It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American People Are Angry!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The American People Are Angry and Sen. Bernard Sanders tells us why.

Great vid to watch from a man that is not afraid to speak up. So have a watch...pause, grab a beer and hit play. Stop, think, reflect and maybe grab another beer because it is definitely one vid you want to watch in full in order to let it all sink in.

Seems to be quite a lot of these rants on the floor lately.

Enjoy.

Great quote from a YT member:

I would have never expected an american politician actually saying these things. the USA seems rotten to the bone politically with the only beacon of hope being popular gatherings such as occupy. this dude at least puts american history (which sadly is a huge chunk of world history) into a perspective that coincides with my memory of events, causes and effects. I hope many Americans will realize that too!

And found this as well:

Very interesting points in saying that the money people MUST be on the ads during a campaign to identify themselves as a supporter of that party AND candidate. No more hiding behind closed doors...I like this guy!

Peace

edit on 30-6-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Its about time for an overthrow no?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

but than I might miss my favorite (Insert mind numbing dribble that passes for prime time tv) show...

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by jude11

Eh many Americans are angry. The problem is they dont realize who they should be angry at and misdirect their anger so nothing changes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

No they're not. The summer line up on TV just started. The American people will whine and complain, but they won't get angry enough to do anything about it. It's bread and circus, and we have plenty of bread and circus to keep us "inline."

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This constant calling for an armed rebellion is just a knee jerk reaction like people who claim they'll leave the country but never do. It's just a bunch of stupid hyperbole.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, so far the general consensus amongst the comments seems to be a "I give up" attitude and "No one will do anything" feeling.

Wow! What happened?

Are TPTB winning so completely that people are just not going to even try to look like they give a damn?

Just asking as it seems very disheartening to see this.

Peace

+61 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

No! Who the hell would we be overthrowing? Ourselves? The problem isn't that this country has been usurped, of which it has, the real problem is that those who hold the inherent political power have abdicated that power.

It is not us against them we are them!

How many of us have been taught that we are free because we get to elect our leaders? How many of us have been taught that we live in a democracy? How many of us have been taught that all we can do is vote, and then the rest is up to them? We are them!

This is our nation! You as an individual, I as an individual, and ever single individual within the United States, of sound body, mind, and age, has a responsibility to do far more than vote. We are all endowed with unalienable rights and we cannot sit back and hope ambitious politicians and ambitious bureaucrats will protect those rights, we have to protect our own rights. We have to protect the rights of our loved ones, our friends and neighbors and we certainly cannot do that by voting.

We also, most certainly cannot do that by going along to get along. We have long since past the point of getting along, and those ambitious politicians, those ambitious bureaucrats have discovered that they can trample all over our rights just as long as they keep us divided. So, We the People have bought into Democrats and Republicans, Left and Right, we have taken our side and railed against the other side, but if we are all freedom loving individuals who cherish our rights then the only other side are the sycophants of tyranny, and we need not overthrow those sycophants and tyrants, we merely need to refuse to acquiesce to their tyranny.

The ambitious politicians and ambitious bureaucrats would love to see a violent revolution in this nation. That they could easily quell. What these petty tyrants and their sycophants cannot quell is peaceful revolution. They cannot quell non-acquiescence.

So, you can keep voting. You can keep getting licenses to make sure you've obtained permission from the petty tyrants to exercise a right, you can keep paying taxes for something your are most likely not even liable for to begin with, or you can stand tall and refuse to acquiesce to licensing schemes and tax schemes that are antithetical to freedom, and if you cannot find the temerity to do something as simple and peaceful as that, then what in God's name makes you think you could pull off an overthrow?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

This is our nation! You as an individual, I as an individual, and ever single individual within the United States, of sound body, mind, and age, has a responsibility to do far more than vote. We are all endowed with unalienable rights and we cannot sit back and hope ambitious politicians and ambitious bureaucrats will protect those rights, we have to protect our own rights. We have to protect the rights of our loved ones, our friends and neighbors and we certainly cannot do that by voting.

Well said!

Unfortunately, the fight seems to have gone out of the people (see post above yours)

But I do agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment. People have to start realizing that if nothing changes...nothing changes.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Don't worry. Drake will save us.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

That, sir, was one of the most intelligent things I have ever read on ATS. Thank you for bringing some clarity and some very uplifting and logical thoughts to the forum.
Awesome stuff.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Well they certainly seem to think it's us against them.

I disagree, we are not them. The divide gets bigger and bigger every year.
edit on 30-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The drive by posters in this site tend to reflect the drive by voting that takes place in this country. People vote as if they're holding their guns sideways like gangsta voters "throwing the bums out" or they vote as if they are gang interventionists voting for "change" and "hope" and all other sorts of aphorisms and Hallmark sentiments.

The drive by posters are only a part of this site, and within this site, as it is within the United States, there are freedom fighters. Some are loaded and locked, and others count on the pen being mightier than the sword, but the warrior poets are out there. If they weren't, the ambitious politicians and bureaucrats wouldn't be so scared.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by RSF77

I think he's saying we can be them. That we still have many freedoms and things in place which we can use to our advantage to change things ourselves rather than complaining and waiting. That we should get up off our collective ass and try to use what we have left before it's completely gone and there is nothing left for us to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I disagree, we are not them. The divide gets bigger and bigger every year.

When cancer metastasizes it spreads uncontrollably, getting bigger and bigger every day, week, month, year. That cancer is still a part of the body, it is not as if there is you and then there is cancer. There is you and if you have cancer then it is you with cancer. We are them, and the cancer has metastasized.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by RSF77

I think he's saying we can be them. That we still have many freedoms and things in place which we can use to our advantage to change things ourselves rather than complaining and waiting. That we should get up off our collective ass and try to use what we have left before it's completely gone and there is nothing left for us to do.

Bingo! Thanks for being one of those needed warrior poets.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

People try and you see what happens with that... nothing, just the same as you talk about.

More than likely it's going to keep going like this tipping so far in one direction until we a have a system akin to feudalism. Honestly I think the people calling for armed rebellion are more realistic than anyone who thinks anything can truly happen any other way. That's always the way it has happened all throughout history, why would it be different now?
edit on 30-6-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Ah, I dont think so. Most of WE THE PEOPLE are not traitorous SNAKES who want to see our country SOLD out and our children and grand-children’s futures destroyed.

Most people are not professional liars, crooks, and scum bags like our politicians all are. Sorry, but your statement there is inaccurate and pathetic. That statement certainly doesn’t apply to me, nor most members here at ATS.

Are YOU are like THEM?

edit on 30-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Some are loaded and locked, and others count on the pen being mightier than the sword, but the warrior poets are out there. If they weren't, the ambitious politicians and bureaucrats wouldn't be so scared.

And the only thing more dangerous than the sword is the thinker behind it.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Most people are not professional liars, crooks, and scum bags. Sorry, but thats not me, and definitely not most members here at ATS. Are YOU are like them? Is that what you are saying?

More than half of this nation supports wealth redistribution and will gladly tell lies to sell it. There are far more crooks and liars than you are willing to acknowledge. We will never be able to effectively confront the enemy if we cannot even confront ourselves.

Interesting to note that out of all I have written in this thread, you conflated the ambitious politicians and bureaucrats with We the People, willfully ignoring the fact that I have accused you and everyone else of abdicating their inherit political power. What was that, honesty?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join