It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dilemna for Opponents of Gay Marriage ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'll state up front that I support gay marriage, I believe that sharing one's life with one they love trumps all. It's worth more than money, expensive cars, big houses and so forth. In the past I have introduced research showing that there is a biological difference in the brain responses to pheromones between homosexual males & females and heterosexual males and females indicating this is not a lifestyle choice but a biological difference. I have also raised the aspect of indeterminate sex in response to firm statements that the sexes are clearly defined by their physical aspects as male or female but my points did not seem to stir any thought. I came across this article today that perfectly lays out one of the points I attempted to make so now I would like to ask...

What do you propose be done in situations such as this:

‘Man’ Discovers He’s a Woman During Medical Exam

DENVER — Steve Crecelius is a prominent local photographer. He’s lived his entire life as a man but recently discovered – he is in fact a female.

“I remember wearing my mom’s clothes and makeup, very secretly, not telling anybody,” Crecelius said. From a young age, Crecelius identified more with being a female, but hid behind a male persona. “

When I was 17, I was working my first part-time job at a TV station as a floor cameraman and the person in charge said to me, ‘You know, you walk like a queer.’ And I thought I was hiding who I was, and I wasn’t,” he said.

About 40 years later, a revelation:

“How do you tell your kids that well, it’s no longer dad, it’s dadette?”

Stevie and wife Debbie have six children.

Married, with 6 children and he is a she. Now what do you propose happen to this family, should they be torn asunder in the light of this. because he has discovered he is a she and it is now 2 women raising their 6 children?

If you are a parent imagine if this was your child, your son who you had raised to adulthood believing him to be male, who did his best to hide and reject any feelings he had that might be feminine, your son, the father of your grandchildren Would you want to see his/her marriage nullified by the state and your grandchildren taken away because he is now a she?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I am for civil unions period.

If your religious thats between you and your god, you can go have a ceremony in a church or what ever.

Man wants to Mary a man and is of a religion that allows for it, go ahead, and the state should stay the hell out of it.

Give civil unions to Man and Women marriages as well.

Marriage has religious connotations and the state should mind its business, there are plenty of christian and other religions denominations that have no problem with same sex.

As always when the state does something its a cluster____ which is what would happen in this situation if the state tried tostep in and mess with thiis person and his family.

I never needed the State to tell me I was married to my wife, the state getting involved was an after thought, I remember getting the Marriage license and thinking F-the state, who are they to give me permission to marry my wife.
edit on 30-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Read my full post. This person believed themselves to be MALE, they married a female and had 6 children and 40 years later HE found out HE was a SHE

They didn't marry afterwards,they married before he knew that he was not a HE

So the marriage already happened. It's said and done 6 children in the past.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

yeah and the state should STAY the hell out of it, its done, it has extenuating circumstances, and IF the state MINDED its buisness and Stayed out of the bedroom this wouldn't be a problem.

Marriage again is a religious institution that the state has adopted, Its my view it violates serperation of church and state.

Seriously why do non religious people still go and get a priest? that's absurd to me, it we are a post-theist society as so many want us to believe why is this even a issue still?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't think I understand how that's possible. How does a person with male genitalia and male reproductive function suddenly learn they are female?? Something doesn't add up..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

He had both and both apparently functioned but he found out that genetically, biologically he was a she. Medically it is called intersex.

That is one of the points I brought up in the past, sometimes the lines are not distinct. Medically this is not something new.

edit on 6/30/12 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Oh sh- ain't that a kick in the balls!
Oh wait..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

My understanding is that he was a she and yet still a he. In other words, not one or the other but both.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Yes but genetically female, medical tests indicted he was a female.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yet able to father 6 children. Therefore NOT more of a female, but clearly both.

Biologically male and female.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Would his body have produced equal amounts of testosterone and estrogen, if not more estrogen? If that was the case would he not be incapable of producing sperm and would the kids most likely not be his..? Just wondering I could be wrong

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by Pixiefyre

I like what the story stands for but I feel like its kind of simplifying the issue a tad bit. She was ignoring part of herself her whole life and only felt comfortable expressing it when she had an excuse. Not to mention that now after being identified as intersexed she is completly ignoring the male aspects of herself. This doesnt make any sense and I think she may need some counseling. A lot of what it seems like is going on in this story has more to do with her reaction to societal standards and self acceptance than it does with gay marriage.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm confused??? Ok, so, he/she is obviously physically a male as per the six children. Now he feels they are a she... Well, I guess the ball is in the wife's court at this point. Continue or desolve the marrage. Apparently the male knew from an early age that they were female, to a certian extent, on the inside. False advertising if you ask me. But, if the wife is good with it...whateva. It's between the both of them to figure it out. S&F.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tingle

Well I'm not a doctor but apparently he/she was able to produce sufficient quantities, the couple are not doubting the paternity of their children.

I realize this is not something we hear a lot about but it is not something new. Quite a number of years ago there was a 60 minutes or some such news show bringing issues such as this to lite focusing on the teens that it effected. And in some cases doctors able to notice both sets of reproductive organs at birth and randomly choosing which to eliminate and which to keep in some cases leaving the child hormonally female with male genitalia or the reverse and pushing for genetic testing prior to making a decision in those cases.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

I'm pretty sure his wife would know, I mean they'd have to talk about it at some stage why he had a vagina. If that's what the OP meant when he said he had both genitalia.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

He had to have been genetically a male in order to father children, unless his wife knows something we don't.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I support gay marriage, people should not be able to tell other people what they can or cannot do with their own lives.
And I always find it funny that people can say there is no such thing as the gay gene, yet say obesity is genetic?
S@F

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You dont have to be genetically male in order to produce children. You could be whats called a female psuedohermaphrodite where you have fully formed guy parts but also have an ovary

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
looks like our religious friends (the bigot-brigade who hate on gay folks) will have to hate on "god" in this case.

Maybe those religious nut cases in Kansas need to come out with signs that read:

[color=dodgerblue]"GOD HATES GOD".

Damn religious bigots. When will they learn it is NOT a choice to be gay. I most certainly did not choose to be heterosexual, but I am DAMN GLAD that I was born that way so that I dont have to put up with the HATE and BIGOTRY from them degenerates my whole life.

edit on 30-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
He is the future of the human species! Asexual reproduction (can he do it?).

And would that mean his offspring would all look exactly like him? I think so.

As for the OP's question, of course the family shouldn't be torn apart. Besides, he has both gender's genitalia so that wouldn't exclusively make him a she.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join