It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American People Are Angry!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Good news-
We will change it all at the hyperdimensional and subatomic level once and for all.

a consciousness paradigm shift? downward causation? turning point? hundredth monkey? timewave zero? any of the myriad end time prophecies? a species-wide collective moment of clarity?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I haven't read your thread but that was the best 25+ minutes I have ever viewed.

S&F for the video alone, Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
So what to do? Open rebellion? That is going to be nasty, and eventually that might come to be....but if you don't want to do that.....just stop paying taxes, stop going to work. Just stop. Yes, I know for this to work a significant portion of the population has to do this. If enough people who work just stop, the entire corrupt system comes to a halt.

As to the video:

The plan outlined to bring jobs back to America is false. He wants the government to be the job creator in infrastructure but to me this won't work. Yes, people will have jobs as long as the government keeps on paying, but eventually once the money runs out they will become unemployed once again. Bring jobs back by getting rid of NAFTA, free trade - bring back tariffs to make it unattractive for companies to outsource jobs to third world countries where they can pay people pennies.

Yes, reduce military spending but also reduce entitlements (which would be done gradually.) Also, take Wall Street's finger out of the piggy bank - the next time one of too big to fail, fails - then let them sink. It might bring about collapse, but so be it.

Yes, the rich should pay more, but also those who sit on their asses should actually start working (perhaps a compromise would be they can work in those infrastructure projects, they can learn viable skills while collecting their government check)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In order for this to work, I feel you need to mix the plans of the political left and the political right - both sides have valid complaints and until both sides are addressed then nothing is going to get solved.
edit on 1-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Good news-
We will change it all at the hyperdimensional and subatomic level once and for all.

a consciousness paradigm shift? downward causation? turning point? hundredth monkey? timewave zero? any of the myriad end time prophecies? a species-wide collective moment of clarity?

Lets just say there are unseen forces invested in it all. None of your human resources will solve the problem no matter how sound the idea. We are way past that now.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashertron

Seriously All Americans are fat? Blanket statements are rarely true completely. And the BMI used to measure Obesity is FLAWED to begin with. It does not distinguish muscle mass from fat. You can be a bodybuilder with 1 percent fat and still be considered Obese under the BMI. SO before you go shooting off at the mouth do some research. And dont bother replying back. Im going to treat you like a troll is supposed to be treated. Totally ignored.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great speech, everything he said was right on. Sounds like he's fighting an uphill battle when the majority of congress would rather cater to the top 1 percent. Quite disgusting to think that the 16 billion dollar bailout went to banks at 0% interest, while banks turn around and charge us huge interest rates for loans. We need more people like this who will represent the majority in this country.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you for sharing those videos.
The same people who have been robbing America (and other countries) are the same who are claiming they are protecting us. Next time you see a cop beating a citizen, take note who he is working for, his very actions tell us.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by TechUnique
Its about time for an overthrow no?

No! Who the hell would we be overthrowing? Ourselves? The problem isn't that this country has been usurped, of which it has, the real problem is that those who hold the inherent political power have abdicated that power.

It is not us against them we are them!

How many of us have been taught that we are free because we get to elect our leaders? How many of us have been taught that we live in a democracy? How many of us have been taught that all we can do is vote, and then the rest is up to them? We are them!

This is our nation! You as an individual, I as an individual, and ever single individual within the United States, of sound body, mind, and age, has a responsibility to do far more than vote. We are all endowed with unalienable rights and we cannot sit back and hope ambitious politicians and ambitious bureaucrats will protect those rights, we have to protect our own rights. We have to protect the rights of our loved ones, our friends and neighbors and we certainly cannot do that by voting.

We also, most certainly cannot do that by going along to get along. We have long since past the point of getting along, and those ambitious politicians, those ambitious bureaucrats have discovered that they can trample all over our rights just as long as they keep us divided. So, We the People have bought into Democrats and Republicans, Left and Right, we have taken our side and railed against the other side, but if we are all freedom loving individuals who cherish our rights then the only other side are the sycophants of tyranny, and we need not overthrow those sycophants and tyrants, we merely need to refuse to acquiesce to their tyranny.

The ambitious politicians and ambitious bureaucrats would love to see a violent revolution in this nation. That they could easily quell. What these petty tyrants and their sycophants cannot quell is peaceful revolution. They cannot quell non-acquiescence.

So, you can keep voting. You can keep getting licenses to make sure you've obtained permission from the petty tyrants to exercise a right, you can keep paying taxes for something your are most likely not even liable for to begin with, or you can stand tall and refuse to acquiesce to licensing schemes and tax schemes that are antithetical to freedom, and if you cannot find the temerity to do something as simple and peaceful as that, then what in God's name makes you think you could pull off an overthrow?

Excuse me but are you really that naive? You may still control you who "elect" but you have no influence on what they vote yes or no for... politicians are notorious still for selling their vote to the highest bidder or the ones who are most likely to keep them in office for the longest periode of time.

The freedom you have in democracy is there to keep you calm, not to make you part of anything.... you will never be part of anything. Not until you actually rise up and rebel against the greedy, unlawful and unpatriotic people standing in your way.

The honourable senator is one of few... he needs back up and that is supposed to be you. So get out there on the barricades!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
( ALL ) ...Quit griping about all the media and stop consuming it 24/7. You say the news is bought and paid. There are sources that don't alter the news, reliable news sources. Owning a TV is not healthy for a number of pretty clear reasons. Once your life returns to one of doing rather than observing, you will re-claim your life, and take notice and begin taking back your Government and politics. The tide of persuasion, if left to the people will always purge the evildoers, the bought and paid for, criminal minded and corrupt. The people have become sedentary, due to age, or laziness or Time requirements, not every Boomer is on the rolls. That's coming with the greatest tide probably with those born in 1950-1951. Thus 60 years later, as the boomers become disabled, less-abled The government is counting on lethargy to favor them, and they have never had such a great opportunity to vote themselves in any and all beneficial (TO THEM) laws while mostly ignoring it's citizens, and enacting laws to restrain the populace.

You wana make a difference?...... loose the TV, replace that activity with one of actually physical body movement, not just struggling to get comfey in the barkolounger or sofa.

Will you ?....... not till the tide of persuasion makes it a popular activity or 'Cool' .

The kids griping about the Boomers leaving all this debt, consider this.... You have a completely built country, with roads, every amenity for a home and utilities, a pre-built world to inhabit, not wasteland and savage existances. Put down the video game Grandchildren,....... go out and make a difference. Take back the freedoms that have recently been stripped, repair the existing government, to it's original formula and Text. You are only living HALF a FREE LIFE right now, ask someone two generations ago, even one generation ago, ask what's been given up and what's been stripped from you without your consent, ILLEGALLY....

You...Children think we didn't try to give you the Best world we had the power to.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-7-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by Ashertron

You can be a bodybuilder with 1 percent fat and still be considered Obese under the BMI. .

But most American's aren't bodybuilders...Try again.

Talk about individual rights is all well and good, but it's just talk. I don't see most of you doing the things you proclaim you can do. I don't see any of you driving without a license, or not paying your taxes. How do I know this? Cause you are here talking to us. Your ass would be in jail if you did those things.

The problem is extremism. Is there a problem with government? Sure, but many posters here are extremists, so what good does their opinion do? Most American's aren't extremists. They don't want to do back to the 18th century and they don't want to live in a commie country either. It's somewhere in the middle. It's hard for most people on ATS to grasp, but most American's are not ideological driven people and they never will be. Most posters here seems to be anarchists, ok, most american's aren't anarchists.

And therein lies the problem, all of your protests fall on deaf ears because they aren't like you. They never will be.
edit on 1-7-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Its about time for an overthrow no?

No! Who the hell would we be overthrowing? Ourselves? The problem isn't that this country has been usurped, of which it has, the real problem is that those who hold the inherent political power have abdicated that power.

It is not us against them we are them!

How many of us have been taught that we are free because we get to elect our leaders? How many of us have been taught that we live in a democracy? How many of us have been taught that all we can do is vote, and then the rest is up to them? We are them!

This is our nation! You as an individual, I as an individual, and ever single individual within the United States, of sound body, mind, and age, has a responsibility to do far more than vote. We are all endowed with unalienable rights and we cannot sit back and hope ambitious politicians and ambitious bureaucrats will protect those rights, we have to protect our own rights. We have to protect the rights of our loved ones, our friends and neighbors and we certainly cannot do that by voting.

We also, most certainly cannot do that by going along to get along. We have long since past the point of getting along, and those ambitious politicians, those ambitious bureaucrats have discovered that they can trample all over our rights just as long as they keep us divided. So, We the People have bought into Democrats and Republicans, Left and Right, we have taken our side and railed against the other side, but if we are all freedom loving individuals who cherish our rights then the only other side are the sycophants of tyranny, and we need not overthrow those sycophants and tyrants, we merely need to refuse to acquiesce to their tyranny.

The ambitious politicians and ambitious bureaucrats would love to see a violent revolution in this nation. That they could easily quell. What these petty tyrants and their sycophants cannot quell is peaceful revolution. They cannot quell non-acquiescence.

So, you can keep voting. You can keep getting licenses to make sure you've obtained permission from the petty tyrants to exercise a right, you can keep paying taxes for something your are most likely not even liable for to begin with, or you can stand tall and refuse to acquiesce to licensing schemes and tax schemes that are antithetical to freedom, and if you cannot find the temerity to do something as simple and peaceful as that, then what in God's name makes you think you could pull off an overthrow?

You write beautifully Jean Paul.
Mr. Gandhi offered some similar sentiments as well when he stated:
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."

And, while he may not wax as eloquently as yourself and his verbiage may seem a bit less tasteful, here is one of the greatest contemporary critical thinkers offering some similar social commentary at his very best.

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

edit on 1-7-2012 by lapi7 because: additional information, link check

edit on 1-7-2012 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
No, the American people are not angry. Most of us are still sitting comfortably watching American Idol or some other worthless crap on television. The last time I saw a stirring of the American people was during the Tea Party, during the Town Hall meetings. Politicians were coming to those with security, and had these HERP DERP looks on their faces. Why weren't the sheep listening to me, I am telling them we are ok. Then the Tea Party got hijacked and now is just a puppet of the Republican Party. Occupy Wall Street had potential, but that just became an extension of the extreme left.

So what is left? Nothing....people grumble and moan and that is about it. No, America isn't angry, just irritated. They will actually be angry when the economy collapses, but by then it will be to late.

you're right. I was saying the other day, I complain but I really have no reason to complain. My life isn't so bad and most of the things I complain about I bring on myself. I do have a right to complain about the state of affairs globally and how worldwide living standards need to improve and how that would make the world a better place overall and not just out of balance with a few comfortable people and a majority of those suffering.

the answer to this is to shift away from fossil fuels and start investing in zero-point energy development. that way a happy, comfortable living standard can be sustainable for every single living person on this planet. Until then I will remain angry at the powers that be and say so.

Life maybe comfortable but it's becoming increasingly difficult to ignore the erosion of freedoms, abuse of power of politicians and the 'connected', the growing economic divide ,as things go from bad to worse, and the dawning that no stimulus,govt programme is going to rescue this stagnating economy, as the cause of it all is the overwhelming debt private and public which is being purged from the system.

I believe that as the impoverishment of society comes closer most people will figure it out, that is- how and
why a wealthy country went poor and how to turn it around.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

It was a example of how Flawed it is. Try to read instead of cherry picking a sentence. Besides it was directed at someone else So why were you answering it? ANyway point stands. even though most americans are not Bodybuilders youre going to beleive the MSM and go along with big pharma that they are all fat right?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Excellent!! I am thankful he is fighting for all of us! Thanks for the thread!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The reality of the world in America actually depends on which state you live in. Some states have exciting attributes and the world is very much together like family, challenging you to do better things.

Some places are in fact places that you are always communicating with the public, like the public is one soul and everybody communicates with each other.

Other places they are angry.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
nice post op!! glad to see that there are still some people in government who have the "for the people" mindset.

i have been giving alot of thought as to how to fix this, i do agree with most of the posts that have been posted.

i have been honored as one who chose to defend this country, and it does sadden me to see how far off the constitution that washington has gotten.

we are the people, and the government. the politicians,are to represent us, the government. that has been lost for some time now. so the question is how do we, as a people, fix this problem? an armed response is not the answer. has there not been enough of our blood shed already for this beloved country? i agree that we as a people, should not be divided, but united! no more party affiliation, but equally independant, and vote for none of the above. i for one, am not impressed by any of the political choices we have, i feel we need to stop putting lawyers in washington, who are only interested in their survival, and replace them with regular people, the layman, buisnessman, ones who truely know the sufferage of the people.

its time to get back to our roots folks. and make this country what it should be. the UNITED states of america.

god bless you all!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I disagree with the statement that the USA is on its way to being an oligarchy. Ever since the federal reserve act of 1913 the oligarchy was put in place. This is why all gold was confiscated from citizens and the gold standard removed. This government then became controlled by the shadow government of which the majority of people are oblivious. Once this country outlawed hemp production because the forestry and chemical industries wanted total control of the profits. This is one hand washing the other. This is the type of action that caused the disproportion of distribution of wealth. Add the military industrial complex into the mix along with war to sustain the facade that the banks who fund both sides perpetrated to maintain the economy and we have this ending result. War is big business so when the cold war ended we then had the war on drugs and now the war on terror. So for the folks who scream for revolution i say dont play that game because it empowers the powers that be to remove more of our civil liberties. They want a reason to shut down our open society. Yes as americans we r furious. We also were conditioned since birth to be consumers and feed into the american dream and become slaves to our possessions. This is how we ended up where we are. As a veteran i have the urge to revolt because i was sold a lie about freedom. I didnt serve to end up here in poverty. On the other hand we need to stop waiting for our government to take care of us because they dont have our intrest in mind only their own. We fear our government but they should fear us. So they divide and conquer and keep us distracted. Most folks wont even believe our government is only out for themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Good news-

Lets just say there are unseen forces invested in it all. None of your human resources will solve the problem no matter how sound the idea. We are way past that now.

that's why I'm hoping some representatives come down from their Celestial Abodes and upgrade our energy resources so we can sustain a happy standard of living and not be so angry any more!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Most people are not professional liars, crooks, and scum bags. Sorry, but thats not me, and definitely not most members here at ATS. Are YOU are like them? Is that what you are saying?

More than half of this nation supports wealth redistribution and will gladly tell lies to sell it. There are far more crooks and liars than you are willing to acknowledge. We will never be able to effectively confront the enemy if we cannot even confront ourselves.

Interesting to note that out of all I have written in this thread, you conflated the ambitious politicians and bureaucrats with We the People, willfully ignoring the fact that I have accused you and everyone else of abdicating their inherit political power. What was that, honesty?

I certainly support wealth distribution and no tax loopholes. Learn to work with your hands or be a high browed snot and pay all your taxes. There is a choice.....

I also support the FED being nationalised and the bankers paying interest to the government, rather than the government and by direct association the people, paying interest to the bankers.

I also support a lot more tariff on all imports TO FORCE companies back THE HARD WAY!

I am also for zero corruption and maximum penalisation of politicians.

I am far left and do not hide with lies. You and the conservatives CERTAINLY DO! Hail stalin!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for this thread. Many people are angry and something needs to be done soon.
What can we do to get our message across? Here's my suggestion:
If everyone surrounded the White House, Pentagon, Governor's mansions, etc. while carrying Nerf guns, nooses, and Super Soakers. Sure, this may sound silly to some, but it's non-violent while getting the message across. It's a warning. We need to communicate that armed rebellion is the next step if our "leaders" don't remember that they are PUBLIC SERVANTS. What do you think they did in the olden days if the servants got out of line? They got whipped, sold, hung, killed, etc.

If you're happy with ObamaCare passing, then get angry about this:
www.politico.com...

The White House released its annual report to Congress on staff salaries. At 4:39 p.m. on Friday.

A quick review found the White House payroll appears to have grown since last year, going from $37.1 million in 2011 to $37.8 million in 2012. The number of employees listed also grew -- from 454 last year to 468 in 2012.

White House officials did not immediately respond to a message seeking explanation of the growth. Overall, the payroll has shrunk since 2009, when it totaled $39.1 million.

(PHOTOS: Lawmakers' wealth)

On this year's report, there were 68 special assistants to the president, 22 assistants to the president and 24 deputy assistants. They cover a wide range of specializations from legislative affairs to economic policy and presidential correspondence.

The full report can be seen here.

I'm so sick of rich people running this country!!!!!!!!
Just because you have a large bank account doesn't mean that you are a good leader or a smart person!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join