It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Plagues of Egypt.......SANTORINI?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Were the ten plagues of Egypt caused by the volcanic eruption on Santorini?

Please investigate first and then state your opinion with your educated reasons.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sure why not, and maybe Noahs flood was caused by the Toba event.

I watched a special on it the other day, was interesting.

Its convenient though how it worked out in Moses and the Jews favor.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Sure why not, and maybe Noahs flood was caused by the Toba event.

I watched a special on it the other day, was interesting.

Its convenient though how it worked out in Moses and the Jews favor.

You mean how they managed to steal all the Egyptians' gold and then wander about a desert for forty years?

I think I'll wait for the next major storm, wait for my neighbours to leggit for the nearest underground shelter, steal all the valuables, run off into the woods and then write a book romanticising everything so my kids think they are descended from seriously special people. Well, it fooled the world once.......

p.s. the flood was likely caused by a massive tsuanami caused by sudden continental drift in the highly tectonic area called the Holy Land, which was 'the world' to the inhabitants.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFogHorn

seriously special people.

You see, thats what people miss, The Jews aren't special, Abraham was special.

If anything God choosing the jews is to show his continued patients in not wiping them off the earth, For god sake They get led out of Egypt, see miracles, and as soon as Moses turns his back they build a cow to worship.

THe point of it, is god Choosing the weak, foolish, shameful, and exalting them up.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by TheFogHorn

seriously special people.

You see, thats what people miss, The Jews aren't special, Abraham was special.

If anything God choosing the jews is to show his continued patients in not wiping them off the earth, For god sake They get led out of Egypt, see miracles, and as soon as Moses turns his back they build a cow to worship.

THe point of it, is god Choosing the weak, foolish, shameful, and exalting them up.

or they exalting themselves up.

Anyway, back to the topic.....so, you agree that the Santorini eruption probably caused the ten plagues of Egypt? Do you also agree that the 'mountain of fire' mentioned in the Bible could be a volcano?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
the exodus enigma by ian wilson shouldi give you some good answers

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

Please investigate first and then state your opinion with your educated reasons.

Well lets see... Santorini is about 500kms from egypt... so...

1.Water, which turned to blood and killed all fish and other aquatic life

~ Possible... minus the blood

2. Frogs

~ Unlikely...i don't see how a volcano would make frogs infest a city... Perhaps they might have been running from poisoned water?

3. Lice

~ unlikely... Dust does not become lice... i can't see a reason a volcano would induce lice and gnats

4. Flies...

~ unlikely...see above

5. pestilence

~ possible...

6. boils

Unlikely... 500kms away... no reason a volcano would make people break out in boils from that far away..

7. Hail

~ unlikely... why would a volcano produce hail?

though the storms are possible...

because the hail will fall on every man and animal that has not been brought in and is still out in the field, and they will die. […] The LORD sent thunder and hail, and lightning flashed down to the ground. So the LORD rained hail on the land of Egypt; hail fell and lightning flashed back and forth. It was the worst storm in all the land of Egypt since it had become a nation.

8. locusts

~unlikely... see frogs

9. Darkness

~ very possible

10. Death of first born

~ Impossible

Though a child has a weaker immune system... poisioning would be possible from a volcano... but not all in one night...

edit on 30-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by TheFogHorn

Well lets see... Santorini is about 500kms from egypt... so...

1.Water, which turned to blood and killed all fish and other aquatic life

~ Possible... minus the blood

2. Frogs

~ Unlikely...i don't see how a volcano would make frogs infest a city... Perhaps they might have been running from poisoned water?

3. Lice

~ unlikely... Dust does not become lice... i can't see a reason a volcano would induce lice and gnats

4. Flies...

~ unlikely...see above

5. pestilence

~ possible...

6. boils

Unlikely... 500kms away... no reason a volcano would make people break out in boils from that far away..

7. Hail

~ unlikely... why would a volcano produce hail?

though the storms are possible...

because the hail will fall on every man and animal that has not been brought in and is still out in the field, and they will die. […] The LORD sent thunder and hail, and lightning flashed down to the ground. So the LORD rained hail on the land of Egypt; hail fell and lightning flashed back and forth. It was the worst storm in all the land of Egypt since it had become a nation.

8. locusts

~unlikely... see frogs

9. Darkness

~ very possible

10. Death of first born

~ Impossible

Though a child has a weaker immune system... poisioning would be possible from a volcano... but not all in one night...

edit on 30-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Oh for goodness sake! You're still commenting on something you know nothing about. All of these queries can be overcome with half an hour of research. Google 'santorini plagues of egypt' to start you off. p.s. also Google 'Hail bible volcano' and you will find a few posts of mine to support the argument that this incident of hail in the Bible is not ice hail but small balls of sulphar. You really need to spend some time reading up on everything. It's far more complex than you seem to think.

top topics

join