca and they just don't want an Christians and Jews coming to check it out. It is also a bit embarrasing for the Islam to figure out that Abraham's god deal is linked with Moses god deal at Midian, and the East African Rift Zone, and Tectonic plate movement making for lots of volcanic related physical activity.

www.trails.com...

Scale the Al Wahba Crater
Hike the Al Wahba Crater northeast of the city of Mecca. Situated in the desert, this massive crater measures nearly 1 mile across with 850-foot cliff faces stretching to the bottom of the pit. The crater bottom fills with water in the wet season and turns into a salt-pan in the summer as the sun evaporates the moisture. This area once saw large amounts of volcanic activity, and the sandy plains surrounding the crater consist mostly of volcanic ash. Trek up the side of the crater to the top. Palm trees grow along the northern cliff face, providing shade for tired hikers. Some locals claim that the crater resulted from a meteorite, but it is in fact an extinct volcano. It takes more than 2 hours to scale and circle the crater once you reach the top, and the descent takes another 45 minutes. Set out on your excursion early and bring plenty of water with you to stay hydrated. Camping is permitted around the crater, but you should hire a guide if you plan on spending the night. Campers and hikers must make do without any bathroom facilities, and no garbage can be left on site.

www.saudiaramcoworld.com...

Western Saudi Arabia is in fact covered not only with sand, but also with vast fields of lava. In Arabic, these lava fields are known as harraat. (The singular is harrah; before a name, it is harrat.) Some dozen named harraat in Saudi Arabia together form one of Earth’s largest alkali basalt regions, covering some 180,000 square kilometers (nearly 70,000 sq mi), an area greater than the state of Missouri.

Really, some excellent history and photos of the volcanic effects on this URL----so click and read.

Even Moses Father in Law, Jethro, was the big priest of the area worshipping volcanic effects and alchemy

edit on 1-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The East African Rift is lined with volcanic activity, especially in Saudi Arabia

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You make little statements that you think can disprove my theory but inadvertently prove you've not investigated the theory.

I don't think Akragon was making little statements to disprove your theory....I think he was saying that you have tackled a big issue here and your goal is rather lofty. I have gathered that much of the phenomena described as "God appearing" were what in insurance policies are called "acts of God" -- things beyond man's control or understanding.

I'm not religious at all; in fact, I believe the Abrahamic scriptures are primitive anthropomorphising natural phenomena that they could not explain, and were certainly fearsome to behold! (I liked the yt vid of the chilean volcano, btw --- incredible photography). Further, I am not at all closed to the idea of "planet hopping" and "seeding" as the Ancient Alien theorists describe. IMO, probably more likely to be the truth than any literal interpretation of the Bible.

Just saying. I think people from the dawn of self-awareness have tried to explain things they saw around them, and at first it all seemed supernatural. Now we know it isn't. It's quite natural.

That's my reasoning for the Bible to be put on a shelf to collect dust as a relic of ancient mythology. It needs a new edition backed by actual facts on the ground and modern knowledge of the Natural world. We give far too little respect to the Earth; a living organism of which we are part.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You've filled this thread up with lots of talk and zero information. Please investigate this theory. It might give you something interesting to talk about.

I am investigating this theory. Why am I here? This is like the third thread this week on this topic.

Just because you don't deem what I write as up to your standards doesn't mean you have to be so quick witted to dismiss it.
How can someone have a conversation with you when all you do is say "investigate the theory". Show me one place where I've disagreed with you other than letting people believe what they want to?

Your thread may go somewhere if you would stop being so defensive. You come on here telling people their God is a Volcano and then back it up with links and smart arse comebacks. You won't convince anyone that way.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Originally posted by Akragon

Alright... show your evidence that there is any volcanoes in that area... While you're at it... show some evidence of any volcanic material around Mt.Sinai...

I don't need to disprove anything... the burden of proof lies with the person that makes the claim...

You are not reading the geology of the area. This is part of the East Aftican Rift zone and it is loaded with volcanic evidence in large abundance. The road to Mecca is loaded with Basalt flows, all volcanic. Even some cinder cones. The evidence even shows up from space photos of the region.

The Road to Mecca used to kill travelers due to volcanic explosions that killed camels and even the traverlers.

One of the reasons the Saudis have Moses Mtn all fenced off is because it is so close to the road to Mecca and they just don't want an Christians and Jews coming to check it out. It is also a bit embarrasing for the Islam to figure out that Abraham's god deal is linked with Moses god deal at Midian, and the East African Rift Zone, and Tectonic plate movement making for lots of volcanic related physical activity.

www.trails.com...

Scale the Al Wahba Crater
Hike the Al Wahba Crater northeast of the city of Mecca. Situated in the desert, this massive crater measures nearly 1 mile across with 850-foot cliff faces stretching to the bottom of the pit. The crater bottom fills with water in the wet season and turns into a salt-pan in the summer as the sun evaporates the moisture. This area once saw large amounts of volcanic activity, and the sandy plains surrounding the crater consist mostly of volcanic ash. Trek up the side of the crater to the top. Palm trees grow along the northern cliff face, providing shade for tired hikers. Some locals claim that the crater resulted from a meteorite, but it is in fact an extinct volcano. It takes more than 2 hours to scale and circle the crater once you reach the top, and the descent takes another 45 minutes. Set out on your excursion early and bring plenty of water with you to stay hydrated. Camping is permitted around the crater, but you should hire a guide if you plan on spending the night. Campers and hikers must make do without any bathroom facilities, and no garbage can be left on site.

edit on 1-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The East African Rift is lined with volcanic activity, especially in Saudi Arabia

It's one massive hot potato

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yet another "God is a volcano. Read my blog" post from FogHorn. How utterly shocking. Honestly it seems like this nonsense is nothing but an endless attempt to promote his blog on this website.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

More talk and no information. If you have something to say on the subject, other than your personal opinions, then say it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think the theory holds water. I can see primative societies willingly deifing someting as truley awesome as a volcano. Certainly there are alot of correspondance between volcanic attributes and Yahweh.

What I would be more interested in is how this narualistc divinity became sublimated into the version of God (TM Christainity/Islam/Judaism) that we are inflicted with today?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's one massive hot potato

From the times of Tubal Cane and the issues of metals and associations with Vulcan as god, one finds volcano worship and science as part of alchemy.

Should anyone doubt the volcanic effects along the road to Mecca as it passes Midian, have them read:

www.saudiaramcoworld.com...

Then their eyes will see the volcanos and basalt flows, and the jewels that formed in magma chamber beneath the ground. Such was the essence of Moses Mtn of Fire.

Caves

www.saudicaves.com...

edit on 1-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: !!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim

People can argue that a god can be anything. However, there is a difference between a god and THE God. While there may be passages that one can interpret in the Bible as God being a volcano or an alien or whatever they choose to interpret God as, there are many others that illustrate God as otherwise. Was God a volcano when, according to the Book of Genesis, He walked in the Garden of Eden?

What about what other religious texts say? How can God be a volcano when the Qur'an says, "And there is none comparable unto Him." - Surah al-Ikhlas verse 3

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

More talk and no information. If you have something to say on the subject, other than your personal opinions, then say it.

Where does it say I need to bring information to your thread? This is your personal opinion correct? So why can't I bring my personal opinion? You're guessing like the other 7 billion of us are and somehow you think your word is just holier than thou?

Anymore I think the ATS tagline should be "Deny Arrogance".

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
Yet another "God is a volcano. Read my blog" post from FogHorn. How utterly shocking. Honestly it seems like this nonsense is nothing but an endless attempt to promote his blog on this website.

I've copied and pasted plenty of my own original material onto this forum. Does that sound like someone who cares about getting hits to their blog? I make no money from my efforts but lose plenty due to lack of sleep and time out from my business. I am encouraging people to investigate the theory by whatever means and source. It just so happens my blog contains by far the greatest amount of information on it. That is because I've worked on this theory for a year and documented my findings. I use a pseudonym because I do not want anyone to know who I am.

So....please tell me what my ulterior motive is if not money making nor fame?

Don't judge me by your own standards. I am just someone who cares enough to put the effort in to investigate and then push a damn good theory that deserves a lot of attention. I am someone who is hoping with all her heart something comes of it soon because I don't want this world to be spoilt beyond repair by warring people who believe in a volcano god....of all things!

Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrFaustus
I think the theory holds water. I can see primative societies willingly deifing someting as truley awesome as a volcano. Certainly there are alot of correspondance between volcanic attributes and Yahweh.

What I would be more interested in is how this narualistc divinity became sublimated into the version of God (TM Christainity/Islam/Judaism) that we are inflicted with today?

Thank you for voicing your support.

Yahweh worship survived due to the Hebrews moving to more fruitful lands, which inevitably meant less volcanic. Once away from the deity's physical evidence, Yahweh was made to became omnipresent, omnipotent and omnicient...things he'd not been during the early days....as evidenced in the scriptures (other than Genesis, which was written after Exodus with some historical info, some myths and lots of filler to add credence and a family tree). The Hebrews HAD to leave Egypt in order to worship him and he was often described AS the volcano and dwelling in it. To secure his longevity further, his name was banned....most likely due to it being too revealing. So, in effect, he went through a complete transformation that has ensured his survival and lack of detection for millenia.
edit on 1-7-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You are probably out for money and fame. You can use this whole "I use a fake name to stay anonymous" crap all you want. You are already bragging about having unnamed "Ph.D.s" writing on your "theory."

You think if this catches on you won't come out and say who you are and start writing books and doing speaking engagements? Please. You're like any modern religious charlatan. Out to make money off of some weird religious theory.

Next thing you know you'll be hosting a show called "Volcano gods" on the History Channel or some crap like the Ancient Aliens dude Giorgios Tsoukalis.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

You are probably out for money and fame. You can use this whole "I use a fake name to stay anonymous" crap all you want. You are already bragging about having unnamed "Ph.D.s" writing on your "theory."

You think if this catches on you won't come out and say who you are and start writing books and doing speaking engagements? Please. You're like any modern religious charlatan. Out to make money off of some weird religious theory.

Next thing you know you'll be hosting a show called "Volcano gods" on the History Channel or some crap like the Ancient Aliens dude Giorgios Tsoukalis.

Like I said, don't judge me by your own low standards. I have a very nice life and I do not want anything to change that. I would not suit unusual attention. I neither need nor want fame and fortune. You, on the other hand, clearly do and that is what motivates your comments. You and the multitude like you are what hampers the efforts of people diametrically opposed to you.
edit on 1-7-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join